1.    #1  
    Well. I made my order on Nov 3rd. Today I got a status that they were verifying my credit card. Sadly, I got an email that it didnt authorize. I called my credit card company and they said it was some sort of system error.

So I just called Handspring and they said they cant do anything about it and that I will be at the end of the line on the orders. He said that it should take 3 weeks to a month. :/

I just don't get it... I think I am going to break down and but one of those expensive units that you can get in a few days. Where do I do that? We still have to buy these overseas or can we get them local still?
    Sorry bud.

That really sucks. Surely you don't have to go to the end of the line. I would hope it is just a day later when they ship.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Check these out

http://www.doml.com/product.asp?id=1081

I bought mine from here. Amazing service.

The other one is:

http://www.mobilefly.com/search.php?...query=treo+600

Both Indonesia. FWIW, these units are all hardware version b.

We cannot buy these here in the US and cannot buy direct from Europe. I'm afraid Indonesia is your best and only bet (for the moment).
    I got tired of the Handspring Two-Step and decided to eat the $200. After reading comments from those awaiting shipment, I'm sure I would have spent that money on therapy anyway.

Check your local Best Buy and SprintPCS stores. They get them in from time to time (and generally sell out that day or the next).

I bought mine at a Best Buy; the local SPCS store had them the other day, I showed mine off to a gent who was contemplating (and later consummated) a purchase. Where's my commission check?!

In all seriousness, check with the local stores.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  5.    #5  
    Thats what I told him. He said it was impossible todo anything about it. The order was cancled. He remade the order for today and re-authorized it. It went through obviously.

I really am at the end of the line.
    No I am at the end of the line- Worse yet- the end of the "hope and cross your fingers line" via AT&T. I can't get Cingular where I live so I have to just watch with envy. Does that make you feel any better?
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Thats what I told him. He said it was impossible todo anything about it. The order was cancled. He remade the order for today and re-authorized it. It went through obviously.

I really am at the end of the line.
    Oh, man. That really sucks. I know if there's anyone who's been stressing more over this than me or anyone else it's you. I wish I could do something for ya, but I can barely help myself thanks to the incompetent fools at HS. No one deserves this, it's truly unacceptable.

If it comes to the worst, you can bite the bullet and buy it from a cingular store physically. Yeah, it's 200 buckaroos, but as someone mentioned, you'll probably be saving on the ol' therapy. I know if I don't get this phone soon I will *literally* explode into pieces. No, not figuratively. I suspect you would too. Anyway, best of luck to a very helpful person!

Cheers.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks my friend. Its ok, this is just the way it was meant to be.

Someone else told me to purchase it from a store. I have no problem with that at all. Anyone know of a any Bay Area (california) stores that have them in stock? Im ready to visit one in the morning.
    What a sad story! Why don't you try buying from Ebay. There are some vultures selling GMS units (in stock or available when they get theirs from HS) right now. It might be cheaper than buying from Indonesia or some place far off.
  10.    #10  
    The problem with the ebay'ers is that none of them have any stock.
    I got mine at the Fry's in Palo Alto just past Page Mill. I'm sure you know it.

Jonathan
    F--same exact thing happened to me today (see my rant on another thread). I placed 2 identical orders (2 Cingular upgrades with 2 different serial numbers). The first goes through today, but the credit card company rejects the 2nd one a few minutes later. 2 calls to HS CSR and much complaining did nothing but got me free shipping on the 2nd delayed unit (2-4 weeks). Their system allegedly cannot reactivate/correct a failed credit card order and they made me start from scratch. What a flail...
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by jlhopwo
    I got mine at the Fry's in Palo Alto just past Page Mill. I'm sure you know it.

Jonathan
    Would that be a GSM unit? (prays)
  14.    #14  
    Well anyway, I decided to open a beer and forget about it. Not worth getting upset about it. I am going to give it a shot and try to buy one from a store tomorrow. Either way, whatever happends happends.

I hope the people who's orders were proccessed today start getting their units tomorrow. Look forward to hearing the friends I have made here get thier new devices and share with us their experiences.

Anyway until then, cheers.
    If you want it quick, you can get a Cingular GSM Treo 600 from www.gsmphonesource.com or www.4cellular.com. Both say they have them in stock for $699. I got one from gsmphonesource last week and it was perfect.

FYI, if you can live with the Cingular logo when turning wireless on or off, it's a better deal than the imported unbranded one since it comes with a much much nicer case. You can see photos of the packaging between the two on my website at caslis.com/devices/treo600.
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Thanks my friend. Its ok, this is just the way it was meant to be.

Someone else told me to purchase it from a store. I have no problem with that at all. Anyone know of a any Bay Area (california) stores that have them in stock? Im ready to visit one in the morning.
    I got mine at Best Buy in Milpitas about three weeks ago. It was the last one they had in stock at that time, so they may have more now. But I got the Sprint version...not sure about the GSM one.
    I feel your pain! The SAME EXACT THING happened to me. It's pretty ridiculous that there is no way to "resume" the order in the event of something like this.

Additionally, I was upgrading from a T300 serial number, but HS did say they would honor the $399 price if I re-ordered, just had to go to the back of the line.

I couldn't wait. I went to Best Buy last Sat. and picked mine up for the full $599, but I am going to take it back and "rebuy" it as BB this week has a $50 instant savings on the phone, bringing it to $549, plus I have a coupon I can use in conjunction. Also, there is the $150 rebate from Sprint, so, all things considered... I'm okay canceling my order from HS for the slightly more expensive instant gratification!
  18.    #18  
    Anyone know of any Bay Area, California stores that have the GSM units in stock. Most cell stores open at 10am, im ready to purchase.