Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I disassembled Activation.prc. And I think the following codes run activation application.

Activating ##MSL
    RTN ##786
    Activation
    Debug ##33284
    Loopback ##56672225
    Mobile ##7738
    Manual
    Akey
    PRI ##774
    Tethered ##83843733
    Data ##3282

I'm still finding other codes.
    And Tethered mode is very useful. TREO can works as wireless modem thru serial cable.
    Many of these codes are known, what is the use of the following...

Activating ##MSL or ##675 - What Does this one do ?

Loopback ##56672225 - Whats this one used for ?

Mobile ##7738 - Mobile Protocol Revision - Choose IS-95 or CDMA2000 - Is this for Verizon ?
    What is tethered mode? And is the ## code a toggle to go from tethered to nontethered?

Just curious
    I have found the following ##codes, if anyone is interested.. (use at your own risk - don't blame me if your phone is rendered inoperable, catches fire and kills you, or starts racking up large phone bills!)

633 = 'off' - turns off the radio
    7277633 = passoff - turns off passthrough
    8778 = 'up??' - toggle "software download"
    3424 = 'diag' - toggle "passthrough"
    3825 = 'dual' - ???
    727 = '???' - ???
    744 = 'sig' - signal strength (note: done button didn't seem to work)
    83843733 = 'teathered' = toggles teathered mode
    8766 = 'vp on' - "voice privacy enabled"
    87633 = 'vp off' - "voice privacy disabled"
    377 = err - show last crash cause
    88722366 = '88 traceon' - "trace enabled"
    887223633 = 88 traceoff' - "trace disabled"
    28722366 = '2 traceon' - "trace enabled"
    287223633 = '2 traceoff' - "trace disabled"
    798722366 = '79 traceon' - "trace enabled"
    7987223633 '79 traceoff' - "trace disabled"
    Here are the codes from GSMActivation from an Orange UK phone

(note that these codes use #* NOT ##)

#*727766
    #*633
    #*7277633
    #*727763
    #*8778
    #*3424
    #*744625
    #*83843733
    #*377
    #*889
    #*88722366
    #*887223633
    #*28722366
    #*287223633
    #*798722366
    #*7987223633

As to what they do well... experiment and be prepared to soft-reset...
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Originally posted by jwsh
    I have found the following ##codes, if anyone is interested.. (use at your own risk - don't blame me if your phone is rendered inoperable, catches fire and kills you, or starts racking up large phone bills!)

633 = 'off' - turns off the radio
    7277633 = passoff - turns off passthrough
    8778 = 'up??' - toggle "software download"
    3424 = 'diag' - toggle "passthrough"
    3825 = 'dual' - ???
    727 = '???' - ???
    744 = 'sig' - signal strength (note: done button didn't seem to work)
    8766 = 'vp on' - "voice privacy enabled"
    87633 = 'vp off' - "voice privacy disabled"
    377 = err - show last crash cause
    88722366 = '88 traceon' - "trace enabled"
    887223633 = 88 traceoff' - "trace disabled"
    28722366 = '2 traceon' - "trace enabled"
    287223633 = '2 traceoff' - "trace disabled"
    798722366 = '79 traceon' - "trace enabled"
    7987223633 '79 traceoff' - "trace disabled"
    I might be stating the obvious here but it seems as though 66 turns things off, and 633 turns things on. You have ##633 to turn radio off. When it is off, you can dial ##66 to turn it back on. Looks like same goes with teh rest of the commands, just with the prefixes.

--Al
    Can anybody explain what tethered mode is and what it means in practical terms with the Treo 600?
  8.    #8  
    Teathered Mode connects directly internal CDMA/GSM Radio module with HotSync Serial Interface.

It means, you can use TREO 600 as Wireless Modem.

And you can control TREO 600 Radio module directly, using AT command. As I know, this mode requres SERIAL CABLE. About AT Command, you can use general CDMA/GSM AT Command.
    Originally posted by mines
    ... As I know, this mode requres SERIAL CABLE.
    So won't work via USB? Possibly requires a special USB driver?

Hmm... haven't got a serial cable so may have a play around with this...
    I tried teathered mode. No luck. Course, I'm thinking about my sanyo 4900 which I just plugged into my laptop with a USB cable and 10.3 just recognized the phone, then I selected 'Sprint Vision' from the list of modem scripts then set PPP to dial #777.
    I am getting a bit frustrated with all the BS. I buy a $500 phone and I have to buy software for email, sms, wireless modem. This is crazy....I shouldn't have to pay for these things when they should be included in the phone. These features all exist in phones that cost a lot less.

So here is my new Sprint ***** list:
    1. freeeee Wireless modem
    2. free IMAP email...palm mail sucks...it lacks a lot.
    3. forwarding calls cost money!?...and they program the setting into the phone so you will mistake it for being free.
    4. battery on T600 is lacking endurance
    5. Still can't figure out getting emails in picture mail share unless I type them out.

