1.    #1  
    I just got off the phone with AT&T and they guy told me that you can't get the Treo 600 from them or from the stores. BS I thought... He then tranferred my call over to Handspring/Palm One! They said that it would coming out in the next couple of weeks and Handspring will be selling them first, AT&T will then get them in about 3 weeks. $599 for the AT&T model according to this CSR rep at PalmOne.

(Sigh)....

Mike
    Seems odd.... We all know that AT&T had a page on their site that went up/down/up/down last week, and I assumed that it was just a premature release. That page quoted a price of $549.99 less a $50 instant rebate for a $499.99 net. Can you think of any reason someone at AT&T would have prepared such a page if their price was really going to be $599?
  3.    #3  
    Maybe that $549 with $50 rebate is for new activations??? I sure hope not myself as I am an AT&T customer. But what 'gets' me is that Handspring/PalmOne (Although just a rep) said that the phone for AT&T may be releasing in a couple of weeks. I sorta kinda want it by the end of this week...

Mike
    I called ATT the other day and was told their 600 definitely will be locked. I can't figure out why anyone would want to buy an ATT 600 or a T-Mo 600 that's locked and be married to their network instead of buying an unlocked Cingular and leaving the options open. My unlocked Cingular Treo 180 works great on the ATT network, and I doubt if the 600 will be any different.

Hoping my Cingular 600 arrives on my birthday (Thursday).
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by treomendous
    I called ATT the other day and was told their 600 definitely will be locked. I can't figure out why anyone would want to buy an ATT 600 or a T-Mo 600 that's locked and be married to their network instead of buying an unlocked Cingular and leaving the options open. My unlocked Cingular Treo 180 works great on the ATT network, and I doubt if the 600 will be any different.

Hoping my Cingular 600 arrives on my birthday (Thursday).
    But if you get a cingular treo 600, will it work with AT&T okay? What about SMS and mMode? Just wondering how that all integrates into the phone when brought into the AT&T network... Is there a 'trial' period for the phone? I mean, can I get one for 14 days etc, pop in my AT&T sim to see if it works?

Lastly, can you buy a cingular Treo 600 from a Cingular store w/o getting into a contract agreement?

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeD
    Maybe that $549 with $50 rebate is for new activations???
    Mike
    It was just for new activations.

Here's the link I posted when I orginally saw the T600 on the ATTWS web site.
  7.    #7  
    My Treo Screen protectors just came in... and I don't have a treo 600 yet! I'm getting too anxious here! AT&T, please ship out those Treos!

Mike