1.    #1  
    I went to the Sprint store and told them I wanted to trade my T300 in on a T600. The manager said they weren't expecting to get any T600's in, but that if they did, he would let me trade the T300 in towards the 600.

I asked if he would be able to order or request one, and he said no, that all they have is what they are sent. He added that it was almost impossible to get a T600 in stock because all the business customers were eating them up. Well, I am a business customer who wants a slice of the pie.

How accurate is this guy? Should I just wait for him to call me and tell me they've got them in stock, or should I try to get one thru another source?

TIA,
    Jason
    yeah, I went in to a sprint store the other day and they had one, but wouldn't sell it to me as they said they were saving it for new activations.

That does not seem legal to me. They said I would have to speak to the manager and he may let it go.

WTF?!
    yeah, I went in to a sprint store the other day and they had one, but wouldn't sell it to me as they said they were saving it for new activations.

That does not seem legal to me. They said I would have to speak to the manager and he may let it go.

WTF?!
    that sounds pretty messed up... i just got my treo this past saturday... i called a sprint store/service center and they told me they had a waiting list for the t600... 3-4 weeks. i ended up calling a sprint express store and they had one, they had no probs selling it to me- i guess they wanted my hard earned $$$.
  5.    #5  
    I called Sprint and they said that the phones were available and that the manager could order one. They couldn't honor his trade-in deal, however. I think he was just putting me off.
    It depends on the store. I went to one store last Thursday and was told that they were getting a shipment Friday morning but were not sure if any Treo 600's would be included. So Friday morning I called a few stores in the area. One had 3, but would not put any on hold. About 5 stores didn't have it. Just by luck, the store that I went to on Thursday received one (so I was told) Friday morning. The manager had no problems holding it for me.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I pretty much walked into a Las Vegas store, said "I want a Treo 600" and walked out with one...
    call and order from sprint..why go to a store. phones once received they are a snap to activate. you can get one in a few days
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    call and order from sprint..why go to a store. phones once received they are a snap to activate. you can get one in a few days
    The manager offered me a very good trade in deal for my T300 that Sprint couldn't honor when I called them. Which is why I want to get it from the local store.
    I got mine at BestBuy 3 days ago, had it activated before I could even pay for it. A hell of alot nicer than he Hitachi G1000. I tried that thing, it was a monster!

Nandro
    I also got mine at one of my local area Sprint stores yesterday. No hastle at all. I walked in, they showed me a demo, I told them I wanted it, they got one from the back and had it activated in a few minutes, including Vison. This was not a new activation. Goodbye A620.