Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I received my Atari card yesterday. I was actually surprised to see it, given what I paid for it.

The sound doesn't work on mine either, but an even bigger issue with me is the objects on the screens are so small, I can barely see them and find the games to be pretty much unusable because of the tiny pictures. For example, the spaceship in Asteroids is not much bigger than a dot. The free games that came with the Treo, i.e., Zap, are far superior.

Is there some way to adjust the size so one can actually see the objects on the screen?

P.S. I have NOT been having a problem with the sound in other games like Zap.
    I be-otched about not receiving it and guess what? The freebie arrived today. Sorry I doubted them...my humblest of apologies.
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
    I know this is off topic but to answer a few questions above.

The version of Zap that came included had OS5 optimized sounds. You can tell because its more advanced than a simple beeping noise. PocketTunes is also an OS5 program. Games like Bejeweled and Dynomite by Astraware have OS5 optimized sounds and background music as well. However, Klondike, while being optimized for the 5-way pad, does not use any optimzed sounds. Note that this is also why for Bob's Alarm you must use either wave files on an SD card or MIDI files for a reliable alarm to go off. It is a bug in the Treo that has been known for a while now. In anything that doesn't use OS5 optimized/ MIDI sounds the sound disappears after a while and stays that way until a soft reset is performed. I actually did email Handspring about this, and never got an email back.

Here's the quote from the web page about Pocket Tunes.

"Requirements: PalmOS 5.0 or later"
    Last edited by jhoff80; 01/22/2004 at 11:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I have the Atari game as well. For whatever reason, I discovered that the sound DOES work with headphones. Thought I'd pass it along.
    Are you sayinig that Klondike has NO sounds at all? Do a soft reset and listen to the sound Klondike makes when you place a card on another card. But do it quick! It will only work for a few minutes. Then the sound will stop until your next soft reset...

Originally posted by jhoff80
    I know this is off topic but to answer a few questions above.

The version of Zap that came included had OS5 optimized sounds. You can tell because its more advanced than a simple beeping noise. PocketTunes is also an OS5 program. Games like Bejeweled and Dynomite by Astraware have OS5 optimized sounds and background music as well. However, Klondike, while being optimized for the 5-way pad, does not use any sounds. Note that this is also why for Bob's Alarm you must use either wave files on an SD card or MIDI files for a reliable alarm to go off. It is a bug in the Treo that has been known for a while now. I actually did email Handspring about this, and never got an email back.

Here's the quote from the web page about Pocket Tunes.

"Requirements: PalmOS 5.0 or later"
    Sorry. What I meant is that after a while that Klondike has no sounds and a soft reset needs to be performed to get them back. I'll fix that in the post above.
    Holycrap those are some small games...
    Still waiting for my free card... I had no problems completing the form and everything, so I assume it's on the way...

- Mike
    It looks like everyone is receiving them now. I got mine yesterday. Thanks MDM!
    Hey Ivy...How u doin...
    anyone found a way around the ARM issue and successfully gotten the Sega games to run?
    The Sega games card specifically said that it wouldn't run on the Treo 600 on its description page. It works just like the non-card Sega games in that (I'm assuming this is why) it looks for a high res screen. There is nothing you'll be able to do to get it to run. Your best bet would be to sell it on ebay and buy the Gizmo gamegear emulator if you want to be able to play Sonic.
    Okay, it's been over 2 months now since I sent in my rebate form. Of course I made copies of EVERYTHING, but there is no number listed on the rebate form to call them! Anybody got a phone number or a weblink to check on the rebate status of this thing?
    Anyone got any contact info regarding this rebate?
    Someone please!! Anybody who's already gotten there's have ANY info???
  16.    #36  
    Someone please!! Anybody who's already gotten there's have ANY info???
    Not sure what your talking about my friend. Theres no rebate with this item. You just had to register at the website and they sent you a free SD card if you were one of the first 5000.

Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12