1.    #1  
    I have created a Treo 600 Wiki site that everyone can contribute to. A Wiki site btw is a site in which every person who views the site, can edit, and create new content.
    Here is the URL.

http://www.howardsworld.com/Treo600W...ViewPage=index

The site is optimized for use on the Treo600. It uses number short cuts etc.. and is all text based.
    There is already some basic content, however a site like this thrives with traffic, so please visit the site and improve anything and everything you see. I believe this site can be a true resource to this community as a repository for Treo600 knowledge.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    ComicMasta
    The site goes into an endless loop loading this page:

http://www.howardsworld.com/Treo600W...ViewPage=index
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  3.    #3  
    Well the main index is back.
    From the message that was substituted, I assume not everyone thinks the site is a good idea.

In my openion it could be great.
    This is not a news site, so don't go to expecting PDA24/7 style information. The goal of this site is more to be a Universal Treo600 FAQ.

I hope that some of you find it usefull.
    I got your email and posted a link to your site on our Computers and Pda page, under PDA sites.
    Thanks for the link to us.
    Keep up the good work!
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    thanks Jim, great site, made use already of tip info
  6.    #6  
    Well I have to say I didn't realize how much anamosity there was in the Treo600 Comunity. People have seen fit to replace the index page a few times with messages that they do not like the site.

Funney enough derek985 of Treo 600 Essentials warned me that people would not respect the site, but anyway, I'm going to keep on plugging along. Well enough of that...

On a related note, the Treo600 is an amazing device. Since I wrote all the scripts for Treo600Wiki myself I was really able to take advantage of it. My solution to the site defaceing problem is this...

Now, whenever a page is updated by a user, my script sends me an EMail to an Admin accont, which contains the text or the original page, and the new "edited" page. Then, through links contained in the EMail I have the option to accept the new page, or revert to the original. This is transparent to the user, due to the fact that the new page is immediatly displayed, and only reverted, if I choose.

The really cool part... This is all done on my Treo600. Just after the EMail is sent to Admin, a SMS is sent to my phone. That SMS activates TreoHelper. TreoHelper immediatly activates SnapperMail, which immediatly Downloads the New mail from the Admin account. I view the mail, with all of the page changes and imbeded HTML links for Accept Change, or Revert. I then tap the appropriat link. SnapperMail launches Blazer and activates the correct Admin script.

The low down, in the future, when someone defaces the site, from the time of their page edit, to the time of the original page being restored, should only be a couple of minuites.

And all thanks to my Treo600

The downside...I gotta sleep sometime

P.S. I have added a little content, but plan to do some major additions tonight.

I hope everyone likes the site, and please contribute if you can
  7.    #7  
    I added some content tonight
    -New Software Lists broken down by Enhanced / Compatible / Incompatable.
    -Added a couple of Hardware Reviews
    -Added Page History to index page
    -Added Site Update News to index page

There is more to do, but I had to spend a lot of time fixing minor script bugs (mainly pertaining to the correct interpretation of links with odd charecter i.e. < > ? * % etc.)

I still am planning to add a Seach feature to check all pages in the site also.

If you see anything missing, please feel free to add it using the "Edit" link in the top left of each page.
  8.    #8  
    I would like to appologize to anyone who loged onto Treo600Wiki last night and was shown inappropriate material. I am notified pretty quickly of inappropriate posts, and I removed them as quick as I could, however the poster was extremly persistant, and continued to post the material.

In the end I had to resort to temporarly turning off page edits.

On that note I would also like to appologise to anyone who tried to add content last night and recieved a page saying site updates were off. All appropriate contenet which was submitted during this time, has now been added.

On that note I would like to thank Druce for some great usefull reviews.

There will hopefully be no further interuption in content viewing or posting. I have implemented an IP Blocking feature to stop people from posting inappropriate material. I hope this will due the trick.

If anyone has any problems with this feature, or the site in general, please let me know.

Thank you,
    ComicMasta
    I went to the site today to view the untilities section, but there seems to be nothing there. I noticed you had a server crash and lost images, etc. Do you have the matrix for the utilities still?

Mike