1.    #1  
    Basejet software looks fantastic. I downloaded the beta and am having trouble fine-tuning the push functionality. Sure could use some feedback from those who have it working smoothly.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I've been using this software since 8/02. It's the best corporate solution out there (IMHO). What problem areyou having specifically ? You can always send an e-mail to support@basejet.com as well.
    I just installed it last night, and it pushes fine (given I have signal on my phone for it to sync). You have to have a valid SMTP setting ON THE COMPUTER AT HOME, AND ACCESSIBLE FROM YOUR ISP to send the SMS. Else it won't work. That's the experience I had.
    I have not ben using the push functionality, but have been a satisfied user since July 02. The GUI is clean and simple. I just wish I had discovered Basejet before I wasted $$$ on TreoMail when it first came out.
    I tried Basejet and really liked the interface a lot and the ability to access sub folders. They also seem to be on the ball with Support. However I missed the ability to access corporate contacts and documents like you can with the Seven software. Attachment support isn't all that great on either at this point (IMHO) because they convert to plain text and do not allow viewing in Docs2Go or QuickOffice. Nor can you add an attachment to an outgoing email. I suspect both companies have plans for adding the above features at some point.
    Cory J wrote:
    Nor can you add an attachment to an outgoing email.
    Actually, you can do this with Sprint BizConn (I assume that's what you meant by SEVEN software). To do this, just start composing an email, click on the attachment icon (paperclip), and it lets you add any file from your desktop. One of my favorite features!!
  7. crp
    I want Basejet to work for me. I had a demo license from my Treo 300 that I've updated (the expiration date) for my 600.

Unfortunately, I get stuck trying to setup Basejet on my corporate laptop.

I can successfully complete the Launcher install, but when I go to enter my email, password & license in Launcher, I get:

"Your email account or license information is invalid, please register for an evaluation license or purchase a license below."

Interestingly, after I close that message box, Launcher appears and is the yellow (connected) rocket icon.

Then, if I launch Basejet on the Treo, and try to sync, I get

"0.0024 The Basejet username and/or license are invalid. Please correct & try again."

And then, just for good measure, I get a soft reset.

I've posted this to the basejet user forum, but no resolution yet.

In the meantime, I'm using MessageXpress, which works well. But it doesn't do attachments.

crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
  8. crp
    I want Basejet to work for me. I had a demo license from my Treo 300 that I've updated (the expiration date) for my 600.

Unfortunately, I get stuck trying to setup Basejet on my corporate laptop. I can successfully complete the Launcher install, but when I go to enter my email, password & license in Launcher, I get:

"Your email account or license information is invalid, please register for an evaluation license or purchase a license below."

Interestingly, after I close that message box, Launcher appears and is the yellow (connected) rocket icon. Then, if I launch Basejet on the Treo, and try to sync, I get

"0x0024 The Basejet username and/or license are invalid. Please correct & try again."

And then, just for good measure, Basejet causes a soft reset. I've posted this to the basejet user forum, but no resolution yet.
    https://secure.basejet.com/support.nsf/all

Basejet support tells me that the password has to match on the PC & the Handheld. Unfortunately, I can't access the password field on either to change it: whenever I try to change it, the "Your email account or license information is invalid ..." error pops up before the field entry box does.
    In the meantime, I'm using MessageXpress, which works well. But it doesn't do attachments.

crp
    Originally posted by lakeside
    Cory J wrote: Actually, you can do this with Sprint BizConn (I assume that's what you meant by SEVEN software). To do this, just start composing an email, click on the attachment icon (paperclip), and it lets you add any file from your desktop. One of my favorite features!!
    Sorry.. I meant to say you couldn't attach docs that were on your Palm. For example a document you've edited with Docs2Go or QuickOffice and want to email the changes to a client or co worker.
    I checked Basejet out. When they have download filters and fully support the 5-way I will check it out again.

One thing that would be nice - being able to 5-way to delete messages without reading them a'la BC.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Can somebody clarify the pricing on Basejet?

From their website it says Basejet +1 year message forwarding service (waived first year) AND
    Basejet +2 year message forwarding service (waived first year).

I would interpret these as 2 and 3 years of service, but their pricing just doesn't seem right then.
  12. crp
    Esperantisto:

As far as I can tell, you can still demo Basejet for free.

Also, as an update to my post above, Gilad Ben-Yoseph sent me a new license key and I was successfully able to download and install the latest version of Basejet on my corp laptop & it is now forwarding my emails.

Also, the attachments are forwarded and I can view them, as advertisted.

I'm quite happy now.

crp
    Originally posted by esperantisto
    Can somebody clarify the pricing on Basejet?

From their website it says Basejet +1 year message forwarding service (waived first year) AND
    Basejet +2 year message forwarding service (waived first year).

I would interpret these as 2 and 3 years of service, but their pricing just doesn't seem right then.
    I read that as 1 and 2 years. Basejet (software) +X year message forwarding service.
    But my point is that they specifically say that they "waive the first year"!!!
    Does anyone know if basejet can talk to an ssl imap server that uses a local cert, i.e. not one that is signed by one of the major cert providers?
    But how do you get Basejet to be registered as the default messaging app in PalmOS?
    It's comming up on two days trying to get Basjet to work right. Tech Support is non-exsistant.

My Exchange mail at work works great, but can't get it to work with any of my pop3 mail accounts.

Sprint BizComm and snapperfish work great, but Basejet won't.

Posted tech support request on their web site. Hours go by with no response. So far I'm two days into what would have been the first 20 seconds of a phone call with a "real" tech support group.

Called the office and asked for a call back yesterday, nothing.

Do they give extensions on trial period because their support so bad?????????????????????????

J.D.