Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just found this awesome free viewer from Margin Software and I had to share the news!

http://www.marginsoftware.com/products/jpegview/

I especially like the ability to cut and paste images! Very cool...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of an app that'll display jpegs or gifs at full resolution and let you scroll around? There's a number of wind and weather related images on the net that I regularly fetch, but they look horrible in Treo Picture, and while JPEG Viewer seems to do a decent job on colorful photos it doesn't like graphic images (charts and such), and it can't display the image full sized.

BTW, JPEGViewer has a bug.
    I created a 160x135 image just to test JPEGViewer and for some reason it halved the size with black bars all around. Very odd. Refused to show it at max size.

ian
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Daemon
    Does anyone know of an app that'll display jpegs or gifs at full resolution and let you scroll around? There's a number of wind and weather related images on the net that I regularly fetch, but they look horrible in Treo Picture, and while JPEG Viewer seems to do a decent job on colorful photos it doesn't like graphic images (charts and such), and it can't display the image full sized.

BTW, JPEGViewer has a bug.
    I created a 160x135 image just to test JPEGViewer and for some reason it halved the size with black bars all around. Very odd. Refused to show it at max size.

ian
    Have you tried Acid Image Pro? While a little pricey, it sounds like this will do exactly what you're asking for. Checkout it out...

http://www.red-mercury.com/acidimage.html

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I just found this awesome free viewer from Margin Software and I had to share the news!

http://www.marginsoftware.com/products/jpegview/

I especially like the ability to cut and paste images! Very cool...
    Wow! Great find! I'm amazed at how much better my pics look using this app versus Treo Picture. It's like finally being able to see through the fog! This makes me really wonder why the included Treo Picture program has such poor resolution. And here we were blaming it on the hardware!
    I can't seem to download this without getting a corrupt zip file. Is anyone else having any trouble?

Originally posted by treotim

Wow! Great find! I'm amazed at how much better my pics look using this app versus Treo Picture. It's like finally being able to see through the fog! This makes me really wonder why the included Treo Picture program has such poor resolution. And here we were blaming it on the hardware!
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Cant get this program to see jpegs on my sd card other than ones takin from the treo 600 itself.

Also it crashes and cause a lot of resets.

Can you use it to view jpegs you drag onto the sd card
    Crashes and resets here too..I'll stick with Acid Image

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    That's weird, I've used it a few times already with my sd card and no problems. Not one crash yet.
  9.    #9  
    Yup, I have no problems either! I just transfered a bunch of pics from my Sony Cybershot S70 and JpegView opened and viewed them perfectly and fast!

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Post deleted.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I tried it and quickly deleted it. Crashed and reset EVERY SINGLE TIME! Maybe a conflict here. Perhaps with Jot or Treo Alert? Those that are having problems please post if you are running any of these apps.
    Originally posted by davpel
    I tried it and quickly deleted it. Crashed and reset EVERY SINGLE TIME! Maybe a conflict here. Perhaps with Jot or Treo Alert? Those that are having problems please post if you are running any of these apps.
    I'm running Treo Alert Mgr, but not JOT. No problems for me viewing jpegs.
    pcampbell wrote:
    I can't seem to download this without getting a corrupt zip file. Is anyone else having any trouble?

I am. I thought it was just me. Whether I download it from the link above or from PalmGear, the result is the same: it won't unzip.
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    pcampbell wrote:

I am. I thought it was just me. Whether I download it from the link above or from PalmGear, the result is the same: it won't unzip.
    Hmm... thats strange? I was able to download the zip fine? Anyway, for anyone who's interesting, I've attached the required files for download on this thread. Also here's a description of the various files according to the pdf guide that came in the original zip file...

Install to your Organizer. Using your favorite
    synchronization tool (Palm Desktop, Pilot Install, or
    similar) install the files ‘JPEGView.prc’, and ‘CommonUI
    Library.prc
    ’ onto your handheld. Both are required for the
    program to work. ‘ErrorNamesDB.prc’ is an optional file
    that gives all error messages (that use funky error numbers)
    proper error names instead.
    3. Install to Expansion Card. This program can be installed on an expansion card
    either by placing it in the /Palm/Launcher directory, or by installing it as above and
    using the ‘Copy…” feature of your Launcher.
    Note: The ‘CommonUI Library.prc’ file must be installed in RAM. The same goes
    for ‘ErrorNamesDB.prc’, if you decide to install it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

15.    #15  
    Here's the common UI lib file...

16.    #16  
    And finally, here's the error names DB file...

Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Hmm... thats strange? I was able to download the zip fine? Anyway, for anyone who's interesting, I've attached the required files for download on this thread. Also here's a description of the various files according to the pdf guide that came in the original zip file...

Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Hi,

I installed jpgviewer, but for some reasons it only allows me to browse on my SD card - I can't see the memory of the Treo and can't find the pictures I have taken with the camera... Do you know how to solve that ?

Thanks a lot,

Huy
    I assume that the pics on the phone are stored as pdb files, but stored on the card as jpg. I could be wrong - I just store all my pics on the card except for those I use as Pic caller ID's.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    The subject of the thread is misleading.
    This app can't see the photos that the camera stores,
    unless you specifically copy or move them to the SD card first.

If someone makes an app that actually integrates fully with Treo Picture, or takes over the JPEG registration completely, then I'll be interested.

ian
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast