Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yes, I can do those things, especially now that the software and server appear stable (stability and reliability first, features next...). I'm hoping to get most of this done next week.

Marc
    Weebit..

I uploaded a beta (1.0.4b) that has turn-offable separators... Easy to add...

Marc
    Thanks!

The line elimination option is great!

once you add these things..... for me...it will be the perfect program.

1) Notification.... when you use the program (either with volume or on silent, and you select vibrate.... it vibrates 3 sets of times for each incoming message.... could it be set to vibrate only once breifly?

2) In the line where the time stamp appears (if you have it selected) would it be possible to show the AIM screen name (like AIM does) for that contact: So that it would show (where the bold text usually is AIMSCREENNAME: Time rather than just being blank or the time. (four people mentioned to me that they missed that (it makes it much easier to cut and paste an IM into an email

Keep up the good work!
    I'm a little confused. When you say Chatter is "always on", if I have a GPRS account with CIngular, is this going to use alot of minutes when its checking for mail?
    Mike
    mbransum: No, that's not really what it means. There is no data used by simply having a connection open (i.e. "always on"). Data is used when you get a message, send a message, when somebody's online status changes (except in the background), and infrequently when Chatter ensures that the connection is still alive. Email is pushed to the Treo in Chatter. Chatter NEVER polls for messages of any sort.

Does that answer your question?

Marc
    marc: yes, thanks! I am awaiting my Treo next week and will definitely try your software.
    Mike
    Marc....

the new Beta with the option to show/hide the line... isn't posted.....

its the same older GA release file as .3
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Chatopus 1.02 is out.

Release Notes for v1.02
    Nov 27 2003

The following bugs are fixed,

Occasional connection problem with certain devices, including Treo 600.
    Auto screen-off functionality fails to perform with certain devices, including PalmOne Tungsten T3.
    To upgrade from a beta release, you must un-install Chatopus first.

If you are upgrading from version 1.0 or above, you may simply re-install this release by installing all the PRC files included.
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Originally posted by stareja

Chatopus is a Jabber client. In order to use it, you will have to have a jabber account on a gateway server that supports the protocol you which to chat on (AIM, MSN, etc).

I had the hardest time registering an account and, once it was registered, couldn't get the client to connect. It's possible that those problems have been corrected, but the whole process just seemed needlessly difficult.
    The account registering process may not be too easy for now. However, using Chatopus allows you to use any public Jabber server you like. One may also setup his/her own Jabber server with his/her own domain name.

Furthermore, once you have a Jabber acount, you may also use a Jabber client on your Desktop PC!

Enterprises users may even setup his own Jabber server within an intranet and quickly setup a private IM system.

BTW, Chatopus 1.02 is out which fixes occasional Treo 600 connection problems,http://www.chatopus.com/download/.
    Last edited by asiayeah; 11/30/2003 at 06:42 PM.
    It seems that Chatopus is not free.

This is their page http://www.chatopus.com/purchase/ that says:

Purchase Information
    Chatopus Registration - $14.95 (Promotion Offer until 31 Dec: $12.95)

After your purchase is completed, your registration information will be sent to you by e-mail in 1-2 business days.

To reduce piracy, when you buy one of our software, it is locked (registered) to a single handheld. Chatopus generates a unique registration ID for your device. To get Your registration ID, please run Chatopus and then click on the "Unregistered Button" or choose Options->Register in the pull-down menu.

Originally posted by asiayeah

The account registering process may not be too easy for now. However, using Chatopus allows you to use any public Jabber server you like. One may also setup his/her own Jabber server with his/her own domain name.

Furthermore, once you have a Jabber acount, you may also use a Jabber client on your Desktop PC!

Enterprises users may even setup his own Jabber server within an intranet and quickly setup a private IM system.

BTW, Chatopus 1.02 is out which fixes occasional Treo 600 connection problems,http://www.chatopus.com/download/.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123