Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I need bluetooth to pair with my CAR!!!

I hope whever they finally come out with thiose Bluetooth SD cards we have been hearing so much about they will support a HANDSFREE profile... not just a HEADSET Profile.

Mike
    Yet again the press makes out that there is some big security hole and all your data is gonna be sucked out of your phone/pda if you have Bluetooth. Did anyone go to the website links they offer to the right of the article? They basically explain how you can 'spam' people by setting up a mail/contact/memo with your message, then sending your 'message' to phones/pda in Bluetooth discover mode... nothing at all about how to hack in and steal data.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Shadodweller points out:
    <snip>
    you can 'spam' people by setting up a mail/contact/memo with your message, then sending your 'message' to phones/pda in Bluetooth discover mode... nothing at all about how to hack in and steal data.
    <endquote>
    As I understand Bluetooth, the way the profiles are set up allows contact information to be received from untrusted devices, but other operations require trusted status to execute. (ie, no password, no connection). The authorization process is manual (at least on my phone), requiring the user to enter a password for each individual attempt to make a trusted connection -- which kind of limits the effectiveness of a brute-force (dictionary) attack.

It's just spam, people. And, it's probably spam from someone who you could see (and whack upside the head, serves 'em right...) if you turned around to look, given the short range of Bluetooth.

There's a possibility of someone tricking a bluetooth user by sending an unsolicited address file asking them to accept a connection. Any reasonably-intelligent person should see that it's bogus -- but then again, common sense may be too much to expect.

Rusty J
    270 (once again working on) AT&T
    Palm T|3 + SonyEricsson T616
    Every day T-Mobile delays the T600,
    is a day I could have been their customer.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!

This is what will make the treo-600 complete!!
    The card exists at PalmOne, the drivers for the card on the 600 seem to be the question. I would like to see this happen for a number of applications including:

Wireless sync to PC, maybe even automatic

Use of wireless BT keyboards for data entry (Logitech Dinovo)

Printing of course to equipped printers

Integration with BT Camera/VCR (such as the Sony units)

Does anyone know the status of drivers for Bluetooth SD Card over at PalmOne/Handspring ?

I am ready with my reel of scotch tape to keep that card in the slot if they write the drivers for it !
    I want a Bluetooth / 128 MB SD CARD Combo. Even if it sticks out a little from the slot. You probably want it to stick out a littke for the BT antenna anyways. I would pay $200 for it.
    I want bluetooth just so I can easily upload my midis (assuming it takes them in the .mid form) otherwise, I guess I'll just dock it... It would be nice to have it pair with my GPS though...

Mike
    I definately want Bluetooth! Imagine how much Bluejacking you can do with the power and portability of a Treo 600! I never thought of it before! How fun!!!! You could completely trash all of those condicending SonyEricsson users out there!

(P.S. Before I get flamed, this WAS a joke.)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I want it so I can connect to my car that is Bluetooth enabled. Imagine you phone book and total integration while you are driving. Your listening to the radio and the phone rings, the volume reduced shows who is on the phone on the dashboard display and you hit a button on the steering wheel and talk hands free while there voice comes throught the speakers.

NOW THATS COOL
    Originally posted by ccap
    I want it so I can connect to my car that is Bluetooth enabled. Imagine you phone book and total integration while you are driving. Your listening to the radio and the phone rings, the volume reduced shows who is on the phone on the dashboard display and you hit a button on the steering wheel and talk hands free while there voice comes throught the speakers.

NOW THATS COOL
    Count me in too. I also have a state-of-the-art Bluetooth system in my car navigation system that's just sitting there waiting for me to use it!
    Originally posted by ccap

NOW THATS COOL
    What cars do you two drive that are BT enabled? Do you live in US or Europe? Just curious, as I am due to replace my vehicle soon, and definately want it to be BT enabled.

HRB
    I know some BMW's have it.
    Originally posted by rbrar

What cars do you two drive that are BT enabled? Do you live in US or Europe? Just curious, as I am due to replace my vehicle soon, and definately want it to be BT enabled.

HRB
    2004 Acura TL is BT enabled for hands free.
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    Originally posted by rbrar

HRB
    2004 Lexus LS430
    I want Bluetooth for GPS, wireless Headset, syncing. The uses are endless. And the silly old m5xx series can have bluetooth but we can't with our $600 devices???
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    I *might* pay $599 for a Treo 600 that has:

high res screen (for terminal services)
    Bluetooth on the motherboard, leaving the SDIO slot available for other purposes
    a charger/sync cradle INCLUDED

I'm sure not going to pay $600 plus $30 for a cradle plus $100-200 for a BT card. That's 1.5 sets of tires for my car!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    My car is a BMW 540i and even though its a 2002, you can buy a retrofit kit that makes it bluetooth for around $500. ALOT cheaper than the BMW wired phone for $2k.

All new BMW's are Bluetooth enabled!! Real cool!
    Yes!!! Bluetooth to pair up with my G5. Using iSync with no cables would be great.
    Blue tooth would be great, but so would WiFi. A combo card would rock!

Dunc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast