1.    #1  
    hey folks this is my first post here. I did a seach but it gave me no results. I am a mac user and am currently looking into the treo 600. i know that it works in os 10.2 but i am currently runing the newest version 10.3.1. Does anyone have any experiece with using your treo 600 in 10.3?

Also does anyone know when a good bluetooth card will be hitting the market. the idea that i have to go with a cable hurts me. I would go with a p900 if it had a qwerty.

thanks

d
    i just got my treo 600 yesterday and was able to synch it just fine with 10.3.1. i haven't really had a chance to give it a full workout yet but all of the contacts, calendar items, etc. are there.
  3.    #3  
    do you use isync? or just palm desktop?

d
    Done lots of synching with the Treo 600 on both 10.3 and now 10.3.1. No problems, works great, but install the software from CD and go!
  5.    #5  
    is Apple's i sync even possible with the 600? i use it now with my se 616 and love the way it works. Haven't use palm desktop in a while would like to stick with the address book and ical,

thanks

d
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I use iSync and I'm running 10.3.1. Just got my T600 yesterday. The usual wackiness ensued (some datebook appointments and contacts got doubled) but other than that, it works just fine. I would suggest installing the new Palm Desktop that came on the CD with your Treo, and then reinstall the iSync Palm Conduit. Make sure you're using the newest versions of iSync.

The only thing that continues to bug me is the age-old question: If Palm Desktop was originally Claris Organizer, a Mac-Only program, why the heck is it so much slower to Hotsync on the Mac than on its Windows-ported counterpart? I would sync much more often with my Mac if it didn't take so long.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mrjoec
    I use iSync and I'm running 10.3.1. Just got my T600 yesterday. The usual wackiness ensued (some datebook appointments and contacts got doubled) but other than that, it works just fine. I would suggest installing the new Palm Desktop that came on the CD with your Treo, and then reinstall the iSync Palm Conduit. Make sure you're using the newest versions of iSync.

The only thing that continues to bug me is the age-old question: If Palm Desktop was originally Claris Organizer, a Mac-Only program, why the heck is it so much slower to Hotsync on the Mac than on its Windows-ported counterpart? I would sync much more often with my Mac if it didn't take so long.
    If you were only using Palm Desktop to sync with it would go much faster. Since you are using iSync and syncing with iCal and Address Book it's taking longer, it's an iSync thing and not a Palm Desktop thing. Also, if you have things like Vindigo that access the web during sync it will take a little longer. You're not using iSync to sync to the Palm Desktop app are you?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I'm using it with iSync with no problems. If you synch before using the iSynch conduit then you may get duplication. The best way on the initial synch is to let iSync erase the device to get a good starting note.

Note, if you haven't used iSync before. It does NOT put contacts in categories. Everything get put into unfiled. You have to change them on the Treo. For any interested, I did a workaround that made it easier to get the categories in place. What I did was:

1. Sync with iSync conduit on.
    2. Turn off iSync conduit turn on Palm desktop address conduit.
    3. Set Palm desktop address conduit to default of synch, but for this time to have handheld overwrite desktop.
    4. Change categories of addresses in Palm desktop.
    5. Sync with Hotsync.
    6. Turn off Palm desktop conduit, turn on iSync conduit
    7. Sync last time

A bit convoluted but the results was a good set of data (500 contacts) and this process is only necessary the first time.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    If you were only using Palm Desktop to sync with it would go much faster. Since you are using iSync and syncing with iCal and Address Book it's taking longer, it's an iSync thing and not a Palm Desktop thing. Also, if you have things like Vindigo that access the web during sync it will take a little longer. You're not using iSync to sync to the Palm Desktop app are you?

Not true. I've used Palm Desktop as well, before I had iSync, and a few times since, and it's always been much slower than the PC version. Whenever I sync with my work PC (a much older and slower machine than my PowerBook) it takes on average one fifth of the time it takes my Mac to sync, regardless of whether I use iSync or Palm Desktop. Sure, iSync is a bit slower, but either one is a dog compared to the Windows version of Palm Desktop.

I don't have Vindigo, or any apps that slow the process of syncing down, either.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    When using iSync with OS 10.3.1 and Treo 600, my calendar items will not sync from the Treo to iCal. It works fine the other way around (i.e. inputting appointments in iCal and sending them to the Treo). Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mrjoec

Not true. I've used Palm Desktop as well, before I had iSync, and a few times since, and it's always been much slower than the PC version. Whenever I sync with my work PC (a much older and slower machine than my PowerBook) it takes on average one fifth of the time it takes my Mac to sync, regardless of whether I use iSync or Palm Desktop. Sure, iSync is a bit slower, but either one is a dog compared to the Windows version of Palm Desktop.

I don't have Vindigo, or any apps that slow the process of syncing down, either.
    Hmm, that's interesting! I've not noticed this on my Powerbook (Pismo), it syncs as fast as on my PC at work. In fact, it's a little quicker on my Mac since i'm not going through a firewall for Vindigo info. Have you tried deleting prefs or any other troubleshooting steps??
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste