1.    #1  
    FYI:

AT&T Treo 600s are officially available on Handspring.com

As low as $499 with service activation.
    I want a Treo 600!!!
    Well I guess if the Tmobile Treo will not be available tomorrow, as rumored previously, we will not see it before December 15. Now I really feel good for ordering the unlocked Cingular unit.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  3.    #3  
    What I don't get is why T-Mo has to be so secretive about it. I am fricken tired of their games, and will be happily looking at the Cingular logo when using their service.
    I want a Treo 600!!!
    Great!!

So...like...uh...what definition of "available" are we using today?
    ATT CS says I will have it Monday. What Monday I don't know-LOL. Either way I also got the Cing one- will compare and send one back or sell it.
    It says these TREO 600's are SIM locked. So this means I cannot switch carriers with it? Ever? And what are the chances AT&T would unlock it for me? None?
    I think you answered your own questions- LOL. I heard you can get your phone unlocked but I don't know how or why. I think it takes an act of congress to get that done. Maybe another educated user here can help answer this. If that is your concern I would just buy the unlocked one(Hurry-upgrade ends Monday) and not worry about it. Plus if you are unhappy with it you could always return it.
    Mike - good to see you have your phone on the way. Seen you posting in the AT&T forums as well.

I still have the "pending" order for the phone from AT&T - can't tell if it's in the system now because the freaking order system is "updating" again. Count yourself lucky that you got through.

I've had reps tell me both that I have to manually re-submit the order now that there is inventory - and others tell me that it will automagically ship once inventory is there - so I'll be checking FedEx on Monday as well....but I doubt it. If one shows up that would mean the process worked - and we know that hasn't happened with anything having to do with this phone release and any carrier.
    Originally posted by SpiralEx
    It says these TREO 600's are SIM locked. So this means I cannot switch carriers with it? Ever? And what are the chances AT&T would unlock it for me? None?
    getting a phone unlocked depends on the carrier. you should give them a call and see.

t-mo will do it if you been with them a certain amount of time. Orange, in europe, will do it for you after your contract is up or you pay for your entire contract up front.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    A lot of independent wireless stores can unlock your phone for you, but you dont have any recourse with the main provider if you do that, you will have to deal with handspring sirectly then...
    SQLDba

Well they charged my account for the phone- So I am guessing it's on the way. If you have on-line account access that might tell you what is going on. Their good for nothing system is updating so I can't reconfirm anything else at this time. Either way I should know Monday by 10:30am M.S.T
    Originally posted by SpiralEx
    Who said that the AT&T Treo 600 is SIM-locked? I didn't find that on the Handspring page.

Thanks for the info.
    I just checked the HS website, and it appears that even current ATT GSM customers (like myself) must chose a new plan. I have an unlimited voice plan and I really would rather not trade down to a plan that provides fewer minutes for more money.
    Wow- That seems to be a snafu. If you don't care- then just call ATT CS and get it- I did and they kept my unlimited talk plan and just added a new data plan at my request. Maybe you could call HS and see what they say.