Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ordered 11/7 and it's now in "Awaiting Shipment". Anyone know how long it takes them to actually ship the product from this state? It would be bad if we have to wait for another week - after they've taken our money.
    I don't think they charge you until it ships. My order has been in "Awaiting Shipment" since last night. There are no charges on my CC from HS/P1
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Well my best case scenario (they ship the Treo today) did not happen. Leave it to Handspring to provide order status like Awaiting Shipment and then don't do anything with it. It has been over 24 hours and nothing more has changed.

I will cross my fingers and hope that they ship it tommorow so I can get it by Friday. I will be going out of town on Monday for the week and then I end up waiting even longer.

What a way to run a company.........
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    FWIW (prolly not much) the shipping ordering page has been updated

http://www.handspring.com/support/sp...ping_msg.jhtml
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I was at 'order received' yesterday and 'awaiting shipment' today WITH my credit card charged. I already had a Cingular plan so bypassed that process. My BIGGEST MISTAKE was not to have it shipped overnight. What an *****! Now I'm so anxious I just can't stand it. Ground shipping...UGH!
    You all must agree that this "delayed shipping" must be a very nice marketing ploy. Word gets around that there are so many requests for this new and wonderful device that "we just can't keep up with the demand (whine, whine)"!
    By the way...it's working!
    I sold my TREO 270 and am having withdrawals...BIG TIME! I am so dependant upon the apps and love every minute of it. I'll be so happy NOT to have a FLIP PHONE. The T600's best attribute (along with that slimmer width). Oh...poor me...where's my TREO??? I think I'll join P.W.D. tomorrow and go to a group meeting (People Without Devices)!
    Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up.....
    The "Invoice" section of my order has been DOWNGRADED from "Awaiting Shipment" to "Order Received."

WTF???

And I ordered on 11/03!!!

WHAT IS THIS COMPANY DOING???
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Ernie
    The "Invoice" section of my order has been DOWNGRADED from "Awaiting Shipment" to "Order Received."

WTF???

And I ordered on 11/03!!!

WHAT IS THIS COMPANY DOING???
    Hey Ernie,

Was your credit card charged yet? Did you look at the top of the invoice page? Mine states "Awaiting Shipment" even though it still displays "order received" next to the 'amount" fields. My credit card has been charged. I wouldn't give up hope yet....
    Originally posted by teiwaz
    FWIW (prolly not much) the shipping ordering page has been updated

http://www.handspring.com/support/sp...ping_msg.jhtml
    Thats great news that means many of us will have our new Treos shipped by next tuesday!
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by Burrzoo

Hey Ernie,

Was your credit card charged yet? Did you look at the top of the invoice page? Mine states "Awaiting Shipment" even though it still displays "order received" next to the 'amount" fields. My credit card has been charged. I wouldn't give up hope yet....
    Hi Burrzoo,

Guess what??? My status nex to the amount fields went back to "Awaiting Shipping" from "Order Received." Huhhh??? All of this in a few minutes.

The top has shown "Awaiting Shipment" since last night. But the bottom (Invoice part) just went from "Order Received" this afternoon to "Awaiting Shipment." Then it went back to "Order Received." Now it's gone back to "Awaiting Shipment." WHAT GIVES?????

Was your credit card actually charged, or just authorized. If it's "authorized," the money is just set aside from you credit limit. But when you're actually charged ( usually not until actual shipment) the money is actually deducted from your credit card.
    The top has shown "Awaiting Shipment" since last night. But the bottom (Invoice part) just went from "Order Received" this afternoon to "Awaiting Shipment." Then it went back to "Order Received." Now it's gone back to "Awaiting Shipment." WHAT GIVES?????
    GGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Now it's gone back to "Order Received"!!!! From "Order Received" to "Awaiting Shipment" back to "Order Received" back to "Awaiting Shipment," and now back to "Order Received."

WHAT IS GONG ON???

The Treo 600 may technology be "Buck Rogers" but Handspring's Customer Service is strictly "Moe, Larry, and Curly"!!!!
    Now I'm back to "Awaiting Shipment." I'm not mad any more! This is starting to get funny, and I'm beginning to have a good laugh!!!

I'M DOING BUSINESS WITH DAFFY DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now I'm back to "Order Received." What...what...what can I say???
    These are programmers???
    Ernie,

Wake up, you are having a bad dream. The Fedex guys are knocking at your door!

Have a great trip. "F" the Treo for now.

(easier said than done.......of course) My cingular t-mo Treo is still about 3 weeks away but frankly I am still enjoying my T270.
    Ed
    Received a message @ 5am indicating that my Treo had shipped!

Ordered 11/4 8am Central
    According to FEDEX, it left SLC yesterday, arrived here in Austin this morning! My goodness, might I get my Treo today?

This is EXACTLY what happened while waiting for my 180! The website didn't change from Order Received until the Treo actually shipped.

In any case, I'll be waiting patiently in my office!

More to come...
    I specified standard shipping on my order, but Fedex indicates that it was shipped overnight.
    Estimated delivery today at 3!!!! YIKES!!!!
    I wouldn't be as excited if the Queen were to be dropping by for high tea!!
    Just in time, I have to leave for a funeral tomorrow at 10. Now I have something cool to do on the plane!
    It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Hi Burrzoo,

Was your credit card actually charged, or just authorized. If it's "authorized," the money is just set aside from you credit limit. But when you're actually charged ( usually not until actual shipment) the money is actually deducted from your credit card.
    Hi Ernie,

My card had the TEMP Authorization ($1.00) last Friday (11/21) and the "real" charge was posted 11/25/03.

Burrzoo
    -bump-

Looks like they started shipping yesterday. Orders updated this morning @5am.

See posts above.
    It's here. I'm holding it.
    Un-friggin-believable.
    Bye! ;-)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast