Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Alright....

1) I deleted the Sandman application from the Backup folder.

2) I deleted the Sandman application from the Treo.

3) I did a soft reset of the Treo after which I WAS able to delete the second Sandman file (Sandman_STRT_appl_a69k) successfully.

4) I Hotsynced to install the new version of Sandman.

End-result = Version 1.0 in 'Info' again.

Doh!

Possibly, did Marc not update the version info?
    -Brian-
    Yep. The Sandman 1.1 version resource 'tver' still says 1.0. I guess this is just a simple (and easy to make) oversight.
    For future reference, what is the PROPER way of updating Palm OS applications (such as Sandman, etc)?

Thanks again.
    -Brian-
    I love the Sandman screenshot on the Chattter page, by the way.

"slow launch" is the pefect companion to sandman!! it worls flawlessly & won't steal away any additional hadware buttons. you just press and hold and sandman will pop up (or any other app for that matter). press power button or any other to exit! i'm using it on a treo 300 & it works great. "slow launch" is a hack & i beleive you can find it on freewarepalm DOT com. do you guys really think this will cut down on battery usage?
    Good info on "Slow Launch" which is from the same programmer as Volume Rocker.

It just added 4 easy ways to access more programs on my Treo600. thx!

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/slowlaunch.shtml
    yep.
    Originally posted by krock
    Good info on "Slow Launch" which is from the same programmer as Volume Rocker.

It just added 4 easy ways to access more programs on my Treo600. thx!

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/slowlaunch.shtml
    The problem is that Slow launch is a hack and it's unknown whether it's compatible with OS 5.x Hack manager. On the other hand, Sandman also works great with HBX (Hard Button Extender) which will work via Tealmaster FYI!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/26/2003 at 11:41 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I am using TealMaster with Glow Hack and Slow Launch quite successfully on the Treo600.
    yep.
    Uninstalled it and started over. Tried mapping to different keys. No problem activating the program, but something about an active phone call that turns the screen back on.

Tried Off-It instead, but it did the same thing, so it's got something to do with phone app.

Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Uninstalled it and started over. Tried mapping to different keys. No problem activating the program, but something about an active phone call that turns the screen back on.

Tried Off-It instead, but it did the same thing, so it's got something to do with phone app.

Any thoughts?
    Same here. Tried it for a couple of days and pressing the assigned button turned off the screen just fine. Looked back down at the Treo after a couple of minutes and the screen was back on - every time. I have uninstalled the program and waiting for something that works.
    I used to have the same problem. Got it fixed after I changed one setting in my TreoAlertMgr program. If you have TreoAlertMgr installed, set your "Seconds between alerts" to 125 or higher and see if that fixes the problem.
    Alright, I got TealMaster, GlowHack, and Slow Launch and...of course, Sandman.

Still getting the same thing like elysian9...suggestions? settings?
    Do you have TreoAlertMgr installed by chance?
    nope
    reading this thread makes me think that having the screen off during a call amounts to a ridiculous amount of extra work. I am using Colauncher and Offit my self and it's a pain.

Marc would it be possible to make Sandman 1.2 with some sort of phone aware timer function? When the phone is activated Sandman starts and after a predetermined or user set amount of time the screen is darkened. When the call is terminated the screen comes back on or not dependant on user settings.

Just an idea. Not a programmer or I'd try it myself.

Any thoughts?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    That would defiately be worth a few bucks
    DITTO
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    @ elysian9

any developments on your end, I agree that's its got some conflict with the phone app, cause both Sandman and Off-it work fine elsewhere
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    @ elysian9

any developments on your end, I agree that's its got some conflict with the phone app, cause both Sandman and Off-it work fine elsewhere
    The SIAM firmware upgrade installs CarKitApp.prc into ROM. This is an invisible app which is required for the Handspring car kit to work with the Treo 600. It will over-ride Sandman and OffIt and turn the display light back on. Curiously, I have deleted it from ROM once, but it will not always delete. I have the car kit and prior to the FW upgrade I had the CarKitApp.prc installed in RAM. That was the cause of the problem. What a drag.
    I wonder if there is any way to delete it? I tried to move it to the SD card but it just copied it. Then I tried to delete it, but it is protected. Suggestions?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast