1.    #1  
    I would love someone to answer this question for me. I have spent hours trying to figure this out including reading every piece of on-line documentation on Sprint's site, Seven's site etc. I have also spoken at length with Tier2 reps at Sprint. I KEEP getting contradictory answers. My Best guess is as follows:

"Always On" is a misnomer. Business Connection (regardless of which of the THREE versions: Personal, Enterprise, or Network) you use works by sending out a "hidden" SMS to the phone to "wake" the phone and cause it to query Outlook/Exchange to "pull" the message. Thus "push" is really "push-pull". The advantage of this is that it is near instantaneous AND saves on battery power as it means that the phone doesn't need to keep querying the server to see if there is new mail a'la Snapper (I'm assuming that you've set Snapper to automatic fetch every 15min). Basically, I want to have a Blackberry\Goodlink-type experience wherein I get my emails within, say, 1 minute of them hitting Exchange. CAN BUSINESS CONNECTION DO THAT??!?!?! OR is Business Connection another "push" system?

Issues:
    1) I realize that Sprint refers to it as push but the tier 2 guy said he gets emails only every 15minutes. I'm hoping he is wrong
    2) I've seen screen shots of a prefs page setting on the 600 which specifies BOTH "Pull" and "Scheduled" sync. What I can't for the life of me figure out is why you can enable BOTH of them?!?!?!?! Isn't it an either/or proposition? Maybe the Push is for Exchange and the Scheduler is for P0P3??
    3) I thought Sprint's SMS network wasn't up yet? If so, how can the network send an SMS to the phone.!?!?!?

If the email is truly pushed as I've described (I.e. SMS tells phone to go grab the message in a "push-pull" framework), how do you know when you've received an email? Are there pref settings to specify LED/Vibrate/Ring?

Finally, how does the other syncing (i.e. calendar, address book etc.) work compared to Blackberry and Goodlink where it all happens in the background without any manual or even scheduled intervention?

THANKS!!!
    1. It is a triggered pull. You are right: an invisible SMS gets sent out and tells BC to sync. At times, you can view these hidden SMSs. Sometimes they come through when you get them during a HotSync.

2. You can have both "push" and scheduled syncs at the same time. I do so for redundancy (and to send messages that I mark as "send later").

3. You can recieve SMSs, but cannot send them.

You know you have recieved an email via either a vibrate, or a sound. They do not repeat and (this is a bug) they do not happen unless you are in the application.

The rest syncs through Hotsync, though you can access your calendar/contacts through the web and you can search your contacts on your desktop from the client.q
  3.    #3  
    thanks. Any sense of what the latency is betweten when Exchange receives the email and when it ends up on your Treo? I'm not asking for super precision and I realize that a host of issues will affect the answer but IN GENERAL, would you say it all happens in less than 1 minute? Between 1-2minutes ect? Thanks!
    Conqueror wrote:
    Any sense of what the latency is betweten when Exchange receives the email and when it ends up on your Treo? I'm not asking for super precision and I realize that a host of issues will affect the answer but IN GENERAL...
    Latency was a problem when they first upgraded BizConn a few weeks ago, but now it seems mostly fixed. I just tried a test, sending an email from my Outlook (to myself) at 11:44 EST, and at 11:45 (1 minute later) the sync started. From what I know of how SMS's get pushed through the network, I'm sure results vary especially during peak traffic periods. But that's one good data point....

I've seen some other threads indicating Sprint might have made some fixes to the Push issue, so here's hoping it continues this way....