Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Acura 2004 TL has a real nice Bluetooth setup called HandsFreeLink.

However, besides just BLIETOOTH on the 600, it will need a HANDS FREE PROFILE.

It is very possible that a SD bluetooth card will come out that has a HEADSET profile but not a total HANDSFREE profile, allowing the features to be used with the car.

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    Acura 2004 TL has a real nice Bluetooth setup called HandsFreeLink.

However, besides just BLIETOOTH on the 600, it will need a HANDS FREE PROFILE.

It is very possible that a SD bluetooth card will come out that has a HEADSET profile but not a total HANDSFREE profile, allowing the features to be used with the car.

Mike
    Yeah, the '04 TL has a very nice handsfree setup. Keep in mind the Bluetooth 1.1 specification states that it must suppport the hands free profile. (http://www.bluetooth.org) So check the version implemented very carefully when a bluetooth solution is available for the Treo600. This Treo600 bluetooth flakiness is one of the reasons why I decided to switch to the SE P900.

---
    Edit

Sorry v1.1 only needs to support the headset profile. My mistake for not looking at the Specifications closer. But, this requirement could still impact many Treo600 users who are waiting for BT drivers.
    Last edited by unixmonkey; 11/19/2003 at 10:58 AM.
    Bluetooth oh Bluetooth how do I use thee? Let me count the ways:

1. BT Modem via Sprint for Powerbook
    2. BT HotSync
    3. BT Keyboard
    4. BT Hands Free kit
    5. BT Headset

This topic has seen lots of hits, but so few postings. If you took the time to veiw the thread please take the time to post to it as well. Bluetooth SD I/O needs all the support it can get.

Thanks
    Yeh totally agree. I see sandisk are delaying the SD Wifi card for Palm though:-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/68/34106.html

But I really hope they get the Bluetooth one out as soon as possible.

Has anyone got an inside info on how the porting of the SD Bluetooth card to support the Treo 600 is coming along.

Scott
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I will definitly keep posting!! I WANT BLUETOOTH. Then the Treo-600 will be complete in my eyes.

I can then have a hands free Jabra set. I tough now trying to shift while drive and holding the phone. The wired ear piece is ok, but I want WIRELESS!!!

I can then pair it to my car so everything is tightly integrated.

PLEASE oh PLEASE GIVE ME BLUETOOTH!!!
    I've already posted on this issue but I'll post again because I'm with you guys--I want it now!!

I have a bluetooth enabled tablet pc that I was using with a Tungsten T. While it wasn't my main setup it certainly opened my eyes to the possibilities. You could use your Treo as wireless Internet for your laptop without ever pulling it out of your pocket (much less plugging in a cable). And the great thing is that the bluetooth standard handles all of this natively without any extra software!

Anyway, while I'm on the subject, my tablet warns that using WiFi with Bluetooth simulatneously can cause problems. I know this is because they are occupyting the same wireless bands (or something like that). Are there any issues with CDMA (or GSM for that matter) with simultaneous use of Bluetooth on the same device? I have to assume no, but thought it worth asking.
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    Originally posted by ccap
    My car is a BMW 540i and even though its a 2002, you can buy a retrofit kit that makes it bluetooth for around $500. ALOT cheaper than the BMW wired phone for $2k.

All new BMW's are Bluetooth enabled!! Real cool!
    Right! The new BMWs, among other cars, are coming standard with Bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I want bluetooth for handsfree car kit and GPS.

I know I can do all this without BT, but I really don't want to spend loads of money and then when it comes to upgrading in a year or two, have to buy it all again.

With BT there is a good chance that once I have fitted a BT car kit and bluetooth GPS, I will be able to use it with whatever new device I get.
    I want BlueTooth for the hands-free car kit, mainly. I imagine there'll be lots of other uses for it once I have it. GPS is a possibility, perhaps a non-auto headset. Syncing, maybe.

I just really want the car kit. I've had car kits for all of my previous cell phones, but they've always been tied to that phone, and the install/removal costs $$$ each iteration.

There've been lots of posts on who wants it and why, but does anyone have any solid information on *when* it'll be available? (</wishful thinking>)
    Just to chime in here, Mini has Bluetooth in it's Cooper. Although I don't have the system, soon will, so hopefully Handspring (AKA Palmone) and Sandisk will get their hinies in gear with that Bluetooth module!
    Any word on a Bluetooth SD card yet... anyone hear anything?

