1.    #1  
    I have a TREO 600, mapaoplis maps and semson i-trek gps mouse hooked to the serial port on my Treo. The whole thing works great - WHEN IT WORKS -. the problem is that it freezes every so often with the following error message.
    "Error status was 121-16. Note mapapolis is not compatible with most hacks"
    I know Mapapolis is working on a soultion, however does anyone know how to detect the "hack" and then how to set it aside while the gps is running?
    Treo 600 user, Lost in space
    mmm - I have a Garmin with a serial cable. Did you just hook it together with HS's serial hot cable?

Stephen
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I just plug it into the serial port on the Handspring and throw the gps on the dash. however, it does not work well, because Mapapolis does not support hacks and it freezes. apparently Treo 600 has a lot more going on then the previous treo's and it appears to be interference at least with the Semson i-trek mouse. Mapapolis is working on solutions including determining if it is the mouse or the software and what the fix is going to be. I guess in my naivete I thought that a couple strings of code would eliminate the problem. Guess not.
    I have the same problem using Mapopolis: very often freeze and get error code 120-5232.
    Regards
    Ferr
  5.    #5  
    What GPS device are you using and do you use Business Connect? Have you also disabled the time feature on the treo?

Craig
    I was thinking about buying The IQue 3600 gps, but if I would rather have one piece of hardware that could do it all. Does anyone know how the IQue compares with the Teo 600?

Waco
    http://www.damnshow.com
    What is "time feature"
    Regards
    Ferr

>Have you also disabled the time feature >on the treo?

>Craig
    ccarbrey,

Any update from Semsons concerning your issue with the T6, ITrek and Mapopolis? I unfortunately bought both the iTrek and Mapopolis before coming across this thread.

The exact same thing is happening to me regarding the occassional freezes on my T6 when the s/w is running. It's pretty fustrating. Please let me know if you hear anything from Semsons.

Regards.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  10.    #10  
    Here is what happened. I evetually sent my Treo to Mapapolis. they have a wonderful support group that took the time to understand the problem. They applied a new beta update to my treo and it has worked great sense. When I received the gps back, there was an intital period when the gps would not intialize. Contrary to what Semson has told me the devise needs to be flashing before it will work. This is only a few seconds and not a real big deal.

the bigger issue is the Business connect. It no longer locks up the treo, but it does cause fits with the gps trying to use the same com. I finally disabled the business connect, did a soft reset (very important) and use the business connect by pushing the exchange button. It works fine. It is compromise that seems to work anyway.

By the way, Business connect for me (maybe not you) requires that my work com,puter be on and that outlook be up.

Craig
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by damnshow
    I was thinking about buying The IQue 3600 gps, but if I would rather have one piece of hardware that could do it all. Does anyone know how the IQue compares with the Teo 600?

Waco
    I have both the IQue and the Treo 600. They really aren't comparable and are very different devices. True, both run Palm OS 5, but that is where the similarities ends. I use the IQue as a dedicated GPS (I have the car docking cradle attachment) and use my Treo as my handheld computer and phone.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask, but you should probably start a new thread in the "All Handhelds" discussion section.
    Jeff
    Originally posted by ccarbrey
    They applied a new beta update to my treo and it has worked great sense.
    ccarbrey,

Just want to confirm that the beta update Mapopolis applied to your Treo was the same one (ver 1.27) I mentioned in the thread link 3 posts up from this one.

Please confirm. Thx

aolumide
  13.    #13  
    Yes, I have the same version.

Craig