1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a Nokia 3650 and just ordered a Treo 600. I know that 3650's reception is one of the best and was wondering how does Treo 600's reception compare with something like a 3650. Treo has an external antenna so that should help too.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by zgraff; 11/20/2003 at 04:25 PM.
    i use the sprint version of the t600 not a gsm model... i'm not sure which model you were asking about- since u said nokia i'm guessing it's the gsm one. anyway i've had mine for about a week now and even when i only have one or two bars my calls are still pretty clear.

good luck.
    Originally posted by zgraff
    I have a Nokia 3650 and just ordered a Treo 600. I know that 3650's reception is one of the best and was wondering how does Treo 600's reception compare with something like a 3650. Treo has an external antennae so that should help too.
    I also have a Nokia 3650. Signal is marginal here, actually wish I had gotten a 3600. My Cingular GSM Treo 600 is "due" to be shipped, though I'm still waiting. I'll let you know how the reception compares.
  4.    #4  
    My question is about the GSM model.

Thanks potatoho! Will wait for your reception review .
    I am not a 3650 user, but I have experience with other phones. My room is a marginal area for T-Mobile. In general it is spotty. My P280 usally has service, while my T616 does not. Heres a list in terms of phones I have had and there performance on GSM 1900.

I cant comment on the 850 band very well because I only can use my Cingular SIM in my Treo 600, S56 and 3595.

From best to worst
    1. Siemens S56
    2. Treo 600
    3. Motorola P280
    4. Nokia 3595
    5. Panasonic GU87
    6. Motorola Mpx200
    7. Sony Ericsson T616

I would say the RF on the Treo is VERY good. Its ability to hold onto a signal during a call is very good. Also it is quick to rebound back into service, and is also good with maintaing a usable GPRS connection. I would say the "bars", as always are a horrible way to gauge a phones RF. In the real world sense I have been very pleased. Im sure the large antena helps. Also it may be of interest that when sitting on a cradle or attched to a cable the reception increases quite a bit. This is probably because the cable becomes an extension of an antenna for the phone. This is very nice if you place your Treo on a cradle at home.

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    I don't have any hard numbers yet.. I just got my Cingular GSM Treo 600 an hour ago. But I'd say the reception is not quite as good as my Nokia 3650. It's also quite a bit slower to acquire signal when I move into a good area.

The main problem I have now, is that T-Mobile doesn't have GSM roaming agreements with Cingular nor AT&T here. I can see their networks in the list at all times even when the T-Mobile is nowhere to be found, but it will not connect with them.

Looks like I will have to switch to Cingular. How frustrating is that, to have 850MHz towers and not be able to use them.
    (currently on my gsm 600) I have driven all around today.. over 100 miles, and the reception is waaay better than me 270. I haven't dropped a single call (where I normally do) and had 3 bars of service where I usually had none. I am really surprised how much better it is.