I am tired of waiting!
    Bluetooth is just an option in the 325i for 2004. They come with BMW Assist -- which is an emergency cell link -- and that has to be removed to put in the Bluetooth option.
    Originally posted by mikesafh
    I want BlueTooth for the hands-free car kit, mainly. I imagine there'll be lots of other uses for it once I have it. GPS is a possibility, perhaps a non-auto headset. Syncing, maybe.
    (</wishful thinking>)
    How 'bout a Bluetooth Palm Keyboard ?
    But at the end of the day, the Treo 600 has no Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, VoiceRecorder,2+megapixel cam, Hi-res. screen. Admit it, they have tested the market effectively and at this point in time, Palmone will not do anymore upgrades because I think these are the exciting stuff that we will see on the next smartphones. And the Treo 700 will only be one of the players. They need to get ready for the next brutal round when the big guys enter the smartphone arena before the end of summer next year.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I don't think I need it. Granted, I've never used it (I have no devices or vehicles with any BT profiles, etc), so maybe I don't know what I'm missing out on, BUT - I know all about it. I remember about 4 years ago, I was telling some guys where I worked that BT was the future, and that was before I got on the single converged device bandwagon. These guys and I were talking about using Palms and cell phones together - they were saying that they didn't want a Palm until it was also a cell phone, and my response was 'just wait until BT - BT is the answer'. And now, I'm the one with the single converged device, and no apparent need for BT. Funny how things change over time.

My primary perceived need for BT is to pair up a cell and a PDA, and since we don't have to do that, I don't <think> I need BT.

I know - you guys will flame me, but that's my thought. And here's my rebuttal to the various uses for BT:

1. BT Modem via Sprint for Powerbook
    me - don't want to lug around a laptop - that's why I have the 600.
    2. BT HotSync
    me - my cradle charges me and keeps the 600 at a good angle for viewing/marking off to-dos, etc.. current HS is fine.
    3. BT Keyboard
    me - hmm - maybe, but battery life would be a concern. My Palm Wireless IR keyboard works great as it is.
    4. BT Hands Free kit
    me - well, maybe again, here - but I go back to the battery life issue. I believe that my iRock solution is fine for me.
    5. BT Headset
    me - never been a big fan of the JABRA, etc BT headsets - kinda big and clunky, to me. Plus they have to be charged, which would be yet another item that has to be charged.

Bottom line - I don't have BT, so I can rationalize away its need and use for me. If I had it, I might like it, but as it is now, I don't think I need it. In other words, it's not something I pine away for on a regular basis (on the other hand - you could make an analogy with pocketTunes and MP3 on the 600 - I never had it before, so I didn't think I needed it; now that I have it on the 600, I use it all the time and can't imagine NOT having it, so there ya go).
    Originally posted by turnepf
    I've already posted on this issue but I'll post again because I'm with you guys--I want it now!!

I have a bluetooth enabled tablet pc that I was using with a Tungsten T. While it wasn't my main setup it certainly opened my eyes to the possibilities. You could use your Treo as wireless Internet for your laptop without ever pulling it out of your pocket (much less plugging in a cable). And the great thing is that the bluetooth standard handles all of this natively without any extra software!

Anyway, while I'm on the subject, my tablet warns that using WiFi with Bluetooth simulatneously can cause problems. I know this is because they are occupyting the same wireless bands (or something like that). Are there any issues with CDMA (or GSM for that matter) with simultaneous use of Bluetooth on the same device? I have to assume no, but thought it worth asking.
    You might get those conflicts with 802.11b. However, if you have an 802.11g system, the range of frequencies will increase, and so you might be able to avoid these types of conflicts (if they arise). I hope that they'll come out with a g instead of a b system.

Anyway, regarding the hands free Jabra set (bluetooth), my only comment is that, from looking at it, it looks like I'll resemble Robocop wearing it! Can't they make a smaller version? I always thought that the more descreet the device will be, the more elegance it will add to the whole set-up (just like in the case of the diming volume when the phone rings on some of the cars described above!@). And YES, I want a bluetooth card for my T600 that should get here any time now.... Hold on, I hear a van pulling into the drive way.... Damn it! It's just the postal van... Where's my UPS van? come on UPS, I'm growing gray hair waiting for you!!!
    May the G4ce be with you
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12