Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    thats great, I get my Treo 600 tomorrow and I use Agendus. Have you tried it yet?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Just did a a BackupMan backup and now I am about to try it. I read a review of it @ pda247.com and it sounded kinda buggy, just playing it safe.
    Wow ... looks like they are gonna charge $9.95 for the upgrade from 6 to 7 ...
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    they always charge for major revision upgrades.
    I am using datebk5 currently, but want to try out Agendus. Are there any 'gotcha's' to switching between the two? Am I going to mess up my appointments?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I was actually thinking of switching to Datebook 5 when Agendus did not support T600 yet, and the only thing I can think of is the Icons. I use DesignsbyBert icons, and did not know if Designs by Bert Datebook5 Icons would match the previous #'s left over from Agendus.
    Originally posted by itsyvonne
    I am using datebk5 currently, but want to try out Agendus. Are there any 'gotcha's' to switching between the two? Am I going to mess up my appointments?
    No.

But I'm not so sure about their 5 way support in this beta...I really wouldn't call it much in terms of support...
    So - does Agendus work on T600? I am firing mine up this evening and just noticed this post...if beta version = yes, where is that download/

THANKS!!
    Charliec
    I'm trying the beta, and while it's certainly better than 6.14, the new version has a long way to go before they can claim true nav support.
    All you can really do with the 5-way is scroll from day to day and week to week - just like the up/down buttons did on the 300. Any major creations or modifications of tasks, contacts, etc still require either the fingernail (my preferred method) or stylus.
    I guess the nav is somewhat usable in the contacts area, but since the built-in phonebook/contacts area is so strong on the 600, I never use the contacts area of Agendus, except for looking up history and such.
    Anyway - not bad overall; I'll probably throw down the $10 just to have scroll support (as the bare minimum) but...nope, not real strong 5-way support on an overall basis.
    Originally posted by charliec
    So - does Agendus work on T600? I am firing mine up this evening and just noticed this post...if beta version = yes, where is that download/

THANKS!!
    http://support.iambic.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=61

But again, don't expect true 5-way support. Otherwise, it works just fine.
    Am I the only one that would like to have support for an Agendus alarm to vibrate when the ringer is switched off? I mention it in a couple of places in the iambic forum, but no one comments on wanting it too.

It doesn't work in the Beta, and there is no mention of it being a coming feature. So, I'm wondering if anyone else would like this feature supported? I figure that since Calendar supports it, that Agendus should as well.
    I've always loved Agendus even way back on the Action Names days, since it was "simpler" and more intuitive than Db5.

But the 5 way nav support is so much better in Datebk5 that I'm going to stick with it. As mentioned above, the nav support in the beta for Agendus consists solely of scroll forward/backward a page at a time. No other buttons can really be selected or executed via the nav button.

I remember when i first got my 600 and started reading these posts that all those people made about how they could never go back to the stylus once they'd gotten used to the nav button, and i thought "man, are those people inflexible!"

but now I am a total convert. it's true: once you learn to get really good at whipping out the 600 and finding the info you want with one hand, you'll really never want to get out that stylus again if you can help it. With Db5, there are still some functions that require more nav button pushes than I want it to, but with most other fuctions, I can get to where I want with only a few presses, esp once i've started to learn the app better. This simply is not true for Agendus right now. Also, I'm finding that it's been pretty challenging - but well, well worth it - to learn all the complexities of Db5. It's an amazing app, and if you take the time to learn all your options, you can pretty much get it to do anything you want. HTH.
    Installed it and love it, as I always have with Agendus. The monthly view is fixed. BUT, attempting to initialize the alarm for an appointment causes a soft reset or alarm does not get past keyguard. In other words the alarm is useless.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    So, alarms do not work on Agendus on T600? If yes, that is as much a negative impact as the scrolling issues...thks
    Charliec
    Originally posted by charliec
    So, alarms do not work on Agendus on T600? If yes, that is as much a negative impact as the scrolling issues...thks
    Alarms work fine, it's just when the ringer is switched off, an alarm doesn't cause the phone to vibrate. I got a response from iambic in their Agendus Beta forum, and they are looking into supporting vibrate for alarms.
    Alarms work fine,
    Not for me they dont. I set a test alarm to go off in 5 mins, hit the keylock button to turn the phone into standby ie screen off.

Then about 5-7 seconds later the phone performs a soft reset. This is the only time my 600 does this so it must be connected to the Agendus prog. I can recreate this reset 100% of the time. All my other software specifically states it is for the 6oo so I dont think its a third party software issue.

Im not particularly bothered because I use Bobs Alarms for my alarming needs. However this non-function would make me look elsewhere if I was considering a reliable alarm\schedule package...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Originally posted by thegasguru
    but now I am a total convert. it's true: once you learn to get really good at whipping out the 600 and finding the info you want with one hand, you'll really never want to get out that stylus again if you can help it. With Db5, there are still some functions that require more nav button pushes than I want it to, but with most other fuctions, I can get to where I want with only a few presses, esp once i've started to learn the app better. This simply is not true for Agendus right now. Also, I'm finding that it's been pretty challenging - but well, well worth it - to learn all the complexities of Db5. It's an amazing app, and if you take the time to learn all your options, you can pretty much get it to do anything you want. HTH. [/B]
    I'm with you Gasguru ... I was a total Agendus user but once I got my 600 I switched to a trial of DB5 just for the nav. support and I love it. I love all the features, especially being able to assign different colors and icons to each and every event. I want to learn how to use the linking with the contacts and I have had a little trouble with this ... the linking in Agendus with contacts was easier ... but I am sure I will figure it out.
    anyone know when agendus 7.0 for the treo 600 will be available for upgrade?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    hopefully they get the upgrade release out soon, because the demo code for the beta does not work. every morning I get the nag screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast