Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I know there were numerous threads on this issue and it sounds like a software/hardware issue with the T600. Basically no matter how much you spend on headphone/earphones, the phone portion of the earphone jack on the bottom of the treo has distorted or muffled like sound.

I too have found headset sound quality to be terrible.

I called Sprint support expecting them to say that tons of people (including the people who wrote 100's of messages on TreoCentral) have reported the issue and it is either fixed or under investigation.

The reality is they claim they show me as the first person to ever complain.

Not sure what is going on, but if each and everyone one of you who think the sound quality out of the earphone jack is poor can call and complain, perhaps we can get them to do something. If we don't this will never get fixed.

Thanks
    Mark F Chinsky
    My experience: I have a Plantronics over the head style headset with a small boom mike that I use on my wired home office phone. I occassionally now plug that headset into my T600 and it works great. I can hear the other person clearly and no one has commented that they have any difficulty hearing me. I have not tried the little earbud that came with the T600 yet. I suppose I may try it in the car at some point.

So bottom line is that a decent headset works just fine on my Treo - which is a rev c if that matters. So it may be your phone or a poor earbut that is the culprit.
    So bottom line is that a decent headset works just fine on my Treo - which is a rev c if that matters. So it may be your phone or a poor earbut that is the culprit.
    I think we should utilize the power of the group and all complain to Sprint. I complained as the general sound quality of the phone is unacceptable on a $600 unit.

Relegating a valid and widely experienced complaint to the realms of "well, mine works fine, try another earbud" only goes onto validate Sprints\Handspring release of an unfinished\tested item. This is a widely reported issue. Please report it to Sprint to force some kind of update if possible.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!