1.    #1  
    I thought ALL sprint phones had 4 digit dialing. But I can't figure out how to make it work for Treo.
  2.    #2  
    bump... anyone?

I assume this is a no-go because I still can't get it to work.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Samsung$ $only$. $It$ $was$ $THE$ $BEST$ $way$ $for$ $dialing$ $IMHO$.
  4.    #4  
    Ah, that makes sense -- had heard it was a Sprint thing but guess it was a Samsung thing. Makes sense, I had 4 Samsung/Sprint phones -- 3500, 8500, SPH-i300 & SPH-i330.

Definitely it is an awesome feature -- wish the Treo had it.
    my sanyo has it also....5150...

That is a great feature I wish my treo had it....that is all I use when I dial numbers
    Care to elaborate on "4-digit dialling" for the non-samsung ex-owners? Sounds like a killer feature.
  7.    #7  
    Basically you just dial 4 digits of any number (usually last 4 but also worked with first 4) and it searched your address book and dialed that number. If you had more than 1 match it would bring them all up and you could scroll.
    Hmmm... not sure how useful this would be.

Half the time, I can't remember the numbers of my contacts.
    I normally get their number into my phonebook/SIM and forget all about it; much less the first or last 4 numbers.

Isn't it more convenient dialling via contact names??
  9.    #9  
    Trust me it's very useful. If you have a decent memory (like me), you dial 4 digits about half the time. 40% speed dial, 40% 4-digits (know the number but it's not in speed dial) and 20% contacts.
    I too was dissapointed to find no 4 digit dial on the treo. I came to rely heavily on it. Though the "Contact" dial feature is very handy you still have to scroll after you have found the person, where as for frequently dialed numbers the 4 digit cannot be beat. It takes you directly to the number, I too had Samsung phones (I300 & I500) and 2 Touchhpoint phones and they all had it, I thought it was a Sprint phone thing until the Treo600. I hope to regain with a 3rd party app.
    I too was dissapointed to find no 4 digit dial on the treo. I came to rely heavily on it. Though the "Contact" dial feature is very handy you still have to scroll after you have found the person, where as for frequently dialed numbers the 4 digit cannot be beat. It takes you directly to the number, I too had Samsung phones (I300 & I500) and 2 Touchhpoint phones and they all had it, I thought it was a Sprint phone thing until the Treo600. I hope to regain with a 3rd party app.
    It is perhaps not ideal, but if you perform a Find for the 4 digits from the Contacts application, it will give you a list of people with those digits in their numbers. It does require more keypresses than just typing the 4 digits, and you need to make sure that the spaces in the numbers match (easiest to remove all spaces from the numbers), but will will at least do what you want.

Once you find the contact you are after in the Find list, select it, and press Done on the resulting Contacts entry. This takes you back out to the Contacts list with the found item shown. You can then tap the shown phone number to dial.

Not ideal, but better than nothing.
    For the digit-dialling lovers....

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...8&prodID=43496
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the suggested program but it's not really the same thing, and doesn't work with the Treo 600 anyway.