Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Looks like it was delayed until next year... check out the following link.

http://palmtops.about.com/b/a/2003_11_25.htm
    Scott
    They're suppose to be setting up more hotspot around here (I live in London) - but from what I have read, there don't seem to be a hell of a lot around at the moment. I have been trying out GPRS, and so far I am impressed with the speed and reliability, you can literally surf anywhere - like today on the train.

But it's not a one is better than the other. It depends what your needs are.

I also read that WiFi SD cards are WAY delayed for Palm. I don't think you'll see them by Christmas. You'll have to go Pocket PC for that!
    The reason I want WiFi on my treo is so I can use it as a 'modem' for my Axim or notebook when I need to view websites on a larger screen.

Does anyone know if this would be possible?

I know people do this with bluetooth, but..

Thanks

Seth
    Originally posted by helloseth
    The reason I want WiFi on my treo is so I can use it as a 'modem' for my Axim or notebook when I need to view websites on a larger screen.

Does anyone know if this would be possible?

Seth
    WiFi will not let you use the phone as a modem. These boards contain prior postings about a software solution using your USB cable to connect the Treo to your laptop as a modem.

WiFi, if there were a card available for the Treo, would assumably allow you to connect to WiFi networks through an access point, and access the internet at a higher speed that you would be able to do with a GPRS connection.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
    BargainPDA has some more information regarding the delay of SD Wi-Fi Card Drivers for the Palm OS. Read it here:

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.as...wComments=true
    The way I read the bargainpda article, Sandisk is saying that for the Treo 600 there is a hardware incompatibility which only a redesign will address. If true, write off the current Sandisk WiFi card for current 600 owners.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12