1.    #1  
    May be a stupid question, but am thinking of getting a SD card to store MP3 files.

Do you need a separate MP3 reader to connect to computer to upload music files or can you just do it directly through the USB connector that comes with Treo 600.

Thanks
    Can do it directly....through the HotSync Application Install Tool. Only thing is that it takes forever....SD Reader/Writer would be much faster.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    And he's not kidding when he says forever.
    A 4 meg mp3 will take something ridiculous like 10 minutes to transfer with HotSync (I gave up and cancelled it a couple times before I realized it actually *was* transfering). It transfers at like 4KB/sec or something.

An SD card reader will move that same 4 meg file in about 5 seconds. Poof. Done.
    If you've got a laptop, the cheapest option is to pick up a PCMCIA SD adapter. Just plug it in and go.

ian
  4.    #4  
    Great thanks for the advice. BTW, sandisk has this rebate right now, with staples.

You get the 256 SD card with their USB reader and get $20 back.

At staples there is also a $15 off of $75.

So for both it comes to something like $56 b4 tax

http://fatwallet.com/forums/messagev...ord1=sd%20card
    I lost my SD reader so until I buy a new one my digital camera has turned into a very expensive SD reader. I just plug the cable into my USB and it opens a windows explorer window. It is a lot faster that HotSync and it works for now.
    <B>Ken Crandall</B>
    Another way to do this is to use PalmInstall which lets you "install" MP3's directly into your card. It's faster than using the Palm install tool, but slower than a card reader/writer. However it's a (free) software solution so no investment is required.
    Originally posted by dregar
    Another way to do this is to use PalmInstall which lets you "install" MP3's directly into your card. It's faster than using the Palm install tool, but slower than a card reader/writer. However it's a (free) software solution so no investment is required.
    Does this work for you? I tried this but it only does PRC and PDB files. It won't even display the MP3 files when I navigate to the folder.