1.    #1  
    Many people on this board had reported holsters from Seidio that have repeatedly broken. I have gone through 3 of the "pin type" detachable units before Seidio finally admitted they had real quality problems. My Treo fell to the floor repeatedly and took a terrible beating... not to mention going through the hassle of Seidio's RMA process... but I hung in there with Seidio.

They threw in the towell on the last one, and discontinued it. They offer me the ratchett style unit that has a fixed belt clip. It also broke within a week under normal use and again my phone got nailed... (to Handspring's credit this unit is badly scarred but still working due to the drops). When I sent them a message complaining about the latest failure, this is the nonsense I got back (in a form of pidgeon english it would seem):

"Please be advised that we will no longer be able to give you any more Replacements on the Holster you purchased a year ago. The product in mention (ohl3hstr300)and the order you placed is out of warranty........I have to say this is the first time we have had a customer get soooo many Replacement without having to return the Defective item to Seidio and still has something negative to say about our Product."

They elected not to have me ship the broken item back, BTW.

Needless to say, a product that continues to break throughout the warranty period is under warranty as of the last replacement, not from the period of the original purchase. Moreover, after such an experience, why would any customer have good things to say ? Incidentally, my power kit from them failed as welll and had to be replaced. This is a company that has MUCH to learn about quality and MUCH to learn about how to treat customers. Just how much inconvenience and damage to our phones do you expect people to accept, Seidio ?
    Looks like they are getting lessons from handspring.
    While I feel your pain regarding Seidio, I must say that I've been quite satisfied with the quality of their products and service.

I purchased the plastic holster for my 270 as soon as I saw it online - I really liked the feature of being able to open the flip lid while in the holster...

After a year of daily use and travel (I fly somewhere every week), I have no issues at all with the holster.

I've also ordered chargers and other items - they've shipped when they said and arrived on time.

I will be buying the Treo 600 plastic holster when it is online.

I have no relationship with Seidio other than a satisfied customer.
    I had the same problem with them...went through 3, before finally giving up.

They are not very good at their customer service, but the bottom line is the 300 holster was poorly engineered and used to little plastic. Saves a penny, but when my $300 device tumbles to the concrete, its of little comfort.

I will never buy product from them again, as the poor quality does not match what I think is a slightly premium price.

It's an opportunity for the competition.
    I had the same problem with them...went through 3, before finally giving up.

They are not very good at their customer service, but the bottom line is the 300 holster was poorly engineered and used to little plastic. Saves a penny, but when my $300 device tumbles to the concrete, its of little comfort.

I will never buy product from them again, as the poor quality does not match what I think is a slightly premium price.

It's an opportunity for the competition.
    I got one unit RMA'd, and then never heard again from them after subsequent failures in the plastic.

Move along until this company proves itself.
    bump
    Originally posted by prospero
    Many people on this board had reported holsters from Seidio that have repeatedly broken. I have gone through 3 of the "pin type" detachable units before Seidio finally admitted they had real quality problems. My Treo fell to the floor repeatedly and took a terrible beating... not to mention going through the hassle of Seidio's RMA process... but I hung in there with Seidio.

They threw in the towell on the last one, and discontinued it. They offer me the ratchett style unit that has a fixed belt clip. It also broke within a week under normal use and again my phone got nailed... (to Handspring's credit this unit is badly scarred but still working due to the drops). When I sent them a message complaining about the latest failure, this is the nonsense I got back (in a form of pidgeon english it would seem):

"Please be advised that we will no longer be able to give you any more Replacements on the Holster you purchased a year ago. The product in mention (ohl3hstr300)and the order you placed is out of warranty........I have to say this is the first time we have had a customer get soooo many Replacement without having to return the Defective item to Seidio and still has something negative to say about our Product."

They elected not to have me ship the broken item back, BTW.

Needless to say, a product that continues to break throughout the warranty period is under warranty as of the last replacement, not from the period of the original purchase. Moreover, after such an experience, why would any customer have good things to say ? Incidentally, my power kit from them failed as welll and had to be replaced. This is a company that has MUCH to learn about quality and MUCH to learn about how to treat customers. Just how much inconvenience and damage to our phones do you expect people to accept, Seidio ?

