1.    #1  
    Does anyone have this problem. When i turn on the wireless for the treo 600 the gprs does not start i have to either log on to mail or the web to sart it. i have the the network seeting checked for auto start when i turn on the device. any help would be graet.

thank you
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Still waiting on my 600, so i can't speak specifically about it, but that's how my 180g works. It's normal operating procedure. And you usually have to wait a minute or so after turning on the phone service before you can connect to gprs, at least that's how it works for me.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by msarway
    Does anyone have this problem. When i turn on the wireless for the treo 600 the gprs does not start i have to either log on to mail or the web to sart it. i have the the network seeting checked for auto start when i turn on the device. any help would be graet.

thank you
    This isn't a GPRS problem, it applies to all 600's.

Basically, the auto start applies when you log onto the web/email the first time after turning on wireless mode. If you have this enabled, it will automatically go to GPRS/Vision data service.

If you don't select auto start, you will get a dialog box asking if you want to connnect to the web and you have to select the yes button.

Hope that helps ... Tom
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad