Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
       #1  
    So after months of getting synched for a T-Mobile Treo, I finally broke down and ordered the Cingular version. I spoke with a friendly Handspring rep today, who let me order the 600 sim-free and unlocked for $399 + shipping. Considering my Palm Vx cost this much and my Treo 270 around $330, the 600 looks like a great value. The sales rep assured me that the phone will be unlocked and needs no contract, though it will have Cingular splash screens. Perhaps these will be removable at some point with a tool like Jack Sprat?

    I am excited, today I am carrying a Mitac Mio smart Phone with MS Windows Smartphone OS 2002, (have to give it back next week...) so the Treo should be a real treat. Now, anyone hear of software that will let you sync the Treo with Exchange 2003 wirelessly (no desktop?).

    Can't wait to get this thing and show it off!! Yeah!!!!!
    Mike
  2. willp2's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #2  
    new Treo 600 coming!
    [removed]
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by z3bum
    [ Now, anyone hear of software that will let you sync the Treo with Exchange 2003 wirelessly (no desktop?).
    [/B]
    You mean through a server like Goodlink?



    Goodlink
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
  4. #4  
    Will this allow it to work on the Verizon Network?
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by z3bum
    ... I spoke with a friendly Handspring rep today, who let me order the 600 sim-free and unlocked for $399 + shipping...
    That's the first I've heard that HS will do that. What justified his permitting the sale without a contract and at that price?
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by elysian9


    That's the first I've heard that HS will do that. What justified his permitting the sale without a contract and at that price?
    LOL. Everyone on these forums ordered the Cingular Treo 600 w/o a contract or service for $399. Handspring could care less about a contract.


    FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
  7. #7  
    I just spoke to a HS rep and he told me that there is no way you can get it at that price.

    He said that it is $699 w/o contract(Cingular). I need to buy one asap but not willing to shell out that kind of money.

    Can you tell me how you got that price ?

    PM me if you can.

    Thanks
  8. #8  
    I also just broke down and ordered the Cngular t600 from HS. No problems, gace them my 270 serial # and got it for 399. they said 2-4 weeks ship time. They verified that it would be unlocked but optimized for cingular(so what). Hopefully santa brings to me before chritmas!
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by Doctor Treo
    Will this allow it to work on the Verizon Network?
    No....this is for the GSM network. Verizon, like Sprint, runs on CDMA.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  10. #10  
    Cingular's Xpress Mail Corporate Edition will port directly into Exchange. Have to pay for GPRS access plus the costs of XMail. Also, their Personal Edition will allow you to use another coworker's (always on) desktop to allow you access via their workstation to the Exchange Server. Haven't tried that one yet since I have a desktop on the network (with XMail Personal). That one is working fine for me (albeit at $9.99/mo plus GPRS).
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by Doctor Treo
    Will this allow it to work on the Verizon Network?
    Anyone can use their Sprint treo on the verizon network. For $5 a month extra, you can get unlimited roaming. Since Sprint roams on the Verizon network, you are there. But you can't do it via a Verizon contract. Only a Sprint contract;
  12. #12  
    I tried this out. I paid for the $5 unlimited roaming, and set my phone up to roam.

    I could not get my Treo 600 to roam. The Treo 600 would be at 1 bar, and sometimes no bars, but still would remain on the Sprint network. It did not roam. I live in the los angeles area.
  13. #13  
    You can replace the splash screens with other ones, or any image file you want.

    You can download some files here that will allow you to change the screens. www.diffusioncapital.com/Treo 600 Skins.zip

    If you later want to remove them use the included filez program to get rid of em. There's another thread on here about this, and thats where I got the original files. make sure you install these with wireless mode OFF! the files are in use, so it will cause problems if wireless mode is on. You can't actually overwrite the originals because they are protected in the rom, so these are safe to install.

    Originally posted by z3bum
    So after months of getting synched for a T-Mobile Treo, I finally broke down and ordered the Cingular version. I spoke with a friendly Handspring rep today, who let me order the 600 sim-free and unlocked for $399 + shipping. Considering my Palm Vx cost this much and my Treo 270 around $330, the 600 looks like a great value. The sales rep assured me that the phone will be unlocked and needs no contract, though it will have Cingular splash screens. Perhaps these will be removable at some point with a tool like Jack Sprat?

    I am excited, today I am carrying a Mitac Mio smart Phone with MS Windows Smartphone OS 2002, (have to give it back next week...) so the Treo should be a real treat. Now, anyone hear of software that will let you sync the Treo with Exchange 2003 wirelessly (no desktop?).

    Can't wait to get this thing and show it off!! Yeah!!!!!
    Mike

Posting Permissions