Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I use SpamNet to filter spam from my Outlook Inbox. Since I have my mail account hosted elsewhere I cannot install anything server side to eliminate spam. Is there a way to have my filtered mail sent to the 600 from my Outlook Inbox after the spam filter has processed the mail? Does Visto do something like this. Any suggestions would be great.
  2. #2  
    I've used Spamcop.net for the last 2 years with my Blackberry and been delighted.

    I am able to auto-forward a copy of my emails to my address at spamcop.net.

    The spamcop.net service allows you to automatically foward BACK OUT the email once it has been filtered against their different block lists as well as any blacklists you have.

    I believe you can also set spamcop.net to automatically poll your email periodically though I have not tried this.

    I think it's $30/yr for the service. I highly recommend it. Without this service my mobile device would be flooded with about 120 spams per day.

    With spamcop maybe 2 or 3 slip through.

    They also have a very cool automated reporting tool. You can log in and have it send reports to the different ISP's .
  3. #3  
    Give Spam Interceptor a shot. A full year is $9.95. It's a remote spam filtering and authetication service.

    www.si20.com

    It has cut my spam received to just about zero...and the nice part is I can check the junk pile remotely...even from my Treo if I need to.

    Ken
  4.    #4  
    Thanks a ton guys! I may finally be able to use the 600 for email!
  5. #5  
    Please try "SpamPal", A open source FREE anti-spam email gateway!!! Very very great.

    www.spampal.org
  6. #6  
    I've been using spamarrest.com for just over a year. I get 0 spam now. It is a server side solution that pops my mailbox for me then takes away all the un-authenticated email and only alows me to download email that is not spam. I can look at all of my spam on their website and can manually authenticate senders in case there is some spam that I actually want. The other nice feature is that they have their own SMTP server that I can use. I find this more usefull then the client side solutions. When someone sends me a email for the first time, they get an auto-reply that asks them to click a link to verify that they are not spammers. Once they are verified they will never receive the auto-reply again. I can also maually block or approve any sender I wish.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  7.    #7  
    Just to follow up on this thread I have been using SpamCop for the past few weeks and it really is a great solution. If you do not have server side access this is the best way I have seen to put a "filter" between you and your e-mail account. Since the email is processed through spamcop's server you can POP in from the 600 to Spamcop and recieve your mail already filtered. Really solves the problem of there not being a spamfilter palm app yet.
  8. vamp07's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #8  
    Even if there was a palm spam filter would you want to download all that junk wirelessly?

    Originally posted by plessdude
    Just to follow up on this thread I have been using SpamCop for the past few weeks and it really is a great solution. If you do not have server side access this is the best way I have seen to put a "filter" between you and your e-mail account. Since the email is processed through spamcop's server you can POP in from the 600 to Spamcop and recieve your mail already filtered. Really solves the problem of there not being a spamfilter palm app yet.
  9. #9  
    I use ChoiceMail to filter my mail on my desktop, then forward the filtered mail to my sprintpcs account. Works great.
  10. vamp07's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #10  
    I love choicemail but recently had to give up on it because my isp filters on bad email addresses as it gets to their smtp server. Choicemail is constantly hung trying to deliver mail that my isp will not accept. Good idea if you ask me but causes choicemail grief. I would expect more ISPS will be doing this sort of thing.


    Originally posted by eskin
    I use ChoiceMail to filter my mail on my desktop, then forward the filtered mail to my sprintpcs account. Works great.
  11. #11  
    although not specifically made for this purpose yahoo works well. I had a geocities account long ago and used this for all my emails as I could forward my email to any address (important because I was often changing isps at the time) later, geocities became a part of yaho and still later they began charging $20/yr for forwarding and pop access. when I got my 6035 I began using yahoo directly and spam was a HUGE problem (my address had been posted on my geocities website and many forums for years). when yahoo added their free spam filter I activated it and now only get 1 or 2 spam messages a day (compared to 40 to 50 b4). also yahoo has some huge benefits such as wireless alerts which sends an sms to your phone when mail arrives. I use this in conjunction with treohelper to launch snapper and retrieve my email for a true push solution. needless to say I am very happy.
  12. vamp07's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #12  
    My setup is similar. I use yahoo for filtering spam and it works very well. I pay for email and have the Bayesian system in addition to their basic spam filtering. I then have my Treo600 checking mail every 2 hours with VersaMail. Works great. I tried using their alerts but I see no way to tell it to alert me of any non junk email. An alert is really a filter that then alerts. A filter needs to be specific for what it is looking for since it forces you to move messages to a given folder before it triggers the alert. Anybody know of an elegant way to use yahoo alerts with email for all incoming non junk email?

    Originally posted by lovedatreo
    although not specifically made for this purpose yahoo works well. I had a geocities account long ago and used this for all my emails as I could forward my email to any address (important because I was often changing isps at the time) later, geocities became a part of yaho and still later they began charging $20/yr for forwarding and pop access. when I got my 6035 I began using yahoo directly and spam was a HUGE problem (my address had been posted on my geocities website and many forums for years). when yahoo added their free spam filter I activated it and now only get 1 or 2 spam messages a day (compared to 40 to 50 b4). also yahoo has some huge benefits such as wireless alerts which sends an sms to your phone when mail arrives. I use this in conjunction with treohelper to launch snapper and retrieve my email for a true push solution. needless to say I am very happy.

Posting Permissions