Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    The Chatter Server Status page has been updated to allow for over the air downloads of Chatter and BETA versions of Chatter. If you are an existing Chatter user (not first time user) just point Blazer to the following address and follow the instructions when a new version comes out!!!

http://www.imchatter.com/serverstatus.shtml

Keith
    why is it a new user can't do a new install this way???
    there are several programs that are needed for a new install of chatter. the upgrade just refreshes the main prc file.
    ok... three files I believe. why can they not be made available? individually or as a palm install package (as was the mail prog that was hacked out of the gsm ver)?

I am sitting in an airport with hours to killl..... oh I wish it were over the air installable
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    As someone pointed out there are three total files that Chatter needs to install to get up and running, BUT there is also the procedure of emailing Marc to set up a new Chatter account and also getting users the manual (which point out many of the features that Chatter has that new user's might not know about and also answers questions that Marc would have to field otherwise). That is why First-time users are instructed to download the ".zip" package.

Keith
    Do you have Snappermail? It includes HandZipper that will let you download zip files. I wonder if you can then unzip and install the files.

You need to get a username and password registered on the Chatter server for it all to work though. That means an email to chatsw@mailcan.com with some important info and a wait for the info to get put on the server.

P.S. If you have trouble, fed-ex me your 600 and I'll try it here ... I'm getting a tad impatient waiting for my tmo gsm treo 600
    You can indeed download the .zip over the air with Blazer and HandZipper and install. However, it is much easier to upgrade with only the PRC.