1.    #1  
    Dear Fellow treo 600 fans,

Until today, I had an order for 2 sync cradles waiting for shipment since 2 October from mobile planet. The ship date was moved from 14 November to 28 November yesterday (after at least a dozen previous ship date changes) . A call to customer service (you thought sprint was bad) typically got a rather numb response (sorry sir, but all we can tell you is what the screen says). A transfer to a supervisor didnt get much more, and a message left for the sales manager didnt even get a return phone call. To make matters worse, in my opinion, backorders are shipped 5 day ups ground, even though I paid almost 30 bucks for a 2 ounce package to be shipped overnight with the first portion of the shipment (a true ripoff). I phoned treocentral yesterday, and had to leave a message, but was phoned this morning by very nice rep, who told me that 400 cradles had just arrived, and that I could have 2 of them tomorrow.

Needless to say, my order with mobile planet has been cancelled and I expect to see 2 cradles tomorrow.

A side note however, this cradle is not like the cradle you purchased for your treo 300, as it does not have current to allow you to charge your unit. The cord that came with your phone needs to be connected to the cradle, so, if you need 2 cradles (one for home one for the office) you will need to buy a 2nd power cord for the office cradle.

Jeff
    Jeff
    Originally posted by Snowracer

Until today, I had an order for 2 sync cradles waiting for shipment since 2 October from mobile planet. The ship date was moved from 14 November to 28 November yesterday (after at least a dozen previous ship date changes) . A call to customer service (you thought sprint was bad) typically got a rather numb response (sorry sir, but all we can tell you is what the screen says). A transfer to a supervisor didnt get much more, and a message left for the sales manager didnt even get a return phone call. To make matters worse, in my opinion, backorders are shipped 5 day ups ground, even though I paid almost 30 bucks for a 2 ounce package to be shipped overnight with the first portion of the shipment (a true ripoff). I phoned treocentral yesterday, and had to leave a message, but was phoned this morning by very nice rep, who told me that 400 cradles had just arrived, and that I could have 2 of them tomorrow.

Needless to say, my order with mobile planet has been cancelled and I expect to see 2 cradles tomorrow.

A side note however, this cradle is not like the cradle you purchased for your treo 300, as it does not have current to allow you to charge your unit. The cord that came with your phone needs to be connected to the cradle, so, if you need 2 cradles (one for home one for the office) you will need to buy a 2nd power cord for the office cradle.

Jeff
    Take a look at Ebay and do a search in here and you will find the cradle for half the price and can get it at once. A lot of people have bought them on Ebay. All the accessories on Ebay are at a substantial savings and there are OEM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Hockey Dad,

But I will wait for the shipment to arrive tomorrow. I guess I dont feel real comfortable with an ebay purchase yet.......

Jeff
    Jeff
    Thanks Hockey Dad,

But I will wait for the shipment to arrive tomorrow. I guess I dont feel real comfortable with an ebay purchase yet.......

Jeff
    I ordered an Handspring OEM Cradle, Form Fit Case, and Stereo headset adapter for 1/2 the retail price from Dans Cellular on Ebay, received them all in 4 business days.

See this link for more info: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t41555/s.html

Now, if I could only get my GSM Treo 600, I'd be all set
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Dan's cellular on eBay is absolutely reliable. I've bought from them several times.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Someone reading this message could get confused and think that you can't charge your unit while in the cradle. You can, it just doesn't come with a charger. FWIW, this cradle is the best I've ever had on a Palm device. You never have to fiddle in order to fit the connector into the bottom. Just drop the T600 into the cradle, and the plug finds its way home without any wiggling whatsoever. The only downside is that unlike many Palm devices, there is no option to keep the screen from timing out when it is in the cradle.
    Regards,

Robert

Jeff
    Identical experience here - cancelled with MobilePlanet and placed with Dan's Cellular on eBay. Received, love them. All is well.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by rbienstock
    The only downside is that unlike many Palm devices, there is no option to keep the screen from timing out when it is in the cradle.
    I absolutely agree on this one! My Treo 600 looks much cooler on my desk if the display is lit . The only way I can do this is to have pTunes running.
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

i just ordered from Dans 10 cradles and 6 world chargers and 2 stylus packs, WANT THEM NOW!!
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo
    Dan's cellular on eBay is absolutely reliable. I've bought from them several times.
    Ditto. Bought case & screen protectors from him.
    My Sony Clie had the option to keep the display running all the time, I have to figure out how I did that...
  12.    #12  
    Got home today and my 2 cradles are here. And great news, the powercord from the 300 cradle plugs into the new 600 cradle connector just fine, so the extra powercord goes back to Treocentral. I too would like to leave the phone on all the time while in the cradle, but a very minor disturbance to say the least.

Good to hear that Dans on ebay is reliable, thanks folks.
    Jeff