1.    #1  
    How can I do that other than third party software?
    I haven't tried this yet, but what I was planning to do was this.

1.) Synch .jpg file to SD card
    2.) Open Camera applications, go to the picture list, and select the category for the card.
    3.) Select the picture you want and from the menu move it to another category (this will copy it to the device)
    4.) Select picture from the favorites section.

Like I said I haven't tried this, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work (I have copied .jpg files to the Treo this way, I just haven't set them as pictures for photo id yet).
    Take the picture you want and make it 160x160.
    On your desktop there should be a folder called "Treo Pictures"
    Open that up, open up your username folder, then open up the transfer folder. Put your picture in there.
    Next time you hotsync, your picture will be your photo app, in the unfiled folder.
    I have the world in my Palm
  4.    #4  
    Ah -- see I haven't actually installed the Treo desktop software yet. Thanks.
    If you have an expansion card, copy it to the card and place the picture/file in the directory that treopictures uses. I THINK it's the DCIM folder. If you can view the picture in the treopictures program, then move it from the card to one of the categories (unfiled/business/personal) Now you will be able to use it as an ID for someone. I did this and it worked. The only thing I'm not sure of is the name of the folder you need to put the file in. But I know it works. After typing this I'm thing there HAS to BE an EASIAR way...
    Hope this helps
    Peace
    Charles
    Or...

E-mail the picture to yourself as an attachment and open it using a program like snappermail. It will allow you to save to the phone and then you can select to use it as picture caller ID.
    Or...

E-mail the picture to yourself as an attachment and open it using a program like snappermail. It will allow you to save to the phone and then you can select to use it as picture caller ID.
    Or put the picture in the "Transfer" folder in your Treo Pictures folder. Next time you HotSync it'll be in your Treo. Then assign the favorite and put the picture there.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Yes this can be done.

I recently downloaded a pic to the t600 via IR from my wife's nokia 7650 and laptop separately. I viewed them on the T600. I also used it aspicture/caller ID using the define button in the favorites listing
    Originally posted by thppfft
    Take the picture you want and make it 160x160.
    On your desktop there should be a folder called "Treo Pictures"
    Open that up, open up your username folder, then open up the transfer folder. Put your picture in there.
    Next time you hotsync, your picture will be your photo app, in the unfiled folder.
    Can some explain to me the purpose of making the picutre 160 x 160? I've added picture to my T600 and set them as wallpaper without doing that step and it works fine. Just curious.

Thanks.
    The display on the Treo is 160x160. If you are only going to view the pictures on there, resizing to 160x160 will save you some memory.
    I have the world in my Palm
    Thanks. I thought that was probably the reason.