1.    #1  
    Is there software and hardware to make the treo 600 a full fledge gps like the Garmin?
    And you will find several threads on this already.
    yes, there is a firm called igolf making a very small unit that plugs in directly into the sd slot. I have one on order, however, it is slightly delayed, due to the g-d awful fires in calif. It was due 11/15/03, but shold be shipped 2 weeks from that date. I will test it out and let everyone know, take care, Jay
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    yes, there is a firm called igolf making a very small unit that plugs in directly into the sd slot. I have one on order, however, it is slightly delayed, due to the g-d awful fires in calif. It was due 11/15/03, but shold be shipped 2 weeks from that date. I will test it out and let everyone know, take care, Jay
    Here's the link:
    http://www.igolftech.com/sdgps.php
    Dear, asantana
    thanks for doing my job!! take care, jay
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    Let us know once you give it a go...very interested in adding GPS to my TReo600. Thanks, HRB
    Jay,

I looked at the website. I could care less about golf. Are you buying it for the golf function or GPS? If for GPS only, then I guess there is nothing else compatible available out there?

HRB
    Other than the SD solutions (there is another one from Pharos already on the market), rumours are that you can use a serial GPS mouse with Treo600 and Mapopolis software. There are several websites on the web selling GPS mices with cables for treo 180/270300 that some people reported to work with the 600 as well.

The drawback seems to be that you can only use them in the car, as the GPS mouse is powered together with the Treo via a in-car charger.

As far as I understand any serial GPS receiver should be able to be connected with the Treo and work with Mapopolis - but how actually that is done and what cables to use, I don't know.

I'm actually very interested in the same topic and I would appreciate if people would post here their success stories of using GPS on Treo.