Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Versamail 2.5 is by the far the best mail client. I have tested them all and find that Versamail has the best feature set. It does support IMAP, filtering, and it is the only one that supported "real" authenticated SMTP. It just needs the 5 way button support. It is available at all the Palm download sites. http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...C&prodID=48823
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    yeslek99 wrote:
    The only thing I don't like is that if there is a web link on the email, there is no way to just click it to go to the page....I can't even cut and paste.
    I figured out an easy way to do this, which is to hit 'Reply' to a message, and then I can cut-and-paste....Not perfect, so I made a request that they add in this in a future release.
    great tip!! thanks a lot!
    Here's my thoughts. I need access to my 1) Exchange account at work and 2) my personal IMAP account. It would be great if I could use 1 client on my Treo 600 to perform these tasks. However, here's an issue I have. I have most of my e-mail automatically sorted into folders other than my Inbox for both my Exchange and IMAP accounts.

Right now I'm using Sprint's Business Connection client but that only allows me to access my Inbox on both accounts, basically useless for me. In order to get access to my other folders via BC, I have to use Blazer and go to the BC website which is not as "user friendly" as the straight client.

I'm also using VersaMail 2.5 which actually works pretty good accessing my IMAP account because it will sync and allow me to view my other IMAP folders (other than Inbox). Unfortunately, the five-way nav on the Treo 600 doesn't work great with VersaMail. I end up having to use screen input to navigate the app.

So, anyone have other suggestions?

Thanks,
    David
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I use HS mail for just my one pop3 account and it works great with links and all.

By the way.. what is IMAP? I see it used and am not sure as to what it is.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Originally posted by JesterHS
    By the way.. what is IMAP? I see it used and am not sure as to what it is.
    With POP protocol you are downloading your emails from the server and store them local on your PC. This is ok if you are only using one POP account and one PC.

IMAP stores your messages on the server, at the moment you are checking your emails you'll see them. You just have local copies on your PC if you want to (disconnected mode). So you can check for emails from different devices and you always see the same .

Example: I check for "new messages" with my Treo on my IMAP server. My PC at home and my office PC are off. Now I get ONLY the newest messages, read them, delete some of them. Sync again with IMAP server. The server now marks the "new messages" as "seen", delete (expunge) the other. Depending on the settings of the email clients on the PC's you will not see the messages you aleady read on the Treo now as "new". They are there, sure, but marked as "seen". Never mind of reading emails on different devices ...

I would never use something other than IMAP.
    RTFM
    Just saw this on their site:

Build 51 now includes:
    - Improve support for Treo 600 navigator
    - Fix address lookup on Treo 600
    - Delete SMS trigger on Treo 600
    - Treo 600 now plays tone associated with SMS config

http://www.basejet.com./products/updates.html
    t 600 here. want to get going. using treo mail. need to renew in 4 days. have not migrated. tmail has been good for me.

planning to reup for treo mail, migrat to new tmail, sync, activate new phone.

I assume will work well for email. am I right?

better solution?

thanks
    I have documents to go and snapper mail attachments get opened automatically by the respective program.. EG:

zip files get unzipped
    jpegs get viewd
    word files get viewed wit doct to go
    etc..

does biz connect support this too???

Thanks
    No, it doesn't. I thought Biz Conn was free, but I found out it's only a 2 months trial freebie - I'm sure I won't keep it and go with Snapper. Not being able to open jpgs is a problem.
    compared to Snapper Mail, and have the following questions.

Snapper can do the following; can Biz Connect, VersaMail, and Visto?

5-way support.

Unlimited message and attachment size. With Snapper I just received and forwared a 6.2 meg attachement.

Hooks into the Palm OS "mime" filetypes. i.e. Doc, xls, ppt files open in Docs to Go or QuickOffice, other filetypes open in the registered application.

SSL, yes Snapper Premier supports SSL.

Snapper doesn't do these, do the others?

IMAP

Sync with Outlook

Login to Exchange
    Originally posted by knoppi

With POP protocol you are downloading your emails from the server and store them local on your PC. This is ok if you are only using one POP account and one PC.
    I use SnapperMail and sync my Treo and 2 other computers to the same POP account.

I have all my email clients configured to "leave mail on server."

When my email clients (including Snapper) check for new mail they ignore messages I have already downloaded (to that client).

From your description the only thing that IMAP gives you is a global "I've read this already" flag.

Of course there are other benifits to IMAP ??
    Well, here's my setup: I use snappermail for my three pop3 accounts. I have yahoopops setup on my desktop to forward email to my Sprintpcs account and I use Treohelper's SMS triggers to pull email to my Treo600. I also have Biz Conn b/c it free with my Sprint account. I use this primarily to check my outlook on my desktop for which it functions very well. I also like the remote folder feature using the desktop BC component to check my Documents folder on my computer. Then finally I also have the HS email client. I use primarily to post to my textamerica moblog b/c it can read pics directly from ram instead of the SD card. Thus I use all three regularly for different purposes...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If only snappermail would provide a one click way to remove mail from our Palm that is no longer on the server (no blue dot) it would be a very workable email client even when working with a IMAP server.

I offered this as a suggestion about a year ago and Will basically said he though my idea stunk since I could simply switch modes, sort, scroll down, select my items not on the server and trash them.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Regarding textamerica, you can send directly from the camera/picture app on the Sprint Treo 600.

After you take a picture, you can send it directly from the camera/picture app by using the 'share' function and emailing it directly to textamerica and it'll get posted. I think textamerica parses through all the picture mail junk to fetch and post the picture. Works great for me.

One catch is that the 'share' function only works with pictures stored internally not on the SD card.
    Originally posted by dgoodisi
    Of course there are other benifits to IMAP ??
    Yes:
    • Deletes on the server sync to your Palm
    • All folders on the server available on your Palm, and visa versa
    • Messages sent via your Palm appear in Sent Items on the server, and visa versa
    • Messages moved to other folders on the Palm also get moved on the server, and visa versa
    • Shared folders, used to share stuff with colleagues, PA, etc, also viewable on the Palm
    • Names and sizes of all attachments can be seen on the Palm without downloading the whole message
    • Just one attachment can be downloaded with downloading whole message
    • Just body can be downloaded without downloading any attachments
    Jeremy Howard
    www.fastmail.fm
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Just got my T600 and purchased VersaMail from Palm. I've used Basejet, Iambic, PapiMail, 2BAnywhere, etc., etc.

Versamail has it hands down for me as an IMAP user.

My 2 cents.

I did find some interesting "setup bugs" in VersaMail - but will post them elsewhere.

Danita
    Do any of the push email apps allow you to see sub-folders within your mailbox? I can't seem to get this to work with Bizcon Personal Edition but thought it might be possible with Visto Message Express or Infowave Symmetry Pro...
    Originally posted by JakePratt
    If only snappermail would provide a one click way to remove mail from our Palm that is no longer on the server (no blue dot) it would be a very workable email client even when working with a IMAP server.

I offered this as a suggestion about a year ago and Will basically said he though my idea stunk since I could simply switch modes, sort, scroll down, select my items not on the server and trash them.
    Hmm... not certain I follow that, but I have SM pref'd so that when I hit the Treo's keyboard "j," message(s) are deleted off the Treo permanently (immediately) and off the server (at next fetch). On or Off the server, that mail becomes "junk" and is gone. One hit of the "j" key: isn't that "one click?"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12