1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me? I have been trying to find Real as opposed to fake real time email. I don't care about the domain, I will switch email if I need to. But I work in the Deaf community and currently I corrospond via SMS which I have dealt with and like, but don't love. real time like Blackberry, Sidekick...

With Cingular my SMS is free but messages over 140 characters is split into multiple emails that show in backward on my 270 but haven't tried yet today on the three hour ago arrived 600. I must use a clunky 555-555-5555@mobile.mycingular.net address.

With my T-mobile I pay for SMS but anything over 140-160 is truncated really irratating. But the will let me use a cglaguna@tmomail.net. But that 140-160 depending on the length of the email address really unuseable.

To hold conversations I can't wait for every fifteen minute delivery or even five.

I have tried Treo Mail, Visto and called Notify. All are really not real time. All the ones listed on the handspring website are not real time.

I want the email to push directly to the Treo, does anyone know of an application?

I have a email account that will send a sms but for some reason using Visto the email isnot retrivable immediately after I receive notification.

Any ideas?
    It sounds to me like you want a messaging client like AIM, Verichat or Chatter and not email. They will give you realtime communications.

Otherwise what you really want is a POP3 server for your phone...and I'm not sure you going to find that
    ...ken
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    If your email host allows for IMAP email, Chatter will support true push email via IMAP. So this means that when a email message comes in the server would notify your treo immediatly. In addition Chatter supports Instant Messaging via ICQ, AIM, MSN and Y!. You might want to check it out...here is the URL:

http://www.imchatter.com/

Keith
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Palm One's Versa Mail client includes a background process that automatically checks for new emails. My clients use it on Kyocera 7135s and it works as well as Outlook on a Popserver. It is not Outlook with Exchange (True push email) however. There are at least two versions of VersaMail, the one that comes with a Palm One T3 and an older v2.5. I think either would work on the Treo 600, though I can't say for sure yet.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you to all who responded.

The one that looks like it would be the best answer is Chatter but does not currently support the 600 with GSM.

It appears to be indevelopment.

I have Verichat now, I like it, but does not help me with Individuals who do not have AIM
    One word answer: BLACKBERRY
    Hey CGLaguna, the new version of Chatter (1.03) just got posted to the www.IMChatter.com website. It says it supports both CDMA and GSM.

I think this is your best solution. I would give it a try.

I LOVE Chatter. It is awesome.

I haven't set up my Treo yet, but can't you set SnapperMail so that it checks the server regularly?

What's the lowest interval you can set it for?

You can see a preview on the pictures on this page:
    http://www.snappermail.com/palm/mail/
    I use snappermail in conjunction with treohelper. I have my email set to notify me of new emails via sms. then treohelper launches snappermail to retreive the message. this is as "real time" as you could get (besides IMAP). treohelper is free & VERY invaluable!
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by treoneo
    I use snappermail in conjunction with treohelper. I have my email set to notify me of new emails via sms. then treohelper launches snappermail to retreive the message. this is as "real time" as you could get (besides IMAP). treohelper is free & VERY invaluable!
    That would be the perfect solution as I already get a SMS notification from my email provider. I will look for Treohelper now
    Originally posted by cglaguna

That would be the perfect solution as I already get a SMS notification from my email provider. I will look for Treohelper now
    Yep, that's what I use and its a great (and FREE) solution if your email provider already has sms notifications. The only problem is that you have to manually acknowledge the sms every time unless you specify treohelper to delete it which you may not want to do...at least I don't want to do that. However, when potatoho eventually ports PBJTime, that shouldn't be a problem...

If you want push email w/IMAP support, the options I would recommend are IMchatter, GoodLink, Aileron, or NotifyLink. Imchatter seems like the best choice but may not have the level of attachment support as Goodlink. Do a search for Goodlink as there have been numerous threads/users of this. In addition AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, Basejet also has some push/desktop sync support, but I believe this also based on sms triggers.

Finally there are some really good intermittent polling solutions like versimail, snappermail, Visto MessageXpress, and 2bAnywhere that you may want to checkout...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Yep, that's what I use and its a great (and FREE) solution if your email provider already has sms notifications. The only problem is that you have to manually acknowledge the sms every time unless you specify treohelper to delete it which you may not want to do...at least I don't want to do that. However, when potatoho eventually ports PBJTime, that shouldn't be a problem...

If you want push email w/IMAP support, the options I would recommend are IMchatter, GoodLink, Aileron, or NotifyLink. Imchatter seems like the best choice but may not have the level of attachment support as Goodlink. Do a search for Goodlink as there have been numerous threads/users of this. In addition AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, Basejet also has some push/desktop sync support, but I believe this also based on sms triggers.

Finally there are some really good intermittent polling solutions like versimail, snappermail, Visto MessageXpress, and 2bAnywhere that you may want to checkout...
    Thanks for the recommendations. I am using Chatter and loving it. It is working great for my email needs. I hav a lifetime license on verichat which i like better for AIM but may switch when chatter is functioning like the creator wants it. I am happy with chatter.

BTW Visto was not a good solution. I have it and dont like it. When I get a sms notification that email has arrived, i check with visto and it is rarely there.

I have had more luck with that native email "Mail" program that came on the treo. But Chatter really has me impressed. (Email I am using Fastmail.us) $14.95 lifetime