Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    My treo resets itself (soft) when i attempt to share a picture. I would take the picture, choose chare, slick on look up a contact, and as soon as choose a contact it would just reset (as soon as i press the button). I've done dozens of hard resets. I spoke to hanspring and they told me it may be an incompatability with some applications I might have. So what I did was gut out all foreign programs and performed another hard reset. I even uninstalled then reinstalled my palm desktop. It worked perfectly for while, but then, after a day, it started to happen again. I'm guessing its the hardware, since it only happens after I sync (even though I sync with nothing by default apps in my back up folder). Or could be some bug transferred from my computer to my treo through USB? Any suggestions, comments? Can i return my treo to a Sprint Store even though i bought it from Hanspring?
  2. #2  
    Do a search on my name and you'll see I and others have this same issue. I have spent hours on the phone with Handsrping. Only thing we can tell is it happens on Rev A&C phones not C....Which do you have? It is not software compatibility related. It is hardware...plain and simple.

    I'm waiting for the local Sprint store to get some and then demanding they exchange my Rev A for a Rev C.
  3.    #3  
    how would i know what revision I have? How did you know that Handspring had different revisions?
  4. #4  
    Type in ##786 in the dial pad and youll see it at the very bottom..... Just common knowledge they are shipping three hardware revs even though handspring denies this !!!!!!!!!!
  5. #5  
    Type in ##786 in the dial pad and youll see it at the very bottom..... Just common knowledge they are shipping three hardware revs even though handspring denies this !!!!!!!!!!
  6.    #6  
    It shows that I have a rev b, phone (dammit!). I will call around to see if sprint stores have any in the area. Hopefully they will have Rev C phones.
  7. #7  
    Ok, that may sound stupid but do you store your pictures directly on a SD card ? If you've setup the category in preferences for your camera to go to the SD Card directly and then try to Share those pictures, the system resets (all Rev I believe !)

    To have shareable picture, you need to have them as a non card category. Of course, if you do this, you can no longer share them with Snappermail for instance...
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

    "Doh !'
  8.    #8  
    No, i do not save pictures to my SD card. I save them on the Treo.

    I just performed a hard battery reset. Thats when you hold down "Backspace" + "K" + "Reset" while the unit is un-plugged. (i never knew about this i spoke to the Handspring Rep.) The I powered it back up by plugging it in again. Then I uninstalled & reinstalled Palm Desktop. After all this, you would think that I would be lucky at least once to send a picture without the phone resetting. Alas, my attempts were in vain. I have no clue what to do except try to get another one, possibly Rev C.
  9. #9  
    Weird... It works on mine, with the caveats of not saving to the SD card which doesn't seem to work on other Rev either. And my camera takes decent pictures (we've discussed a while ago already...)

    Oh, and I have a Rev B too !
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

    "Doh !'
  10. #10  
    .
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by GreenTeeth
    Weird... It works on mine, with the caveats of not saving to the SD card which doesn't seem to work on other Rev either. And my camera takes decent pictures (we've discussed a while ago already...)

    Oh, and I have a Rev B too !
    Ditto. Have you tried just typing in the phone number or email address instead of looking it up? If it doesn't reset in this case, then the prob probably lies in your contacts folder.

    Also try doing a hard reset, then typing the phone number / email addy and see if it resets.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  12.    #12  
    I have tried it all. And it does work when I just type the address in. But who wants to type the address in all the time??

    itlan: I feel all of your pain. I have searched your name and read most of your earlier post concerning the share/reset problem. No, you are not alone. And what does "csv" mean? I was trying to follow your quick solution, but I dont know what you mean by exporting in "csv" and all that stuff... If there is any progress, let me know. This really does blow! And yes, we have the EXACT same problem. (you are very much not alone)
    Last edited by wollefecyn; 11/19/2003 at 05:25 PM.
  13. #13  
    You know, I had the same problem - when I go to the MMS, the treo reset itself. The problem didn't happen until I synched the 600 up with my computer, and installed my old applications (upgrade from a Treo 180)

    I uninstalled recho echo, and a couple of other apps, and it stopped happening. I know, I should have deleted them one at a time, but too late now. It looks like it is a 3rd party app compatability issue.

    Besides that, I could not send any MMS, until I got 3rd level support (Cingular) to make some changes; got it fixed the same day. The only pending issue I have is making the POP3 mail work.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by wollefecyn
    I have tried it all. And it does work when I just type the address in. But who wants to type the address in all the time??

    itlan: I feel all of your pain. I have searched your name and read most of your earlier post concerning the share/reset problem. No, you are not alone. And what does "csv" mean? I was trying to follow your quick solution, but I dont know what you mean by exporting in "csv" and all that stuff... If there is any progress, let me know. This really does blow! And yes, we have the EXACT same problem. (you are very much not alone)
    CSV - Comma Separated Values.

