Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by teiwaz
    11/4 - 11/7 orders shipping yet?
    Still no movement on my upgrade order on 11/4 at 05:39:24 PM.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Just checked my order status at 9:30 PM eastern time and my status has changed to credit card approved. Maybe I'll have mine by Wednesday.... Something to be thankful for on Thursday! (hopefully there is nothing wrong with it )
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Placed order in the evening of 11/04. As of 9:30pm EST the status is now "Credit Card Approved". Perhaps Cingular orders are moving at long last (more likely I'm being overly optimistic).
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I placed my order on 11/5 8:30 AM and now its status is "Awaiting shipment". I chose overnight shipping, so if there is no delay on shipping, I will get it before Thanksgiving.
    Originally posted by JHETZEL
    Just checked my order status at 9:30 PM eastern time and my status has changed to credit card approved.
    Originally posted by mjw
    Placed order in the evening of 11/04. As of 9:30pm EST the status is now "Credit Card Approved".
    Originally posted by ignar
    I placed my order on 11/5 8:30 AM and now its status is "Awaiting shipment".
    I'm really excited for you guys.........That's great news, I'm only a few days behind you guys in the order que, so I'm hoping to have mine shipped in another weeks time.

Handspring................'LET'S ROLL'
    No good deed goes unpunished
    ordered mine 11/04 at 8:50... and it's now saying "awaiting shipment". i called them up earlier this pm to whine, which, i'm sure, had exactly zero effect, but it felt good. and if i wasn't feeling that much better then, i'm definitely feeling better now.

but now, for the real question: does anyone know when they actually ship the phones out in the evening/morning? i have to take off for thanksgiving mid-day on wednesday, and i would love, LOVE, to have it before i go. in fact, if i don't, i'm not sure i'm going.

gotta show off, ya know?
    History is the version of events that the victors wrote --Napoleon
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Checked again and I am now "Awaiting Shipment". Woohoo!
    I would've posted earlier, except I spent about 20 minutes dancing a little jig around my kitchen ;-)

WOO-HOO is right man!
    I also just got an email saying that as long as the item is not backordered, the order usually ships the next business day.

Hopefully I won't be "awaiting" too much longer ;-)

By the way - all the old timers who ordered a Treo 180 when it first came out will remember that the wait was just as bad that time around as well.
    And then to add insult to injury, no more than a couple of months after getting my 180 (for $600), Handspring came out with the 270 (and Handspring didn't provide upgrade discounts at that time)! I had to send back my 180 3 times due to various hardware failures (mostly speaker related), and finally I lost the damn thing in the back of a taxi.
    I've been holding out for 4 months now using a 4 year old Motorola Timeport that I had stashed away in a desk.

Being a Handspring customer definitely requires some patience!
    Last edited by mjw; 11/24/2003 at 09:56 PM.
    1) Did all of you receive an email informing you of the change in status?

2) Last posted date for shipment was the 5th, anyone after that?
    No good deed goes unpunished
    I ordered on the 7th and it's still in "Order Received".
    how long were you guys at credit card approved before it moved to awaiting shipment, and then shipped?

I just went to Credit Card Approved, and would be pyched to get this thing by this weekend!

Order Date:
    11/07/2003 12:11:45 PM
    seriously, what are people betting on how long "shipment" can be "awaited" for?

i've only had my order change over to awaiting shipment last night, and it's already driving me nuts that it hasn't shipped yet. what, fedex work european hours over at HS's warehouse???

when you've already been waiting soooooo long, those last few days are just hard to stomach...
    History is the version of events that the victors wrote --Napoleon
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by teiwaz
    how long were you guys at credit card approved before it moved to awaiting shipment, and then shipped?
    I speak to the shipping part, but my status whent from Credit Card Approved to Awaiting Shipment within an hour. Since last night it has stayed and Awaiting Shipment. I will feel better once I have a tracking number in my hands.

Since we are talking about Handspring here, I don't want to get my hopes up to much - but the wait has been sooooo loonnnggggg....

I am in the same boat, I ordered mine on November 4, 7:00pm and was in ordered received mode yesterday until I sent hanspring a nasty email complaining how they treat their loyal customers and that you could get a Treo 600 quicker from outside sources than from Handspring itself and VOILA my status changed from order received to awaiting shipment and got a generic response from them.
    It would be nice to think that sending HS a message reminding them how they should treat their customers lit a fire under their arses, but I suspect it was just coincidence.
    This is the same crap they put us through during the launch of the 180.
    Given how quickly Sony has come along with their smartphone line, I suspect this is perhaps the last time I'll have to deal with HS/P1 anyway.
    Not that Mr. Sony will treat me any better than Mr. Handspring from a personal communications perspective, but at least they have the wherewithall to launch a product in some numbers without the whole company's future hanging in the balance.
    I think a lot of people here are getting prematurely excited! Knowing Handspring, "Awaiting Shipment" means very little.

Those of us who ordered on Nov. 3 and made the mistake of ordering a Cingular Plan were pushed to the back of the bus, and like you only saw our first activity yesterday afternoon/evening. My order went through "Order Received" to "Credit Card Approved" to "Carrier Credit Check" to "Awaiting Shipment," all in a few hours. However, there has been no further change of status since then, and my credit card has still not been charged.

So far, "Awaiting Shipment" doesn't seem to mean squat....sorta like "Awaiting Canonization"....don't hold your breath! Remember, this is Handspring we're dealing with, not IBM or Dell!!!

I started a message thread to find out the experiences of those who have already received their Treos, but so far I've gotten no replies:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t42855/s.html
    i am now in awaiting shipment too. like canonization, it will take nothing short of a micacle for it to ship today or tomorrow.

i'll bet handspring has a company day off on friday too.
    >i am now in awaiting shipment too. like canonization, it will take nothing >short of a micacle for it to ship today or tomorrow.

Well, if it doesn't ship by Friday, I'll be SOL and will hafta cancel the order. I'm leaving Monday night on a flight to Australia for 2 months. Thanks, Handspring!!!

>i'll bet handspring has a company day off on friday too.

Based on their pitiful performance, I'll bet Handspring has had a company MONTH off during all of November!!!
    This morning when I looked at my order status, the Order Status page said "Awaiting Shipment", but the two line items (T600, headset adapter) on the View Order detail page said "Order Received".
    Now everything says "Awaiting Shipment".
    Maybe mine will be sent out this evening? Which means I won't see it until Monday anyway. :-(
    This blows.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast