1.    #1  
    Of course I have already purchased and installed the full version of Snapper Mail. I have been happy with it thus far. Is there any reason someone can tell me why I should download and use the new mail program HS mail made available?

Thanks for the feedback.

PS I'm sorry I double posted this e-mail to here and the communications thread, but I still have a feeling more people read this forum than the other.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
    Since you have already paid for Snappermail there is no reason to download the HS mail IMHO. If you had not paid for it then I would say to test both programs to see if you are actually going to use all the features that Snappermail provides. If you just want to check e-mail quickly and it is every once in a while then I would say "Go with the free one!"

I am testing both right now, however, I am getting ready to purchase Snappermail this weekend.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    The only difference I can see between the two, is in Snapper Mail you can't tell it to vibrate alert you to new mail.

I couldn't find anything in SnapperMail lacking.

It's a solid program. It would be nice if they considated all, the shiznit you have to install. That was my only complaint.

How much for the entire snapper mail with word and excel editors and eveyrthing?

Oh wait there's a complaint, the word and excel editors I didn't think were as good as DocsToGo, but then Snapper Mail to the rescue again, it lets you choose the app you want to launch your attachments with.

The QuickDocs were not optimized for the 4 way navigator, that blows.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The only difference I can see between the two, is in Snapper Mail you can't tell it to vibrate alert you to new mail.
    I have mine vibrate all the time when I get new mail and then I bought TreoAlert so that it alerts me every 5 minutes. It works great and has for about a month now.
    the biggest difference is that the HS email client can attach pictures stored in RAM. Not a problem for Snappermail if you have an sd card.

Otherwise, if you have multiple accounts, snappermail can check all of them automatically. HS's email client you have to manually choose each account and then check mail (or was this changed?) Big drawback imo.
    Regarding the "new" HS mail app, is this the same version as the mail app that leaked out about a month ago that some people put on their Sprint 600's? I had been waiting to install until something came from Handspring themselves...thanks.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Are the "HS Mail App" and the GSM mail app release recently for the sprint T600 by palm one...one in the same. Just want to make sure that I am comparing apples to apples.

Thanks.
    If we are indeed talking about the email client installed by default on the gsm t600, then I must say that it lacks one major crucial feature:

"Delete msgs from server"

Snappermail has it, and that's why I'm using snappermail. If like the majority of us out there, 80% of received emails are spam. And the ability to delete these from the server would mean that you won't have to see all of them again when you are on your desktop client. Also, if you don't delete these spam messages, they will take up space and soon enough your mailbox will be full and 'reject' any more incoming emails. If you are constantly travelling on business trips, this feature is a must.
    Originally posted by rudychow
    If we are indeed talking about the email client installed by default on the gsm t600, then I must say that it lacks one major crucial feature:

"Delete msgs from server"

The sprint version has delete all from server option, but it doesn't have "delete from server when deleted from phone." I'd like to see this option so when I check on my pc I don't have to do this deleting all over again.
    Originally posted by caneguy
    Of course I have already purchased and installed the full version of Snapper Mail. I have been happy with it thus far. Is there any reason someone can tell me why I should download and use the new mail program HS mail made available?

For now, there is definitely a reason to download the HS mail program (aside from the reasons already mentioned), even if you don't use it. Snappermail has a new BETA version out right now that is supposed to let you set MAIL alert sound and vibrate options. The SPRINT T600 is supposed to have a MAIL options selection in the Phone Preferences/Sound Application. But, you will not see the MAIL option (only PHONE/CALENDAR/SMS) unless you have the HS program installed. This is only true for the Sprint T600. Snappermail will be addressing this problem in the distant future, but for now, the fix from Snappermail has been or will be to map the mail alert sound to the SMS sound. By installing the HS application, you will not have to wait for if and when Snappermail chooses to fix this problem, since they feel the fault is from Sprint and not them. In a nutshell, the HS application restores the MAIL settings option that the new version of Snappermail needs. Snappermail was not aware that the Sprint T600 was lacking this.

Anyway, with the BETA version and the MAIL option, you can select any sound you want and select your vibrate options as well for Snappermail.

The BETA version is available by logging into your Snappermail account and downloading it from there.

Also, the new version allows proper navigation of the SD card with the 5 way navigator.

As far as features, one feature I specifically like on Snappermail is the "JUNK" feature. There are many mails that I do not want to delete off the server so I can download them again from my computer when I get home. If you see a mail you don't need to do that with, you can just "JUNK" it and on the next mail check, it will delete from the phone and the server. Basically, just be pressing "J" on the keyboard when looking at a mail, I can tell Snappermail to delete that specific message off the server. A nice feature with all the spam today I think...

Plus, let's not forget one button Send and Fetch...

Overall, I really like the added features that Snappermail does offer and I am not disappointed that I spent the money for it at all. However, had the phone come with the HS application or I had tried it before having to try/download Snappermail, I would have been perfectly happy with it as well.
    Well, now I'm gonna have to experiment. The above post was based on BETA 1.90. Now 1.91 is out which maps the MAIL sound to the SMS sound, so even though the HS application restores the missing function for Snappermail for 1.90, I don't think it will matter for 1.91 since it is mapped to the SMS sound.