Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by tommygreen

Great! Thanks for the info to ease my mind...

Farzon, if I remember some of your posts correctly, don't you have some kind of high-level contact at TMo? Do you have any insight as to what would happen if I needed replacement on the Cingular version? (I've been through numerous 180 and 270 replacements, and even though the build-quality on the 600 seems to be better, I'd rather be safe than sorry.)

TIA!
    I have the TMO insurance on my GSM T600 that I purchased from DOML in singapore. They didnt even ? where i got the phone.
    Webit has a better contact. I can tell you that Tmobile is EXTREAMLY tight lipped about the whole thing. They are very good about not leaking out information.

Its pretty easy to deduct though. From the information we have recieved I can predict a few reasons for the delay:

They are having difficulty locking the units. They are going to offer some amazing discount on their treos (maybe 199 or somthing) and just have to insure they lock em to save their investment. and/or

They are having problems with some custom Tzones application they made. and/or

They are trying to provide a new "Sprint Business Connection" type of T-zones service that will be availble 1st with this phone. The software is behind, and the servers that handle it are probably not ready either. and/or

The data rates that this phone uses would overload thier networks so they are upgrading the networks or installing some sort of data throughput software on the Tmobile treos' (I HIGHLY doubt this because it doesnt make sense.. but sometimes carriers loose sight of the future, so I am leaving this as a possibility)

I am pretty sure its going to be just about all the reasons.
    I too decided not to wait for a TMo branded phone.

The main reason is that d@mn T-Jingle ringtone my 180 reverts to every time I have to reset.
    <i>"We wanted it to turn out right, but instead it turned out as usual." </i>
    -Viktor Chernomyrdin
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Falstaff
    I too decided not to wait for a TMo branded phone.

The main reason is that d@mn T-Jingle ringtone my 180 reverts to every time I have to reset.
    There is a program called Ring Fix that corrects that T-Mo programming flaw. Try a search. I beleive someone on the board wrote the program.
    When i spoke to "my contact" yesterday, i got the impression that TMO was no longer in any hurry, he stated to me that they had already missed the rush to get it out first and that now they are doing what they feel they need to do, to keep phones from being returned. He stated that if others wanted to release the phone in the "current state" that TMO was going to not be rushed by that becuase they didnt want the returns.
    I stated to him that i had been using the GSM version for 3 weeks with TMO and had not had any issues what so ever, besides their GPRS service being down in Fort Lauderdale a couple weeks ago for like 7 hours.
    He again stated that he had no specific dates any more and that it was looking like mid-December for them.
    I then proceeded to get another SIM shipped overnight to me for my 2nd DOML gsm that arrived last week.

I will be trying to get my guy in NY to go around to Cingular stores and find another ASAP.
    Thanks for the info.

I guess my real complaint is that I don't like their heavy-handed branding on a phone where I did not get a substantial price break. I got the ring-tone when I added my handspring promised, free GPRS upgrade.

If they are offering a big discount in return for a contract commitment I understand, but that wasn't the case for me.

Since I know the only branding on the Cingular is a splash screen, and I don't know what the TMo will be, (and in light of their branding track record), I decided to order the Cingular version now.

I'm also hoping I might get it by Christmas!
    <i>"We wanted it to turn out right, but instead it turned out as usual." </i>
    -Viktor Chernomyrdin
    I have the TMO insurance on my GSM T600 that I purchased from DOML in singapore. They didnt even ? where i got the phone.
    Cool. Thanks HumP!

I can predict a few reasons for the delay:
    These are many reasons I don't want the TMo branded 600! I thought the GPRS update to my 270 was TMo tyranny! I hated the "jingle" that got added. And yes, I applied the fix as soon as I found out about it!

I know many of you have already ordered the Cingular one, but who else out there is on the fence, and about to order? I need a few more people to "hold my hand"! I wonder how quickly we could get them? I found a thread stating that those who ordered on Nov 2 & 3 are starting to get them today...
    As a ATT customer, I think I am going to bite the bullet today. If ATT gets their act together it may be released by Jan- what a joke. I would guess they are having the same technical problems as TMO is. My thoughts- If Att or TMO comes out soon and sells it soon ---- I can just cancel my order with Handspring. But the upgrade price and the suggested ATT price of $550- I really think the upgrade is the way to go. I guess worst case scenario- sell it on Ebay. All that being said- I am going to jump. Wish me luck- LOL.

On a side note- I hope ATT gets a better data plan- but as a Charter member I only pay 99 bucks for unlimited talking- so I guess they will get me one way or another! TMO- seems to be the way to go for Data plans.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Originally posted by HumP

I didn't know that Tmo offered insurance. When I asked about my 180 I was told they did not offer insurance. Can you tell me where/how you got it.

Thanks,
    -d
    Originally posted by dbregman

I didn't know that Tmo offered insurance. When I asked about my 180 I was told they did not offer insurance. Can you tell me where/how you got it.

Thanks,
    -d
    They started offering insurance a couple of months ago. It's good to hear that HumP got insurance on his T600, as my concern was that Tmo would exclude more expensive pda's.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dbregman

Thanks,
    -d
    http://www.asurion.com/tmobile/

I don't know if they will insure a Treo 600 as I have not gotten my Cingular T600 yet
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12