Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    I'm a licensed user of WirelessModem, but I'm trying to get this to work with no additional software.

    I have windows XP, a serial cable, and a t600. I put it in tethered mode and I'm able to send AT command. Last night, I used hyperterminal to connect and dial #777. If I could get a simple modem configuration, I should be able to do that and get my laptop connected.

    I expect greater throughput once I've done this without a piece of software running on the treo emulating a modem and handing off byte by byte.
  2. #22  
    okay, so #*744625 gives a measure of signal strengh but it is not in the conventional dB...and also gives not indication of frequency. Anybody know of any 3rd party apps or other commands that gives dB and frequency?
  3. #23  
    I am trying to connect to my treo600 (while in tethered mode) and using a serial cable attatched to com1 and hyperterminal.

    But I cant get the treo to respond to at commands.

    Can someone tell me what the settings should be inside hyperterminal to get this working?

    I tried creating a new connection, choosing COM1 as the port, tried different com speed setting etc. It doesnt respond.

    Any idea? Anything that needs to be changed in the port settings?
  4. #24  
    Am I understanding things correctly?

    When you set up Wireless Modem and configure the modem to dial up the instructions are to enter 777. Is this the code to activate the Sprint service?

    I am using Orange UK GSM and have GPRS enabled. I need to activate the GPRS on my Treo and it appears that 777 does not do this. Is there a code which is specific to the Orange version of the phone?

    Or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

    Thanks

    Paul
  5. #25  
    Anyone know what voice privacy does exactly?
  6. #26  
    Originally posted by paulpenny
    When you set up Wireless Modem and configure the modem to dial up the instructions are to enter 777. Is this the code to activate the Sprint service?

    I am using Orange UK GSM and have GPRS enabled. I need to activate the GPRS on my Treo and it appears that 777 does not do this. Is there a code which is specific to the Orange version of the phone?
    Based on what PDANet shows, I believe all the GSM/GPRS services use 777 or whatever for their data connections, while Sprint uses *WEB.

    - Mike
  7. #27  
    I have been a long time reader of this forum but have never had anything worth posting, this is my first. I have found an enormous amount of usefull information in the Treo discussion, many thanks to all for the help me in the past (and furture for that matter!).

    I have been using both my Treo 300 (R.I.P) and new Treo 600 with a Mac TiBook and OSX as a wirless modem since OSX.2 first hit the market (Now at 10.3.2). I have had absolutely no problem at all since I purchased and installed WirelessModem. You will need the Sprint PCS Vision modem script as well. The great thing about this is with my plan my wirless connection is considered normal minutes, no surcharge.

    My connection speeds vary widely (I fly 230+ segments a year so I get a wide range of system experience) but on average I get 13-18k/sec. About 3X dail-up and quite usable.

    I have noticed that in order to connect you must do things in the right order. First you must connect your USB Sync Cable before you launch Wireless Modem on your Mac. Next launch Wireless modem on your Treo and then open a connection on your Mac. I created a location under Network Prefs called "PCS Vision"

    If anyone would like further details or needs the Sprint PCS Vision modem script, drop me a note.

    Regards,

    Will
  8. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #28  
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    Anyone know what voice privacy does exactly?
    Bump.

    Anyone?
  9. #29  
    Anyone know the codes for Treo 600/T-Mobile?

    I have tried the codes using one #, but nothing happens. I get a "network could not complete" message.

    Thanks for any help. I have ask gfunk for help again in another thread.

    Robert in Ausitn, Tx, USA
  10. #30  
    The #*744625 code works for me on T-Mobile in Round Rock. I don't know how to interpret the results but at least it works.
  11. #31  
    Interesting. After entering the #*744625 command and before closing the results window, I pressed the power off button and got this;
    Your system is currently running a ## command.... Note that it didn't say I was running a #* command.
  12. #32  
    Would someone kindly refresh my memory as to what the ## code to find out the total min use and if it's a refurbed? TIA
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
  13. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_j
    Would someone kindly refresh my memory as to what the ## code to find out the total min use and if it's a refurbed? TIA
    ##786
  14. #34  
    not sure if this was posted already but here are the instructions for using the treo as a modem for mac os 10.2
    http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...howpage&pid=41
    working fine for me. good luck.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteWill
    I have been a long time reader of this forum but have never had anything worth posting, this is my first. I have found an enormous amount of usefull information in the Treo discussion, many thanks to all for the help me in the past (and furture for that matter!).

    I have been using both my Treo 300 (R.I.P) and new Treo 600 with a Mac TiBook and OSX as a wirless modem since OSX.2 first hit the market (Now at 10.3.2). I have had absolutely no problem at all since I purchased and installed WirelessModem. You will need the Sprint PCS Vision modem script as well. The great thing about this is with my plan my wirless connection is considered normal minutes, no surcharge.

    My connection speeds vary widely (I fly 230+ segments a year so I get a wide range of system experience) but on average I get 13-18k/sec. About 3X dail-up and quite usable.

    I have noticed that in order to connect you must do things in the right order. First you must connect your USB Sync Cable before you launch Wireless Modem on your Mac. Next launch Wireless modem on your Treo and then open a connection on your Mac. I created a location under Network Prefs called "PCS Vision"

    If anyone would like further details or needs the Sprint PCS Vision modem script, drop me a note.

    Regards,

    Will
  16. #36  
    Will,

    Tried to follow your instructions, do you have greater details of you set-up, it just does not work on my Mac (OSX 10.34) treo 600 with wirelessmodem.
  17. #37  
    To display the IMEI number (on my T-Mobile phone at least)
    *#06#
  18. #38  
    I'm all hooked up with a 600 GSM unlocked and got the T-Mobile Mobile service/internet- Like T-Zones
    I know everyone is saying change the port settings but I can't find them.

    This is what I have
    Go to Preferences
    It shows Service- (I can set to any of the following- none have worked)
    a T-Zones (that is what I'm trying mostly)
    b T-Mobile Internet (that is the $20/month)
    c T- Mobile VPN (Don't know)
    All three are locked and I can't modify
    Tell me where to start???

    Thanks a lot, I love the site
    Matt
  19. #39  
    Wow way to wake up a year old thread with a totally off-topic post.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Wow way to wake up a year old thread with a totally off-topic post.
    Like an ***** I replied when I wanted to start a new thread.
    My Bad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions