Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I updated Sandman so that it doesn't put up the "memo" screen after it's been run. It's free on www.imchatter.com

Marc
    Thanks!!!

Bob Duckworth
    I tried to use this, but it cuts out the audio in addition to the screen. I tried mapping to each of the hard buttons (other tha phone), and I even tried launching it manually after starting a call, but the audio would always get turned off. Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by arognlie
    I tried to use this, but it cuts out the audio in addition to the screen. I tried mapping to each of the hard buttons (other tha phone), and I even tried launching it manually after starting a call, but the audio would always get turned off. Any thoughts?
    You need to enable system sounds in order for Sandman (or Off-It) to work.
    That's got it. I feel a bit silly now.
    Originally posted by arognlie
    That's got it. I feel a bit silly now.
    Not as silly as I felt when I mapped sandman to the power button

Gabriel
    Originally posted by Jumbawamba
    Not as silly as I felt when I mapped sandman to the power button

Gabriel

*SNORT*

Originally posted by mblank
    I updated Sandman so that it doesn't put up the "memo" screen after it's been run. It's free on www.imchatter.com

Marc
    THANKS!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hi Marc

Thanks for your application. I've re-installed the 1.1 and it still gives me a screen (below) each time when I turn back on the power:

C application
    Creator Code:STRT
    Other SDKs:

Pls advise. Thanks.
    Its ok now...

I've deleted the original from my palm first and put the new one in.
    It doesn't show the "memo" screen anymore.

Thanks for the useful utility.
    Well unless there is some inherent hardware/software limitation when mapping sandman to the power button, sandman is a little buggy...if mapped to the power button, I can make a call, press the power button and it works as expected. I would expect that if I press the power button again, the screen should return to the last screen displayed, but it does not, the screen stays off and subsequently the sound cuts out. Is there any reason (software-wise) that sandman cannot simply replace the default funtionality of the power butl
  12.    #12  
    Well, actually it IS a limitation of sorts. When you tap a hard button, the OS launches the application that is assigned to that key. If an application is ALREADY running (which Sandman is at that point, albeit asleep) and you press its hard key, the OS has nothing to do... Offhand, I can't think of a way around it.

Marc
    Does anyone know why system sounds must be enabled in order for these screen-off utilities to work? I don't see the connection.
    Marc,

So I guess it sounds like the OS is the only one that can handle the interrupt generated by pressing one of those 4 hard keys? Otherwise, wouldn't your software be able to detect the POWER key press and then say, "hey I guess he wants me to turn the screen back on!"

If treo is in a phone call and Sandman is mapped to POWER button: Once Sandman has been initiated, the only way to return to "Call In Progress" screen is to press the phone button. Easy Enough....

If treo is in "Normal" Palm OS mode and Sandman is mapped to Power button: Once Sandman has been initiated, can you tweak it ever so slightly so that that Sandman will turn the screen back on only if the Spacebar is pressed. Limiting this function to only one key has its obvious benefits, as it will reduce accidental screen turn on.

Just a thought, and in case I didn't say it before, thank you for the great app...
    *1) What do you mean by "enable system sounds?" Does that mean just make sure the little switch on top is switched to the left?

*2) The hard buttons are the two buttons to left and right of the navigational key, right? Which button are we "supposed to" assign SandMan to? Does it have to be "Opt + Hard Button X"

* sorry if the above sound stupid... as of now, i have SandMan assigned to "opt + phone key"... I haven't had any problems so far, but was just wondering i will run into any problems later having it set this way, or if there is a more effective way of setting Sandman...
    Originally posted by wollefecyn
    *1) What do you mean by "enable system sounds?" Does that mean just make sure the little switch on top is switched to the left?
    No.

By "enable system sounds", I mean you must go to Preferences -> General and set "System Sound" to Low, Medium, or High. It cannot be set to Off if Sandman is to work correctly.
    Marc,

I'm not trying to contridict or anything but it must be possible, because there are a lot of apps out there that respond to a second key press. (Like DayNotez cycles catagories if you press the launch key again, or Calender cycles views). Do you think this is a hack of some kind. It works with many OS5 apps too.

Oh Well, just a thought.

Sincerely,
    Howard B. Anderson

P.S. Unless its because its asleep that causes the problem.
    Hi, I'm new to the Treo and Palm OS...and I'm confused.

I just tried to update Sandman on my T600 to the new 1.1 version but, for some reason, the version is still reported as being 1.0. Is that correct? Or, more likely, did I do something wrong? I tried both a straight overlay of the program without deleting the prior version as well as deleting & Hotsyncing before installing the new 1.1 version. Same result -- 1.0 reported as the version.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
    -Brian-
    make sure the old version is not in your backup folder ( c: > Program files > Handspring > "username" > backup). You said you manually delete the old version then try to synch the new one in. Do both versions show up after a synch?
    I only see a single occurrence of the Sandman file on the Treo. Using FileZ, I see two-related items though -- Sandman & Sandman_STRT_appl_a69k (which I cannot delete). Part of the problem?

By chance, have you updated your version of Sandman? What version shows up in 'Info' (from the Application Launcher)?

Thanks again.
    -Brian-
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast