1.    #1  
    Hi,

I recently purchased a Bellagio case for my Treo 600. The model is the “Handspring Treo 600 Cell Phone Type Case.”

I am experiencing the following problem: the case does not seem to fit properly at the bottom. Specifically, the case appears too big for the Treo 600, even when the Treo is pushed very firmly down into the case, and the enclosure is snapped shut. I have included a link to pictures to demonstrate this problem.

I have emailed Ballagio about this problem. I will let you know how it goes. Does anybody else have this problem? Thanks!

DoctorTreo

PICTURE LINK:
    http://hometown.aol.com/doctorgoldbe...age/photo.html
    Wow, how horrible. I would promptly return it.
    Oh I see that you purchased the short (compact) model Treo.

Definetly return it!
    I didnt have this problem BUT
    I shipped mine back, first there are 2 holes in the back of the case, which you think would match up to the camera BUT nope , so the camera is covered (no big deal) but you have two holes in the back for nothing. Also I bought the flap style so I could carry a few credit cards and money so i wouldnt need my wallet. Well that doesnt work, it was so tight space that after 1 hour of trying to make the leather softer the card still almost never fit. Good luck pulling them out after forcing them in. Also, I put a DL and 2 credit cards in the pocket and almost couldnt shut the flap, matter of fact it was so tight it keep turning on my keyboard i guess since i was hitting buttons with the flap while trying to close it.
    Well the holes DO have a purpose, one is for the speaker, the other is for the reset hole. The case does add a bit of bulk, but at least on the CDMA version with its ear bump it makes it more comfortable to talk on, and a LOT less slippery when you hold it.

The tab on the cellphone style case is a wierd design, if you turn the phone on its clip mount it pops open the case tab, and thats just BEGGING for a lost SD card.

The Flip style is awkward when your talking on the phone, since the hinge is so stiff it slaps you in the back of the head if you dont get a firm grip on it. The magnetic closure is on the back of the case so if it pops open when your wearing it, you have to unclip the phone to reclose the case, BLAH.

Im not really comfortable with the fit of either case. Both have gaps at the bottom of the phone near the keyboard, and I dont want my 600 dollar phone taking a swan dive off my belt.

I have yet to decide if im going to keep mine.
    Just got the Bellagio Cell-Phone style case today. I had to wait a long time to get it, but I think it's great. The fit is fine. The leather seems to be of good quality and it's all stitched. The screen and the keyboard are completely open, which is what I wanted. Since there's no plastic screen cover, they built in a rigid frame to surround the screen so the leather won't peel back at the edges. The leather adds a little bulk to the phone, but no more than I expected -- if it was any thinner it wouldn't offer much protection for the phone. Good access to all ports. The belt clip seems easy and secure.

I've never bought a cellphone case before, so maybe I don't have a very keen eye for these things. I always just pocketed my other phones and I used a Seidio plastic holster for my T300.

I actually wish the Treo600 had a little flip-down lid just to cover the keyboard, similar to an old Ericson (T100?) phone I used to have. But barring any kind of full cover, there's just no perfect solution for protecting a "candy-bar" style phone.
    I received my combo Bellagio case package last week.

Both cases fit just fine. However, while the open faced case is decent and functional, the "flap" case is quite a disappointment. If you have any thought of actually using your Treo as a phone do not think about using this case.
    Originally posted by mikegold
    I received my combo Bellagio case package last week.

Both cases fit just fine. However, while the open faced case is decent and functional, the "flap" case is quite a disappointment. If you have any thought of actually using your Treo as a phone do not think about using this case.
    I agree. My comments on both cases:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...312#post284312
    what are you all talking about. the fip is great. sure you have to work it in a bit to fit your dl and credit card but any leather-anything SHOULD be tight.
    I use the flap as a holding strap when you conmpletly reverse it and snap it in backwards. this also serves as a cheepy stand.
    the rest and speaker holes in the back match perfectly. And the way its designed gives great grip AND protection. One trick I found is that you can take the wire screen protector and squeeze it in to maintain snugness as the lether loosen.
    But all-n-all it's personal choice. At least it's better than Egriip
    I've just received my Bellagio cellphone (not the flip one) case and I have a problem of the belt clip clashing with the flap when the case is hanging horizontally from my belt. It looks like the stud should have been placed a little lower so it can swing freely. Does anyone else have that problem??

Otherwise I am well satidfied with my purchase, I especially like the rolled leather screen surround.

Gabriel
    Originally posted by Doctor Treo
    Hi,

I recently purchased a Bellagio case for my Treo 600. The model is the “Handspring Treo 600 Cell Phone Type Case.”

I am experiencing the following problem: the case does not seem to fit properly at the bottom. Specifically, the case appears too big for the Treo 600, even when the Treo is pushed very firmly down into the case, and the enclosure is snapped shut. I have included a link to pictures to demonstrate this problem.

I have emailed Ballagio about this problem. I will let you know how it goes. Does anybody else have this problem? Thanks!

DoctorTreo

PICTURE LINK:
    http://hometown.aol.com/doctorgoldbe...age/photo.html
    I think mine definitely fits a bit better at the bottom. The one thing I don't like is that the piece leather going across the bottom isn't flush with the phone. The corners are snug though, which looks to not be the case in the pictures you've provided. My only other gripe is that the hole for the power button doesn't lineup as well as I'd like. Mine also doesn't swivel because of the flap hitting the clip, but that's not an issue for me.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    My Bellagio Treo 600 case arrived today. I didn't care for the magnetic metal snap, so I popped both the male and female snaps out and replaced them with velcro. The snaps come out easily without damaging the case. A big improvement!

--Bill
    Originally posted by badler
    My Bellagio Treo 600 case arrived today. I didn't care for the magnetic metal snap, so I popped both the male and female snaps out and replaced them with velcro. The snaps come out easily without damaging the case. A big improvement!

--Bill
    Hi, That sounds like a good idea, but I thought the magnetic snaps would have a backing plate sewn into the leather. So when you removed them was there anything left behind?

Cheers
    Gabriel
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Jumbawamba
    Hi, That sounds like a good idea, but I thought the magnetic snaps would have a backing plate sewn into the leather. So when you removed them was there anything left behind?

Cheers
    Gabriel
    There's a small piece of metal that remains after you pop out the magnetic snap on the main part of the case (not on the flap.) The remaining metal is not magnetic.

I covered that with a circular piece of Velcro so none of the metal shows -- it looks like the Velcro was part of the original case.

I used a small screwdriver to pop out the two snaps. As long as you're reasonably gentle, you should be able to get the snaps out without doing any damage to the case at all.

--Bill