1.    #1  
    If you have an in your ear type stereo headphones for listening for MP3s and you receive an incoming call you don't actually have to disconnect the headphones to answer the call. You can talk into either headphone (left seems to work better) or talk without pulling them out of your ears! Sound travels through bones it seems. Just a personal discovery, not sure if this is known. Enjoy.
    lol you have to be under the influence
    Originally posted by Vigor
    If you have an in your ear type stereo headphones for listening for MP3s and you receive an incoming call you don't actually have to disconnect the headphones to answer the call. You can talk into either headphone (left seems to work better) or talk without pulling them out of your ears! Sound travels through bones it seems. Just a personal discovery, not sure if this is known. Enjoy.
    LOL, it may seem that way but what users on the other end are actually hearing is your voice being picked up by the mic on the phone.
    I have been using my stereo headphones recently while on calls. Its way better than my earpiece because you get to use both ears to listen to the call (though it seems not as loud, but the stereo sound makes up for it). Also, when I'm in a place where theres not much noise, i find that I can simply talk into the air while my phone is clipped to my belt, and the other person could hear me. Or i could just lift up the phone closer to my mouth whenever I have to say something (like a walkietalkie). I'm not sure whether they hear me better when i put the phone on speakerphone or not (while using the stereo headphones is seems that from different people i sound better clearer using speaker phone or not... How much is the mic amplified when the speakerphone is in use?). Pretty interesting. Might not have to invest $30 on a pair of Hands Free Stereo Headphones/Headset Mic combo. For now at least.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by derek985

LOL, it may seem that way but what users on the other end are actually hearing is your voice being picked up by the mic on the phone.
    Hey you are right! I assumed the mic on the phone is off when you have something inserted into headset plug. It isn't in case of a stereo adapter! I checked this by tapping on the phone's receiver while on call. Still my point remains you CAN have a conversation with stereo headphones attached.
    this absolutely works. I'm using the irock fm transmitter in the car and when I get a call, the stereo speakers act as BOTH speaker and mic. I love it! One push of a button to activate the Sprint voice command and I can just say the contact or number that I want to all and the stereo speakers pick it up and I have a total hands free system. VERY COOL
    Coops
    this absolutely works. I'm using the irock fm transmitter in the car and when I get a call, the stereo speakers act as BOTH speaker and mic. I love it! One push of a button to activate the Sprint voice command and I can just say the contact or number that I want to all and the stereo speakers pick it up and I have a total hands free system. VERY COOL
    Coops
    I'm using the iRock Beamit 400 as well. This thing is very cool - not only can you turn the car stereo into a "speakerphone", but you can actually talk and the system picks it up. No more using a headset!
    Originally posted by ksmith80209
    I'm using the iRock Beamit 400 as well. This thing is very cool - not only can you turn the car stereo into a "speakerphone", but you can actually talk and the system picks it up. No more using a headset!
    This is very appealing. Are you guys using Treo 600 with this set up? This beats a Bluetooth headset anytime, at least inside the car anyway. How's the quality of your voice from the other end?

I checked the price and it's only $30.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????