Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    I wonder if there is any way to delete it? I tried to move it to the SD card but it just copied it. Then I tried to delete it, but it is protected. Suggestions?
    You know I just can't remember what I did now. At the moment it's still in ROM. Maybe I'll give it another go and see what happens. Did you try using Uninstall Manager, or FileZ, or both? Or maybe, immediately after trying (and not succeeeding) to delete it, soft-reset your 600 and then immediately, after powering back on, try to delete it again. Sorry I can't be more specific.

I'm sure this was the culprit because prior to the FW upgrade, I tested phone/sandman multiple times with and without carkitapp.prc in RAM and every time sandman and OffIt failed when carkitapp.prc was in RAM.

Speaking of FW upgrades, what's all this about 2.09 (SIAM was 2.08) having been posted by Handspring? I've not seen hide not tail of it.
    Somebody said that HS was emailing them a SD card with it on there. I expect that he'll receive it in about a week to 10 days. Maybe he'll upload it for us.

For the Car kit file... I was using ZLauncher's file manager adn trying to delete the CarKit_EPc2_appl_a68.prc that was in the RAM. Now that you told me though, I also see the CarKit.prc in the ROM.
    a68k files are a bit tricky to delete. Either use Uninstall Manager, which can delete these on its own, or you must soft reset prior to deleting one of these then fileZ will delete them. Don't know about Zl. But, alas, this file is not the problem.

Thanks for the info on the SD card FW update. Why doesn't HS just post the darn thing on the Handspring download support page? Sorry to get off topic here.
    I know right, that would be nice. You know, Sony Ericsson is now offering OTA f/w updates. How cool is that???!!!!

Unistall Manager said that it wasn't able to delete the CarKit application since its in the ROM...any tips for me?
    I just got the same result, too. I don't think there's much we can do. Maybe the author of Sandman will update it to take care of carkit.prc?
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeee Mark
    PM him?
    Yeah, I could do that

BTW, here is the link to the other thread on the latest f/w. Actually, the guy said that HS emailed it to him. Let's hope his inbox wasn't too full that it could accept a 5-6MB attachment !
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

The problem is that Slow launch is a hack and it's unknown whether it's compatible with OS 5.x Hack manager. On the other hand, Sandman also works great with HBX (Hard Button Extender) which will work via Tealmaster FYI!
    Update:
    We have just released HBX 3.0 which now does not need any hack manager on Palm OS 5 (it is a standalone application now).
    Please visit: www.ranosoft.net/hbx
    I installed sandman and when I click on the icon the power shuts off. Is this what is supposed to happen? I can't configure it to only happen when I push a button? If i launch it during a phone call it disconnects the call too!

I also installed coolDA, but I can't figure out how to use that to shut the screen off when on a call either!! I guess I am a moron, can someone help me!! I just want the screen off when I am on the phone!
    have you installed the Siamupdater to f/w 2.08 or 2.09? have you installed the car kit? the carkit file is included in these groups and likely causes a conflict
    Installed this little jem last night. Works great!!!. I wonder how long the battery talk time is going to be now?....4 or 5 hours?

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123