It just seems like the more money I give Sprint for fucntionality (U/L Vision) I end up having to spend double that in software that should have come with the phone.
    All noobs click here
    Teathered Mode connects directly internal CDMA/GSM Radio module with HotSync Serial Interface.

It means, you can use TREO 600 as Wireless Modem.

And you can control TREO 600 Radio module directly, using AT command. As I know, this mode requres SERIAL CABLE. About AT Command, you can use general CDMA/GSM AT Command.
    If you connect your laptop to your Treo 600 with a serial cable and punch in ##83843733 is there anything else you have to do to use it as a wireless modem?

I found this website about using AT commands with a different phone and wonder what other steps are needed (if any) for the Treo 600. http://navasgrp.home.att.net/tech/sch-8500/#Commands

I assume this is how apps like WirelessModem http://www.notifymail.com/palm/wmode...shtml#purchase and PdaNet http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php work?
    bump
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    bump
    Though I haven't tried to use it, I'm pretty sure that:

A) it's not going to do what you want (ie be a replacement for wmodem)
    B) it requires a serial cable, not USB
  14.    #14  
    Using the serial cable for TREO 270/300 (at ebay about 10$), you can use TREO 600 as Wireless modem.

The driver or AT command, you can uses general CDMA modem profile. (Search kyocera or sierra wireless cdma modem reference).
    So, did anyone ever get this to work on a Windows XP box?
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    I am getting a bit frustrated with all the BS. I buy a $500 phone and I have to buy software for email, sms, wireless modem. This is crazy....I shouldn't have to pay for these things when they should be included in the phone. These features all exist in phones that cost a lot less.
    Oh please! I'll give you the first one...Sprint shouldn't have removed the HS email client from the phone. However, the rest of your complaints are just silly. Everyone knows Sprint's MO-SMS isn't rolled out yet, but when it does, it will be free for Treo600 early adopters. Thus you didn't have to buy Treo600SMS to eventually get this functionality (which btw you never had on your Sanyo 4900 anyway ) If you need to send sms right now, use anyone of the numerous web portals or free app like Text messenger. Finally, why do you expect Sprint to bundle wireless modem software when it is AGAINST THE TOS to begin with! Sheesh...just be glad Sprint hasn't canceled your account for doing this in the 1st place...

Using the serial cable for TREO 270/300 (at ebay about 10$), you can use TREO 600 as Wireless modem.

The driver or AT command, you can uses general CDMA modem profile. (Search kyocera or sierra wireless cdma modem reference).
    Mines, could you please go into a little more detail on how you did this? So you're you're using the Kyocera CDMA modem profile via tethered mode and serial cable to use the Treo600 as modem w/o any third party software?! I would be very interested if someone else could also confirm this...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/30/2003 at 10:09 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I can confirm that you can connect to the Treo in tethered mode, and that it responds to AT commands, but so far I have not gotten connected with my laptop using it as a modem.
    Haven't tried these myself yet, but a quick search shows some software for USB -> Serial drivers if you only have the USB cable for the Treo600. No idea if these would work, but it may be worth checking out.

USB Serial Adapter Cab (software downloads):
    http://www.usbgear.com/downloads.html

USB-to-Serial converter:
    http://www.floridaprobe.com/usb_install.htm

Use at your own risk of course, I haven't tried these but if someone does I would be curious to see how they make out.

I can get the phone connected in Linux just fine, but the connection dies out after 1-2 minutes.
    I know the point of this thread is to use your T600 as a wireless modem without buying software.

With that said, let me just say that our time is all valuable and PDANet600 is an AWESOME piece of software that allows you to use your Treo600 as a wireless modem via the usb port - so you can use a simple sync/trickle charge combo cable to access the net from your laptop using your T600. My download speeds vary between 40K-110K. Very reasonable.

So, unless you're just doing this for fun, I would highly recommend tyring the PDANet600 software: http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/

It is awesome.

You can also find plenty of threads here at TreoCentral on this software if you want another opinion or support.

Just my two cents worth. Now back to descrambling the phone codes!

Keith
    The goal is to find a way to get the operating system to recognize the phone as a null, serial modem operating through a USB connection. This is quite easy on Linux, and some (myself included) have documented how to carry this over to OS X (thanks to the BSD underpinnings in OS X).

Windows is a different beast entirely. First you have to get the USB driver to relay a serial connection. Then you have to make a modem profile/driver that will tap the driver you just made so that Windows will see it as a modem. This is where you can get irate at Handspring for not releasing such a driver, which they do have, I'm sure (heck, even Hitachi released one for their G1000 PDA/Phone combo)...
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast