1.    #1  
    What is a good King James bible for palm.
    MarkMyScriptures is the best.
    http://www.skimware.com/MarkMyScriptures.htm

It has the fastest way to get to any particular verse.
    I use Olive Tree -- http://www.olivetree.com/ -- on my T600. The Olive Tree reader has good index and search features, and runs on all of the different Palm OS versions.

The basic reader and the KJV are both free, as are several other translations. Some of the modern translations require payment. They also have the Bible in the original Greek and Hebrew, translations into other modern languages, Strong's, and lots of other stuff.

I've used it for over a year and highly recommend it.
  4.    #4  
    Thx a lot!
    http://www.patdouble.com/biblethumper/

I'm not associated with this software but have tried most on the market and this is the BIG DADDY!

Take a look at the Strongs Greek and Hebrew as well as the AWESOME reference book addition. Use it and you won't go back to anything else!!!

It's shareware and you won't be disappointed!

Clayton
    Not quite the same, but take a look at Palm Digital Media. I purchased the NIV for $11.99

Ben

----------------

Originally posted by Predator-1
    What is a good King James bible for palm.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    The internet is filled with bibles. why bother wasting valuable memory space when all sorts of bibles are found using Blazer.
    In some instances, you have a point; however, with a high density card, it is not a big problem. I have a 512mb card in my Treo.

Ben

Originally posted by hlazar
    The internet is filled with bibles. why bother wasting valuable memory space when all sorts of bibles are found using Blazer.
    try mybible from www.laridian.com one of the most comprehensive I have found.
    Originally posted by hlazar
    Because with MarkMyScriptures, you can:

1. Have pull-down menus which allow you to select the book, chapter and verse you want to view. You can locate any passage in seconds. (This is the best feature to me. If I'm in a class on Sunday and the teacher mentions a scripture, I can get to the right location in about 2-5 seconds.)

2. Underline text with your stylus and see it underlined, or with color highlighting on the screen.

3. Tap the screen with your stylus to insert a note relating to the scripture you are reading. All notes and underlines are saved when you hot sync.

4. Organize your favorite scriptures and notes for quick reference, or outline a lesson, by chosing the "Add to Topics" option in the note dialog box. MarkMyScriptures copies that scripture to a topical list.

5. Copy a topical index to memo and print a hard copy with the Palm desktop application.

6. Keep the bible on the memory card for storage.

7. Categorize your scripture files.

8. Create bookmarks.

9. Search the bible for the text of your inserted notes.

10. Scroll while reading.

11. Use small or large fonts.

Try doing each of these things with a web-bible.

As other people have mentioned, there are other good bible-readers out there, and each have their strengths depending upon your needs. The web-based solution is probably the worst choice of all.
    Thanks all for this posts and topic. Here I learned about two Bible Apps that I was unaware of before including BibleThumper.

I have long missed the Scroll feature in my Bible Reader that I used before in another program that is not compatiable with the Treo. So MarkMyScriptures is a real blessing to me.

Question Heberman, is it possible to change the color background and color of text in MarkMyScriptures? I have tried to change it under Preferances but have not had any luck with it.

Also, is it possible to have a command bar listed at the top of the Bible program?

Thanks for your help.

M.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    Question Heberman, is it possible to change the color background and color of text in MarkMyScriptures? I have tried to change it under Preferances but have not had any luck with it.

Also, is it possible to have a command bar listed at the top of the Bible program?

M.
    1. Color background and color of text: Hmmm, that preference screen looks weird. Trying to change the color of text doesn't do anything. It looks like a bug with the Treo 600. Changing colors of highlights/underlined text works.

2. Command bar listed at top: I think the only command bar available is at the top, letting you select document/book/chapter/verse. ALSO, check out the little triangle in the top right corner. Tapping that triangle gives you the command options.

There is a discussion group for this program at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mms-nospam

The people there are very helpful, and have posted other versions of the bible and other docs.
    THANKS! I will check the Yahoo group out.

M.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Ahhh, do I have to join the group to read the posts?

Originally posted by GeekyMom
    Ahhh, do I have to join the group to read the posts?
    Yep. If you want, just leave the group after you have looked at the message archives.