Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Of course I have already purchased and installed the full version of Snapper Mail. I have been happy with it thus far. Is there any reason someone can tell me why I should download and use the mail program HS made available?

Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by caneguy; 11/21/2003 at 09:59 AM.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
    I don't believe there is a good reason. The two programs would simply duplicate services.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Here's a few of reasons that I can think of:

1) If you load HS Mail you will get to pick your alert in prefs. Of course, Snapper MAY have changed this with the recent beta that now uses SMS alert for sound.

2) HS Mail can load camera images that are saved to Treo 600. Snapper can load images saved to card.

3) HS Mail completes an email address after you type a few letters (after you have done it once), Snapper does not.

I'm sure there are move...
    I've been using the Snapper Mail trial and just downloaded the PalmOne mail bata. The PalmOne mail seems to have a better interface, but there are still some kinks, such as in my case not attaching files correctly. Might be good to use PalmOne mail as default, but keep Snapper around just in case.
    The latest Snappermail BETA which is supposed to be the final release lets you choose Snappermail alerts within the Snappermail application. It is no longer mapped to SMS, nor does it require the HS application be installed if you have a Sprint T600.

A great feature I like about Snappermail is the "JUNK" feature. Just by pressing "J" (for junk) on the keyboard, I can let Snappermail to delete that particular e-mail off the server so I don't have to download it again when I get home. Or, I can just press "T" to move it to the trash folder so that it does not delete off the server.

Snappermail can also be set to only fetch mail during certain hours. No need to have it fetching mail overnight while I'm sleeping and then making alert tones all night long. If you don't need your wireless connection on all night, it doesn't matter anyway, but I do.

Overall though, I think the HS application is fine though. I'm sure the bugs will be worked out soon enough. Although I like the above features, they're not a necessity. I prefer Snappermail, but had the HS application been available to me prior to trying and purchasing Snappermail, I would have been perfectly fine with it.
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 12/03/2003 at 08:55 AM.
    Originally posted by AirData
    Here's a few of reasons that I can think of:

1) If you load HS Mail you will get to pick your alert in prefs. Of course, Snapper MAY have changed this with the recent beta that now uses SMS alert for sound.

2) HS Mail can load camera images that are saved to Treo 600. Snapper can load images saved to card.

3) HS Mail completes an email address after you type a few letters (after you have done it once), Snapper does not.

I'm sure there are move...
    Could you please post and list how you configured your settings on HS Mail to use your own POP coming in and Sprint's SMTP going out and still listing your own ISP in the reply to?

I successfully did this in the past on my Treo 300 but now can't seem to get outgoing mail to work on my Treo 600 without getting the relays not allowed block, so I can't send out.

I suppose if your regular ISP allows any sends after getting an incoming POP check, it isn't a problem for you, but mine doesn't.

NateS
    I registered Snappermail to get the bundled apps. Also, Snappermail can download .prc and other files that exceed 100k. Nevertheless, HS Mail remains my default client for two reasons: I don't like Snapper's cartoonish interface (especially the fish logo), and the fact that I can actually see thumbnails of the pictures I attach.

To avoid POP complications I decided to use @sprintpcs.com for my personal email, and since our off-site webmaster refuses to filter work email at the server (with all sorts of excuses), there's no way I'm going to download 300-1200 spams a day on my phone.

I'm glad I have Snappermail where HS Mail doesn't cut it, but I prefer HS Mail for daily use.
    I'm new to Snappermail, so I would like to hear the experts' response on this also. Differences I have seen so far are:

1. Using Snappermail, I can see simple renderings of HTML emails. HS Mail just gives a link to follow to Blazer to get the HTML info.

2. Snappermail lets me delete messenges from the server. This should help avoid spam buildup when I am on the road.

3. Snappermail is easier for me to get around using the 5-way.

4. The snowflake alert works in HS Mail, not Snappermail.

5. Deleting files is easier with Snappermail. Just press "T" for trash or "J" for junk (which deletes from server).

6. HS Mail is free. Snappermail standard is $39.

What other big differences are there?

Is it true that HS Mail has a built-in limitation on email or attachment size that can't be overridden?
    Snappermail integrates with Documents To Go as well as QuickOffice. I don't know whether the HS app has this functionality.
    SnapperMail seems limited to 12 emails per download. HS downloads all.

Or is there something I can configure in SnapperMail to change that?
    How do I configure SnapperMail so pressing J removes the spam from my server? I've tried to do it and the spam is there when I check back.
    Originally posted by sftreo
    How do I configure SnapperMail so pressing J removes the spam from my server? I've tried to do it and the spam is there when I check back.
    Are you using the trial version? It does not work on that.
    Nope. I paid and I'm registered.

Would really love to delete on server from tero600...any help most appreciated.

Also would like assistance on my other question...any way to get more than twelve messages at a time from SnapperMail?
    Originally posted by sftreo
    Nope. I paid and I'm registered.

Would really love to delete on server from tero600...any help most appreciated.

Also would like assistance on my other question...any way to get more than twelve messages at a time from SnapperMail?
    Option . . . Edit Accounts . . . Select Account . . . Tap Edit . . . Tap Fetch . . . Select the number of messages you want from the second Fetch drop down list . . . Tap okay . . . Tap Done.

As far a J, it should just work. You do have to go through another "fetch" for it to actually be deleted. If you did, and it didn't, then it might be your server.

Email support@snappermail.com
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Thanks, Felipe...halfway there. At least now I'll get all my messages at once.

Still feel left out with a non-working J though. Let me know if you think of something else.
    Felipe, quick question:

Under "rules" it says "File messages into INBOX"...should i change that to JUNK?
    Will that do it?

Got to rush to work but will hope to get your answer asap.

Thanks again.
    uh. stupid question, but where can i get the free HS mail download? it's not preloaded is it? I couldn't find it.

thnx
    flix
    Has anyone been able to set up Snappermail or HS Mail to get theirJuno mail? If so what are the settings? Thanks in advance.
    I can't seem to find HS mail either... I feel like an *****, but it's just not in my apps, and google draws a blank, other than this forum.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by CoryTV
    I can't seem to find HS mail either... I feel like an *****, but it's just not in my apps, and google draws a blank, other than this forum.
    Here is the link to it on Handspring's site.

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...tProducts=4442
    Jeff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast