Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    initially it said orders would start shipping on the 17th, then they subtly changed it to they would start processing on the 17th, now they say it will begin processing the 18th.... FOR THE FIRST TWO DAYS OF SALES... after that, a 2-4 week backorder? kiss the christmas sales goodbye.

Handspring always finds a way to screw up its launches!
    where does it say this. LInk maybe?
    That is definitely new info from Handspring:

"Due to high demand, we are experiencing longer than usual delays fulfilling Treo 600 orders. The following chart provides our best estimate on when you can expect your order to ship from our warehouse.

"NOTE: This page will be updated regularly as additional information becomes available, so please check back.

"Order placed: Expected ship dates:

"Cingular Wireless
    "November 2-3 We will begin processing orders November 18 and will begin shipping from November 19-21. Orders placed with service activation may require and additional 2-3 days for credit check and activation.

"November 4-on
    "2-4 weeks from order date"

To me, these new timing details are much better than the vague statements we received before which just kept us in the dark.

By the way, I ordered later in the day on Nov. 3. I hope I fall into the early shipping date instead of the "Nov 4-on" dates.
    And the wait continues...

But don't touch that dial folks, coming up is another showing of
    GSM Treo 600, Episode 1 : The phantom phone.

Don't forget, tune in tomorrow for
    GSM Treo 600, Episode 2: Attack of the Delays.

Hopefully, at some point we will release
    GSM Treo 600, Episode 3: Cingular Strikes Back.

Will the saga end there? FIND OUT!

Cheers.
    HS must be full of MBAs/PHDs but short on common sense. They really screwed up this launch. How does it make sense that Cingular retail stores have them for sale but loyal HS customers that didn't buy before the 4th are going to get the shaft for another two weeks waiting for their upgrades. I got lucky and ordered on the 2nd but I can imagine how pi$$ed I'd be had I waited.
    As may have been mentioned by someone in a prior post (...), when Handspring says "available" or "begin processing" they in NO WAY mean what you and I would think such things mean.

At least Handspring has finally admitted that "processing" has nothing to do with "shipping" (*).

Took them long enough, eh?

How many of YOU were fooled?

That's sure what they wanted to do.

Wonder what their next newspeak word will be.

------

(*) I know it's really silly to ask, but if "processing" does NOT mean "shipping" then what the hell does it mean?

Are these orders "processed" with quill and parchment then delivered by bicycle courier to Mexico for order fulfillment?

I mean...I mean...I mean...what DOES "processing" mean?

They don't want you to know.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    As may have been mentioned by someone in a prior post (...), when Handspring says "available" or "begin processing" they in NO WAY mean what you and I would think such things mean.

At least Handspring has finally admitted that "processing" has nothing to do with "shipping" (*).

Unfortunately, you sir, are right.

Cheers.
    Whats the chances they move the date from the 18th to the 19th by the end of day tomorrow?
    I completely understood that "processing" did not necessarily guarantee "shipping" at the same time. I had hoped that my order would process and ship on the same day.

Than again, I'm a lawyer and am used to seeing weasely language every day. Their "processing" statement seemed intentionally vague and squishy.

But I'm giving Handspring/PalmOne the benefit of the doubt here. I'm ok with their new shipping language because it at least tells me what to expect. Of course they want to ship ASAP and bill my credit card ASAP. That's how they make their money. I can live with delays - but vague language of "soon", "a few weeks", "shortly" is what bugs me. Just tell me when to expect shipping so I can make my choice on whether to pucharse or not.
    Are you fu**ing kidding me? What's stopping them from postponing the processing date from the 18th to the 19th, and then from the 19th to the 20th, and so on? Lies, lies, lies....I'm getting really sick of all their meaningless promises and announcement dates.
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Whats the chances they move the date from the 18th to the 19th by the end of day tomorrow?
    HIGH.

In fact, it's a limit that approaches infinity.

Cheers.
    Is anyone here only "dissapointed".... and not "Mad"?

Where does everyone stand on this?
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Is anyone here only "dissapointed".... and not "Mad"?

Where does everyone stand on this?
    I'm psychotic, borderline suicidal, with a sprinkling of neuroses and a desire to exterminate everything living. But I'm fine otherwise...

Cheers.
    1. I am disappointed. It's not even remotely worth getting mad.

2. Can I ask you all: Are you even remotely surprised? Remember the 1+ year wait for GPRS.

Disappointment is all part of the love/hate HS experience.

HRB

PS I think they announced in order to build up a backlog which they can later tout to investors, banks, etc.
    Originally posted by mhanson14
    initially it said orders would start shipping on the 17th, then they subtly changed it to they would start processing on the 17th, now they say it will begin processing the 18th.... FOR THE FIRST TWO DAYS OF SALES... after that, a 2-4 week backorder? kiss the christmas sales goodbye.

Handspring always finds a way to screw up its launches!
    You think this is bad? Wait until the orders for T-Mobile start coming in. Expect the worst, HS can't deliver.
    Originally posted by kreka

You think this is bad? Wait until the orders for T-Mobile start coming in. Expect the worst, HS can't deliver.
    lol that true! ATT & Tmo should be going live with orders withen a week... haha
    Pretty bummed about the delay, and a little obsessive about the whole thing. I'm not mad though.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I can't say I'm mad, but I'm definitely disappointed that they fell through on at least processing today, whatever that means.

I ordered on the 2nd, and I expressed it, so there's still a chance I could have it by Friday, according to HS's new language. If I have it in my hands by Friday, I'll be happy. Any time after that, and it's going to sit in a box for two weeks while I'm travelling to the East Coast. That would be really frustrating.

The biggest issue for me is the whole sudden change from today to tomorrow for beginning the process. At what point did they figure out that nothing was going to happen today, and why didn't they just tell us then? What are all the people who were supposed to be "processing" GSM orders today doing? Company picnic? Called in sick? This whole thing just seems so disorganized.

Or maybe those people (assuming there's more than one of them) are too busy catching up on Sprint orders they still haven't processed from four weeks ago. (Sprint people who are still waiting—I feel your pain.)

It's just silly that HS has had this many product launches, and every single one of them was screwed up. A lot of people may think this kind of thing is no big deal, but it really is a poor reflection on their customer service, and that always hurts a company in the long run. Let's hope Palm helps straighen them out on this.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast