1.    #1  
    well, I had a replacement treo sent to me today and the first thing I noticed was a raised center button. This helps dramatically as i have large thumbs and sometimes find it difficult ti press with my nail in the center. Can someone confirm that this is a recent design improvemnt or was my first treo (bought in early Oct.) just defec\tive?

I would say thebutton is raised barely below the directional pad
    I think what you're describing is the way that mine is, and I just picked it up last week.
    got revision b here; have had it for about a month, and it has the slightly raised d pad. so it's not new.
    Had it about a month and the center button is just a little higher than the D Pad.

I always wondered why people had problems w/it ... I've got big fingers and never had any trouble. Guess you got an "early" early adopters model.
    My button is low...I wonder if they'll take it back and replace. On the other hand, let me drop it a couple more times before RMA.

HRB
    I have 3 Sprint T300's at the moment. 2 are replacements. The center button on all 3 are the same height. However, the first replacement's center button is really stiff and makes it unusable, thus the reason for the second replacement. The stiff center button results in actuating any of the other 4 buttons rather than the center buttin (when pushed).

My orig 600 is hdwe rev B, both replacements are rev C. The second replacement came with PRL 21, the other 2 is at PRL 20.
    What's new in revision C?
    Does anyone know?
    Originally posted by ido
    got revision b here; have had it for about a month, and it has the slightly raised d pad. so it's not new.
    Had the chance to fool with two revision b devices. One unbranded with a low center button, the other Cingular with a higher center button. The difference is slight but enough to make a big difference. Don't think it's anything to do with hardware revisions or versions, but rather quality control -- Handspring's strong suit. Not.
    How do I find out what version mine is?
    Originally posted by Nandro
    How do I find out what version mine is?
    Go to the phone app, drop down the menu and press i. Or go to options and select phone Info.
    Thanks, I have a new baby "C" by the way.
    Can you upload pics of the 'raised' versions and the 'not raised' by chance?