1.    #1  
    I have been very unhappy with MessageExpress on my Treo 300ever since they moved me over from TreoMail. I'm considering SnapperMail. Questions:

1. Does SnapperMail check mail in the background -- or does it take over the system, preventing user from doing anything else while it checks email?

2. If I get an email using SnapperMail and message contains a url link, will clicking that link take me to the url in Blazer, as TreoMail used to do?

3. I note that SnapperMail promises to deliver attachments with email. Can I read files with the DocumentsToGo I have installed, or do I have to buy another application?

4. Can I grab an email address from an incoming email and easily put it into my contacts?

5. If I buy it for my Treo 300, can I later use it on a Treo 600 if I decide to buy up?

I really apreciate this informative and irreverant community. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by beammeup; 11/21/2003 at 02:15 PM.
    Yes...it does everything you are looking for. I am currently using it on a Treo 600. No problems so far. Check out their site . It will answer some of your questions, plus you can download a 30 day trial to play with.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Originally posted by beammeup
    1. Does SnapperMail check mail in the background -- or does it take over the system, preventing user from doing anything else while it checks email?
    SnapperMail does not send or "fetch" (SnapperMail's lingo for "receive") mail in the background. If you are sending or fetching, you cannot use any other applications at the same time.

I once asked SnapperMail about this issue, and the reply was, essentially, "We're looking into it, but we have some concerns about stability."

I think background send/fetch would be a great feature.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies.

I get that, "If you are sending or fetching, you cannot use any other applications at the same time."

But could you place or receive a call while the email is being checked?

I'd like people to be able to get phone calls through to me while email is being automatically checked. Does anyone know of another email program for Treo 300 that allows "background" email checking?

Thanks again.

BeamMeUp
    Originally posted by beammeup
    But could you place or receive a call while the email is being checked?
    I don't know of any way to place or receive phone calls while e-mail is being sent or received. Indeed, here's Handspring's FAQ on this very issue:

Q: What happens if I get a voice call while I'm accessing the Treo 600 data features (email, web browsing)?

A: If you have an active data connection (you are actively sending/receiving data), then all incoming calls go directly to voice mail.

Once the voicemail message is left, you will get an alert telling you that you have a message.