1.    #1  
    Just picked up the Treo last week and am liking it so far...

Am I correct, though, in thinking there's no (easy) way to associate a personalized ringer/photo to caller ID across a contact's phone list? ie. with my old phone, I simply set up a personal ring and photo for my wife and whether she called from home, work or mobile, that ringer/photo popped up. It seems with the Treo I must creat a "favorite/speed dial" icon for each and every individual number for her, my boss, etc....if I want to know it's them calling from no matter what nubmer they may use.

Second, is there a way to add "pause" to an extended dial string? My work vmail sometimes needs time between dialing, entering vmail box and vmail pin....I see the extra digitis option under favorites to auto dial the number and enter the proper numbers for my vmail box and pin, but need to slow down the autodialer with some pauses in the dial string....can I use a comma? or is there a 2-second pause somewhere to enter?

Thanks for helping the newbie!
    Commas work as pauses. Multiple commas extend the pause.

As for your first question, I think a picture added to a favorite will work for all numbers associated with that individual in contacts. Not 100% sure though.

One other thing, if you hit the space bar while on a favorites button, you'll see all of the person's numbers.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Tim. You know, I thought about the commas as I was typing the orig post (thinking about a modem dial string) and just put them in.

While they *do* work, it's not a true pause, as you can hear them being initiated/dialed.

As to the pic/ringer. No, it appears they are only associated to the phone# you program as the speed dial, not the others. Again, the work around would be to assign speedial/favorite for wife home, work, cell; boss home, work, cell; daughter home, work, cell; etc... Though that will eat into the number of favorites, perhaps significantly...
    Originally posted by dslunceford
    Thanks Tim. You know, I thought about the commas as I was typing the orig post (thinking about a modem dial string) and just put them in.

While they *do* work, it's not a true pause, as you can hear them being initiated/dialed....
    I think this is related to the DTMF tones setting you have. I've read on the forum that by enabling Short DTMF tones, you'll "hear" the pause mechanism working. What you hear (extra digits dialing) is not actually heard by the recipient's phone.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by treotim

I think this is related to the DTMF tones setting you have. I've read on the forum that by enabling Short DTMF tones, you'll "hear" the pause mechanism working. What you hear (extra digits dialing) is not actually heard by the recipient's phone.
    Ahh, that was it, thanks.

Anyone care to speculate on the ringer/photo personalization? Is there no way to assign to a contact (all numbers) vs individual numbers for a contact?