1.    #1  
    Could everyone please list the differences between the two or more handsets that they have already had. I am trying to determine how many discrepancies there are in the build qualitites. My first one the plastic on the side started making cracking noises, so I replaced it and the differecnes are so far that this camera on the new one does not filter artificial light well and is oversaturated with Blue, and that the hot sync plug seems to stick a little more, that is after a day, and also the battery did not seem to last that long after its first charge. Will this be the third time to best buy, has yet to be determined, maybe I will wait, for Revision D. It took 3 I330's until they got it right and even then a hard reset was a once a week occurance.
    My replacement one actually has that crackling sound when i squeeze or press in on the silver strip on the right side. its annoying but not sure if i'll bother to return it because everything else has worked fine so far. my first one was doa. strangely, this one is version b where as my first one which i received 3 weeks earlier was version c.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    i have a replacement coming. the one i am using right now, the left button on the d-pad doesnt click. in fact it doesn't even move, yet if i press hard enough, i can activate it.

it is rev C.

tommy
    I almost dread asking this, since all it will do is give me a way to feel bad about my shiny new T600 -- but I've got to ask.

How do you find out what revision you've got?

Are you basically stuck with the flaws of an earlier revision if that's what you've got on your hands?

Thanks,
    Alexis
    I've got a revision B and mine cracks/groans in that same spot!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I too have noticed the camera blue saturation on my Rev. C Treo 600. I did not notice any blue saturation on my Rev. B phone.

As for the "cracking" noise, I had that on both phones. Odd enough that I had the same noise on my Treo 300 when I would tap the lower right of the screen.
    Last edited by 7zero; 11/22/2003 at 04:06 PM.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    My first one arrived with the bad speaker problem. Replaced in 48 hours. The only thing I can complain about is that the SMS button isn't raised up quite as high as the others. This is no where near bad enough to return for a replacement and I'm quite happy with the unit I have. I have hardware rev B on my current unit. Couldn't say what it was on the first.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Originally posted by KKenna
    I have hardware rev B on my current unit. Couldn't say what it was on the first.
    KKenna, do you notice a lot of blue noise when taking pictures?

I have a rev. C and I notice it quite a bit in lower light levels.
    Is it just as easy to go to the Sprint store, and swap it out? What did you have to do? I dont need to right now, but just should I need to, I'd like to know the process. *knocks on wood*
    damn. so far, mines feels like its built like a rock. i hope i dont get noises like you guys soon. the blue speckles are normal for this high end 5.0 mp digit technology camera. all the high end cameras do this.

just kiddin. its a low tech cam. you'll get used to it.
    Originally posted by alexis_gallaghe
    IHow do you find out what revision you've got?
    Anyone got an answer for this?
    does this work

You can also just go to Options -> Phone Info in the phone app to get get your hardware revision
    Originally posted by alexis_gallaghe

How do you find out what revision you've got?

From the phone app hit ##786 and then send (or dial.. what ever)
  14.    #14  
    Keep coming with why you replaced and what the differences, I have been told by Palm they are concerned and looking into this. Any inof would help, thanks
    Yeah, mine is rock solid. I don't send back units because of minor nuances - unlike some in this forum....
    Originally posted by zoomer777
    Yeah, mine is rock solid. I don't send back units because of minor nuances - unlike some in this forum....

Guess how much Handspring and the wireless carriers waste on paying people to answer the countless emails and phone calls fom the geeks in this forum? ("Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet?") Or the people that use warranties as a way to "try out" stuff they have no intention of keeping? Or people with unrealistic expectations? ("I'm returning it and costing Handspring $200 because one of the buttons is slightly off center." "I'm returning it because it's not hi-res.")

This is part of the reason why hardware is so expensive and it's so difficult to get through to customer support for REAL problems.

Handspring probably would have been able to afford Bluetooth, hi-res screen, etc. if they didn't have to waste money on these idiots.

Selfish a**holes.
  17.    #17  
    Bump