    My suggestions weren't for finding an alternative....just by trying to isolate the problem. If it works fine with email and not with phone numbers, then I would say it's a problem with your addresses.

    I tried the same on my Treo and noticed that if you type in the phone number then it "resolves" the owner (meaning it shows who the number belongs to) whereas with email addresses it doesn't.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  15. #15  
    Just a question: did you do an upgrade from a previous Treo version ? Some pleople have had some weird characters added to their phone numbers during upgrade...

    Also, could you try going to the contact application, select a contact name, delete the number in it, retype it WITHIN the Treo and then try to use it again in the picture share application... I know, it's a pain but I'm just trying to figure out where that problem could come from (since it doesn't look like it is Rev related...)
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

    "Doh !'
  16.    #16  
    ok... so now i know that it is only when i try to select e-mails from contacts while sharing a picture do i get the soft reset. So as suggested, the problem lies with "contacts." (how do you know this? are email addressed stored differently than phone numbers?)

    ...Also to note: someone mentioned that there are funny characters that show up in contacts after syching the treo from an older version. Couple of things to note
    1) Yes, i previously had a Palm m500, however, i deleted everything that had to do with it: the Desktop program, the Palm Folder in c:Program Files, anything I could find. I installed (and reinstalled and reinstalled and reinstalled) the Palm Desktop that came with the treo
    2) I manually had put in asterisks (*) in the names of some people in my contacts. This was my own personal mark for people who also had Spring (i wanted to be able to notice them since I have unlimited Sprint2Sprint calling). I could have just made a new category for them, but then I would have the same contacts in two places. For example, people with Sprint were also my family members (i have a category Family already) and Friends (category for them too). By putting an asterisk next to their name, the immediately show up at the top of a chosen category.
    I will attempt to remove these asterisks and synch again.
  17.    #17  
    i take that back... it does do the reset when I choose phone numbers now too... also, i did try to manually retype a piece of conatact info (an email address)... it worked the first time... then I tried to do it again (without the manual re-type of the same piece of contact info) and a reset occured. Something about the synching from my desktop seems to corrupt the way the contacts are being looked up or somehthing... I reall hope i dont have to go through the whole replacement thing with Handspring and go another friggen month without a phone or pda.
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by wollefecyn
    i take that back... it does do the reset when I choose phone numbers now too... also, i did try to manually retype a piece of conatact info (an email address)... it worked the first time... then I tried to do it again (without the manual re-type of the same piece of contact info) and a reset occured. Something about the synching from my desktop seems to corrupt the way the contacts are being looked up or somehthing... I reall hope i dont have to go through the whole replacement thing with Handspring and go another friggen month without a phone or pda.
    I don't think that'll be necessary.....do you know if it has anything to do with the contacts that have the asterick?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  19. #19  
    It does it when I save directly to the SD card for me as well. I have revision B.
  20. #20  
    Originally posted by wollefecyn
    ok... so now i know that it is only when i try to select e-mails from contacts while sharing a picture do i get the soft reset. So as suggested, the problem lies with "contacts." (how do you know this? are email addressed stored differently than phone numbers?)

    ...Also to note: someone mentioned that there are funny characters that show up in contacts after syching the treo from an older version. Couple of things to note
    1) Yes, i previously had a Palm m500, however, i deleted everything that had to do with it: the Desktop program, the Palm Folder in c:Program Files, anything I could find. I installed (and reinstalled and reinstalled and reinstalled) the Palm Desktop that came with the treo
    2) I manually had put in asterisks (*) in the names of some people in my contacts. This was my own personal mark for people who also had Spring (i wanted to be able to notice them since I have unlimited Sprint2Sprint calling). I could have just made a new category for them, but then I would have the same contacts in two places. For example, people with Sprint were also my family members (i have a category Family already) and Friends (category for them too). By putting an asterisk next to their name, the immediately show up at the top of a chosen category.
    I will attempt to remove these asterisks and synch again.
    With the Palms they come with Chapura PocketMirror for syncing contacts, calender info, etc. with the PDA and Outlook. It usually makes a folder in Outlook for this. If you end up uninstalling then reinstalling, try deleting this folder from Outlook, since it isn't deleted automatically.

    Also, email addresses and phone numbers aren't stored differently as far as I know....but like I said earlier when you type in a phone number when you're sharing a picture it somehow automatically resolves the name it's associated with, whereas it doesn't do this with email addresses. This suggests that the Treo could be accessing the Contacts list trying to match up the number, whereas it doesn't do this with the email address. This is why it resets when you type in a phone number and not an email address most of the time.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions