1.    #1  
    Headline -- AT&T Wireless jumps into data arms race

...with average data speeds of between 100 and 130 kilobits per second for a laptop equipped with a wireless modem card that costs $250. Under optimal conditions, such as off-peak usage times and close proximity to a network transmitter, the maximum speed is 200 kbps.

Check it out ...

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/...8644115521.xml
    But not on the Treo 600 ("AT&T Wireless sells only one EDGE-compatible handset, the Nokia 6200"), which begs the obvious question: Is/Can/Will the Treo 600 be upgraded to edge or edge-like? (Just as the 270 was upgradable to GPRS.)
    Actually under those same conditions you can get the same performance with our PC cards thanx to network compression. I did a tedt on Bandwidth.com and got between 190~210kbps. this was during a saturday afternoon in March. Plus you can use it everywhere NOW...
    The new $79.99 per month unlimited service is billed with average data speeds of between 100 and 130 kilobits per second for a laptop equipped with a wireless modem card that costs $250.
    It may be the fastest, but it also has the worst data plans! Now, if Tmo started to offer EDGE with their $30/month unlimited plans!!! Now that would be somthing!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yeah and you will pay out the *** for slightly faster service, in a much smaller national footprint (AT&T GSM coverage is not as good as Sprint's yet). $20 for 8 MB in their data plan , and $0.0060 for each additional kB. AT&T's voice service is much more expensive than Anyone else to.

Sorry but even if AT&T is handing out Vaseline with their EDGE service, they still are a rip off.