From Seidio's record, this customer placed his order for the Treo 300 holster in Dec, 2002. We had already sent 4 quick released type and 1 standard type as a broken holster replacement. Seidio admitted the material used on the first batch of Treo holster is not reliable and we had already sent FREE replacement (Improved with PC plastic) to all Treo Quick Release holster owners. This customer had filed an RMA after the replacement been sent and he refused to return the broken holster. But for our satisfied customer service, we sent the Replacement to this customer 3 times without him sending in any broken holster. In Sept, this customer filed another RMA claiming the holster broke again and he threw it away. We suspected the Quick Release type holster may not be suitable for a user with a wide body. So, we offer him a standard type which we never had complain on. A week later, this customer filed another RMA and saying that he wants a Leather Case as a replacement instead. After discussing this issue with the RMA department, this customer may abusing our 1 year warranty for replacement. Since this customer never returned any of the broken holster, not accepting another standard type holster and asking for a leather case replacement, we void the warranty for his order and rejected his RMA request.
    Seidio Support Team
    To Seidio Support,

You have too many people here that are VERY dissappointed with various aspects of your service. My gripe is that you should not display items on your website implying they are available for purchase and delivery if they are not (refer to the two in one headset for the Treo 600). Many legitimate companies refer to this stage as "pre-orders". The bottom line is your credibility is terrible.

I also purchased a usb/sync cable for my Treo 300 that ended up frying it after a few months of usage. So I don't think your quality is good either. Sorry I can't be more positive on your company.
    I'm going to have to chime in and agree with the Seidio quality issue. This summer I bought one of their car kits which included a car charger. A couple of months ago, the suction cup ceased sticking to the windshield. About a week ago, the car charger refused to power my treo anymore. I bought their travel sync/charge kit to replace the dead charger. A couple of days later I read the posts claiming that these things fry your phone after only a few months of use. Not surprisingly, my sync/charge cable has started to act up and refuses to charge the treo. I have decided to throw it away rather than ask for a refund. It better than a 650 dollar paperweight any day. Bottom line - avoid their products.
  11.    #11  
    Unfortunately, many of the things said in Seidio's response are outright lies and misrepresentations. Their absurd comments in a earlier response and <<my responses in brackets>> as follows:

This customer had filed an RMA after the replacement been sent and he refused to return the broken holster. << I at no time ever refused to send the broken part back... they never asked for them to be returned, probably due to a relatively high shipping cost... and of course sent a replacement. This is pure BS>>

But for our satisfied customer service, we sent the Replacement to this customer 3 times without him sending in any broken holster. In Sept, this customer filed another RMA claiming the holster broke again and he threw it away. << this is an outright lie, I never made such a statement and still have the remaining broken and useless parts>>

We suspected the Quick Release type holster may not be suitable for a user with a wide body. <<now they seem to suggest I am fat !... I am 6'4" and 235 #.... get real, Seidio, you are grasping)

So, we offer him a standard type which we never had complain on. <<they have had constant complaints on all these holsters as evidenced by user comments here>>

A week later, this customer filed another RMA and saying that he wants a Leather Case as a replacement instead. After discussing this issue with the RMA department, this customer may abusing our 1 year warranty for replacement. <<I asked them to offer me a conventional pocket holster since all of their plastic ones failed, at tremendous inconvenience to me, and damage to my phone. They refused, saying the warranty had run out>>.

Since this customer never returned any of the broken holster, not accepting another standard type holster and asking for a leather case replacement, we void the warranty for his order and rejected his RMA request. <<MSeidio's lack of condor and argumentative tone was clear on the last phone call. The warranty under CA law is based on last replacement of a defective item which they acknowledged already. I have referred this matter to American Express for credit under their policy>>.

<The fact that this company would lie about every material fact in this matter to cover for its poor quality and poorer customer service suggests that no one should do business with them. They should also take some english lessons and learn to write better.>